Three couples stayed at Ulin late Novermber 2012 in a three bedroom villa. It was our first visit to Bali, and for some of us, our first trip overseas. I found Ulin on Trip Advisor, and it has always rated very highly with great reviews which is why we picked it.
We were all very hot and stressed when we arrived at the airport, and all breathed a sigh of relief when we saw our driver Sudi with our name on a sign. Sudi was terrific, gave us cool towels, and got us quickly away from the crowds to the sanctuary of Ulin.
The welcome from all the staff was wonderful, they took us straight to our Villa which was like a cool and quiet oasis.
Throughout our entire stay, all the staff were very friendly and obliging - i would like to thank them all personally here - but there are so many names to mention!
The Villas were ideal - we wanted a quiet and relaxed setting - not the fake glitz. The location is about a minute walk to the main street of Seminyak, but in the Villa you could not hear any of the noise. Every day when we returned to the Villa, it was like coming home.
We spend most of the time relaxing in the (very clean and well maintained) pool and day-beds, And when it was time to sleep, the villas were all cool and quiet.
I have seen other reviews on here mentioning the hardness of the beds. Three of the six of us founds the beds hard for the first few days, but the rest found them ideal. I think its a personal choice.
The daily breakfast cooked in-Villa was a great way to fill-up before the heat of the day. A good range of choices - we all found that breakfast kept us going all day.
The in-Villa banquet was amazing, and easily a highlight. The villa was decorated by a team of staff, and the food was sumptuous. We chose to banquet on our last night, and it made for a memorable conclusion to the whole stay.
The villa staff assisted us greatly with travel advice, bookings, recommendations, and were happy to oblige any request - even though we didn't really need to ask for anything.
The location is great. Seminyak shops at the doorstep, close to Jl Sunset so travel to and from was quick, and lots of restaurants within an easy walk.
I'm sure i could keep commenting for ages about Ulin, and it would all be singing it's praises. Don't just take my word for it - all the reviews here are the same as ours. I think if you want to stay somewhere that epitomises Bali, is quiet, honestly luxurious without being arrogant, and very stress-free, then you have to stay at Ulin. We can't wait to get back there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an intimate award-winning boutique villa experience in the heart of Seminyak, Bali’s most fashionable destination to dine, drink and dance. The Ulin Villas and Spa is steps away to an array of most sought-after restaurants, chic boutiques, funky shops and within walking distance from the white sand beach for which the island of Bali is famed. It’s a tropical retreat that invites seasoned travelers to experience each day as it slowly evolves. Offering luxury living space, cutting-edge Balinese design and modern comforts, all villas feature private swimming pool, designer kitchen, en-suite bathroom, pool-side dining area, your very own tropical garden and most everything you would possibly expect. The Ulin Villas and Spa is created for you to stay in, chill out and relax. Experience an impeccable sincere service that everybody have been talking about. Create your own love story and make the most of this magical island has to offer. From the soft whisper of morning breeze, to the tropical noonday sun and topping it off with a romantic rendezvous beneath a star studded night sky – at The Ulin Villas and Spa, you would never fail to fall in love.We actively involve and proudly support “Bali Caring Community” a Bali based non-profit organization initiated by a group of hoteliers to bolster the Balinese unfortunates.The Ulin Villas and Spa has also been a proud sponsor of the “Comedy for Cancer Fundraiser” since 2007. “Comedy for Cancer” is a charity initiative to support the work of ANZGOG (The Australia and New Zealand Gynecological Oncology Group) for ovarian cancer research. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Ulin Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ulin Villas And Spa
- The Ulin Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Ulin Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak