“Nice relaxing place...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ulin Villas & Spa

You added The Ulin Villas & Spa to your Saves list
The Ulin Villas & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Merta Sari | P.O. Box 2062, Seminyak, Bali Kuta 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
$375 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore
“Nice relaxing place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at this place for 5D4N with my wife and baby in early June...

The hotel staff greeted us as we reached Bali airport... Helped us with our luggage as we took the villa car to the villa... the journey was 30 min or so...

At first glance, this villa is beautiful and well-maintained... the trees and flowers are all blooming... can understand why as we often see their staff pruning and maintaining them... our villa was great! Nice swimming pool just beside the villa itself... they were nice to help put up fence around the pool for child safety reasons... :) the staff at the villa are also well mannered and helpful... often able to provide good advice on where to go and what to eat. They also helped with all our restaurant bookings and provided ferry service to all the places that we wanted to go... As for the food at the villa, they were great too. Breakfast was provided daily and they also included a share for my baby... Their staff were also timely to come into the villa to cook for us. Good food. Especially the western type breakfast... The location of the villa was pretty strategic too... very near Seminyak Square and beside the Oberoi shopping street where there are full of restaurants and shops... I also did a spa at the villa... their staff came by and did some massage for me... it was generally good. Quite relaxing...

The only slight downside is that for one reason or other, the air con in the villa is not cold... I suspect that they have been overworked as a result of occupants not closing their doors and that the weather was really hot... (actually, all the air conditioners in Bali don't seem to work very well!) One other thing that I did notice was that while their chefs cook well and their waiters/waitresses are good in their service, they handle food using their bare hands... noticed it a few times when I saw them adjust the food on my plate using their hands... Hmmm...

Overall a great experience although I must say that it is also pretty pricey... But certainly worthwhile if you would like to let your hair down a bit and relax... :)

Room Tip: Could possibly request for an additional fan(s) to help bring down the temperature of hot Bali!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear “alwayz83”

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your very comprehensive review at tripadvisor.com. I am pleased to find that you enjoyed your stay at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA which has been very relaxing and that the villa was amazingly beautiful and very well-maintained. I am also very happy to find that you were very well-taken care of by our team of dedicated staff who were always ready to help and made you feel welcomed. We highly appreciate your suggestions and feedbacks on some issues which we will immediately address. Once again thank you very much and we all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Happy days,

Corporate General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I, and our two sons and my mother stayed at the villa for two nights in the beginning of June. And what a wonderful stay it was! My only regret was that we divided our time in Bali between Ulin villas and a five-star in Nusa Dua. We should have stayed here all the while!!

Much has already been said in reviews why this is a special little place, managed very well. I will just jot down the points that come to the top of my mind.

* Great location. Just a few steps off the main street which has restaurants and shops. Central, yet private. And the beach was only 10 minutes away, and that too, the front desk offered to drop us there because we were short of time that day.

* Staff would go out of the way to make sure all our requirements were met. The entire set-up seems to be geared to make sure that the guest carries a smile always :-)

* We had an in-villa barbecue dinner arranged as part of our package. And boy, what an experience it was! The villa was decorated before the barbecue. And then we were treated to a sumptuous meal fresh off the grill. Would recommend guests to opt for this. And if you do so, make sure you reserve a healthy appetite for that evening to do justice to the chef's efforts!

* Breakfast was enjoyable on both days, and more than we could eat. If we had stayed here for many days, I suspect I might have wanted more variety than the menu offered. But I am certain that there too, Ulin villas would not have fallen short and the chef would customise a bit if needed!

* It was a welcome surprise that not only drinking water, but other beverages and small eats that were provided in the villa were free of charge. We didn't have to cross-check before consuming stuff, as one would need to do in other hotels. That sure felt nice!

* This is the only place where I have been offered a departure drink!! We left with a good taste in more ways than one!

* It was a pleasure interacting with the General Manager Mr. Wayan over email when I was looking to make the booking, and when I met him at the villas. I suspect a lot of the warm hospitality flows down from there :-)

In summary, I would highly recommend Ulin Villas. Ask for any customisations that you need, and I am certain they would only be too willing to make you smile.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear “Rajnish_Sapra”

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your review. We were very happy to have you and your family staying with us and I am delighted to read that you have made the most of your holiday. Our aim is to deliver a truly memorable experience with a genuine care and personalized non-intrusive service, while at the same time strive to present the best value. I am personally happy to had the chance meeting you and your family upon your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Happy days,

Fremantle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My partner and I had the pleasure of being at Ulin Villas for 6 nights during May this year. Having never stayed at Ulin we were influenced by the excellent reports on Trip Advisor, however, still had the usual concerns staying at Villas we had never used before. Our previous experience in Bali is extensive, we have stayed at many other villas, hotels, time shares and have a high expectation. Simply, all expectations were met and we had a wonderful experience.

From our first interaction making enquiries of availability, to booking, were simply exceptional. Our arrival, even though at a late hour near midnight, was seamless with airport transfer found easily, reception and initial room arrival one of the best I had ever experienced. Gardens lit beautifully, candles lighting the pool, quick luggage arrival, room features explained and breakfast needs arranged promptly allowing us to retire.

Day to day experience with the staff was brilliant. Servicing of the rooms is almost unseen as it was mostly when we were out. Breakfast is prepared at your own villa every morning. Reception and their efforts in organisation of restaurant or other bookings on our behalf were flawless. The availability of vehicle transfer to anywhere necessary excellent. The access to Seminyak exceptional.

Bed was extremely comfortable and room and outside areas tastefully and appropriately furnished. The gardens were beautiful, the ambient noise of the area was very quiet and peaceful which was surprising considering how close we were to Jalan Laksmana. We almost never even heard our neighbouring villas. The pool was wonderful. The little Finches that flew in every day for a wash and groom a bonus.

It was simply one the best villa experience we have ever had in Bali and we have no hesitation in recommending Ulin Villas. It seemed that the staff could not help enough going beyond what we normally expect even organising a birthday cake, keeping it a surprise and delivering it with I believe all available staff to sing Happy Birthday.

Thank you to all the staff at Ulin for the wonderful experience from beginning to end. We will be returning.

Dear “FreeDuo”

I am very happy to note that your most recent stay with us was simply one of the best. From the beginning of your stay to the beautiful romantic setting of the villa, the brilliant service rendered by friendly staff members, the in villa breakfast, the small little touch and up to moment of your departure which were all together a totally indulging and stress free experience. We were honored that you have chosen us as a place to celebrate your birthday. Thank you very much for sharing your review and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary, staying at Ulin Villas. What a perfect location to stroll down to the shops, restaurants, galleries and cafes of Seminyak. We were picked up from the airport with cool drinks and cool towels. Our villa was quiet, completely private and beautifully appointed, and the air conditioning kept us cool. Just loved the outdoor bathing experience. The gardens were immaculately presented and maintained. A driver dropped us anywhere we wished to go, never a problem. The spa is worth a visit! Thank you for our welcome massages. We used the push bikes when walking did not suit. A golf buggy will drop and pick you up if your villa is at the end of the path. We felt secure at night, there was night security and your front gatehouse can be locked. Nothing was too much for the staff. Thank you for the extra touches throughout out stay. We would love to bring our children back, into the two bedroom villa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “DestinationsTBA”

Thank you very much for have chosen THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA, a preffered place for you to stay for a very precious moment, your “10th wedding anniversary”. I am happy to read that you totally enjoy our perfect location, the seamless friendly service, the extra touches, the beautiful villa which was very private and well appointed. I am also delighted to hear that our staff members went beyond their way to ensure your stay perfect and divine. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you again on your future Bali visit.

Warmest regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My fiance and I enjoyed a lovely 6 night stay in Ulin - and didn't want to leave! Very private villas with good-sized pools and gardens. Comfortable beds and well appointed rooms. Clean, well air-conned and no bugs. Outdoor bathroom conducive to romantic baths. Pure heaven!

And all this peacefulness located in central Seminyak moments from bars, restaurants, clubs and the beach!

Dear “Londoner1897”

I am very happy to read how much you love your most recent stay with us which was a pure haven to you. Our location is indeed perfect, very close to all the hips while at the same time amazingly peaceful when you are inside of your villa. The private pool is a jewel and the open space is truly dedicated to help our guest to experience the true luxury of tropical living. We are excited and can not wait to welcoming you again on your next Bali holiday.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great little boutique hotel off the main strip in Seminyak. We travelled with a 3 year old and stayed in a pool villa. An extra bed was placed in the living room and that worked well for us.

Service is excellent and the staff arrive each morning at your villa to cook a fresh breakfast for you. There is plenty of variety to stop you getting bored. The room service menu is good however back out on the main strip there are many restaurant options for lunch and dinner. All of them offer a take out service (and some deliver).

I'll stay here again the next time I'm back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear “Raymetro”

Thank you very much for sharing your review at tripadvsior.com. THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA is crafted to offer everything our guest would possible expect from a luxury boutique villa, for you to relax and enjoy the personalized service that genuinely Bali. I am very happy to hear that you and your family (also your little one) enjoyed the every moment of your stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you again on your upcoming holiday in Bali.

Warmest regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was the second time that we stayed in the Ulin Villas. We really loved it the first time, and decided to go back to Seminyak for a long weekend, just to relax around the Ulin Villas. We had done most of the sightseeing on previous trips, so we spent most of our time in and around the villa.

We had a one bedroom villa, and the pool is really quite large in comparison to other villas. It is so nice to just jump in the pool for a couple of minutes. The indoor/ outdoor bathroom is accessible from the garden, which is really handy. The villas guarantee absolute privacy (nobody can look onto the grounds), and they are surprisingly silent: you are only a couple of hundred meters from the main road, but you can't hear anything.

The staff went out of their way to meet our requests: we had airport pick up and drop off, several drop offs in the Seminyak area etc. We were allowed a late checkout, and they even did the rooms on our checkout date.

Housekeeping must have been waiting around the corner because even if we only left the room for a short time everything would be cleaned up when we returned.

We had several spa treatments in the little pavilion at the villa (so much nicer in open air than in closed spa rooms), and we also had a mixed BBQ in the villa one night. The eating area was specially decorated for the BBQ, the food was delicious and it was all very romantic.

The room rate also includes breakfast delivered and / or cooked in your villa, complementary mini bar and daily afternoon tea.

Not really cheap but well worth the money!

Room Tip: We had villa #1 the first time and could hear the telephone at the reception whenever it rang. This...
Dear “karoh h”

We were all very happy to have you staying on your second visit with us which was again another amazing holiday and wonderfully relaxing experience. The One Bedroom Villa offer great privacy, one of the largest private garden of it kind in Seminyak. We glad to know that you love our housekeeping service where we keep the cleaning service not to disturb our guest and as much as possible to be carried out while our guests are out of their villa. Within our team members it is called “magic service”. The in villa BBQ and the in villa spa are indeed a great treat, I am happy to read that you enjoyed them very much. Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We all look forward to share the beautiful tropical Bali again with you.

Cheers,

Corporate General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Been to The Ulin Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!