“Great Value for Money - highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   JL Camplung Tanduk 66, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #28 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Great Value for Money - highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed in the Breezes in July/Aug. This was my ninth trip to Bali (2nd this year) and this was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in, particularly for the money.
Most rooms have a great view of the pool, are quite a good size and are clean. Drawback was that our twin share room had very small single beds (although our other friends had king singles in their room) and that they short sheet the beds leaving the mattress bare as the sheets are too short on the singles. I assume this doesn't happen with the king beds in the double rooms. Pillows are also a bit flat. The bathrooms appear to have been renovated, but still have old flooring and old toilet/sinks and there was some leakage from the sink. Pretty clean, although there was some mould (which is not uncommon in Bali!) Overall, rooms were great.
I can't agree with the other guests on breakfast. The omelettes are good, but the other hot foods are often cold and there is not as good a selection as at other hotels where I have stayed. (But there are now 3 toasters!) Service is excellent though and the staff are fabulous, especially Dewi.
Particularly good is the dayspa - it is beautifully decorated and much better than I thought we would get for a 4 star and about $20AUD for a massage. It looked like it would have been at home at the Four Seasons!
Location was great, halfway between the main centres of Legian and Seminyak and the shopping and food is excellent in the surrounding areas.
We found a great driver out the front called Lolot - if you ask the drivers out the front of the hotel across the street you should find him.
The drawbacks menioned above were all very minor though and I would happily stay in this hotel again. The staff are all lovely and the rooms are quite quiet, unlike other resorts. I hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

From the moment we arrived with a complimentary fruit juice, cold towel and flower in our ears we knew we were in paradise. The rooms were of an appropriate size and were clean and had a balcony with a nice view of the pool (which is great (sorry for the parentheses)). The staff were very friendly and ran activities like trivia and karaoke. Would definitely come back and we recommend it highly!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I am a 22 year old girl and I went with my mum, we absolutely loved it there! the staff knew guests by their first names which we were so impressed with, they were so friendly and helpful with any enquiry we had. The pool is beautiful, as are the surrounding tropical gardens which are so well maintained! The resort has different activities you can participate in that are listed on a activity sheet you can grab from the lobby! (great if you take younger children) Breakfast each morning was very impressive with a huge variety of hot and cold food to choose from, it was delicious and this was my favourite meal of the day 
The rooms were a perfect size for the 2 of us, and our rooms were cleaned twice daily
Sometimes and each night the mosquito nets were placed over the beds and sheets pulled back ready for us on our return from dinner. The location is perfect, restaurants across the road Benny’s I recommend, our favourite was the Lucky Day restaurant about 150m to the right when you leave the resort! 100m walk to beach and 10min taxi ride from Kuta which will cost roughly $2 aus.(Recommend Blue bird taxis as some other companies may rip you off as we found on our first day being charged $25). Seminyak itself had great shopping also! The day spa at the resort was lovely!! Recommend the 60min full body massage- delightful. I am already planning my next visit back to Bali, and I will be staying again at the Breezes as the staff and place itself made our stay a great experience!
- Shell

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

The Breezes has 5 star facilities and staff, but our room was definatley a 3 star, despite recent renovations. The level of attentiveness by the staff was almost overwhelming and I do not doubt that our good time was first and foremost on thier minds. However, we did strike it pretty unlucky with our room. First the electronic door lock broke leaving us locked outside on our 2nd night until almost 10.30pm. Then the day after, our air conditioner broke and flooded our room, leaving us locked out again whilst they tracked down a technician. Apart from that, it was an amazing two weeks. The Breezes big secret is the activities they run, and they have amazing prizes. They have Bintang Bingo in the wet bar most afternoons ( where you can win free beer and cocktails - and it is absolutley hilarious!), and on their trivia nights, I won a free bungee jump, and free surfing lessons with the Quiksilver Surfing Academy on Kuta Beach. I do have to confess I swapped both for a free massage at their amazing Spa complex . Despite the room dramas, my hubby and I would definately stay there again.... Oh, and if you change your money at the resort desk, count it carefully before you leave. The girls especially seem to have a hard time counting Rupiah correctly........

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Far North Coast, NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I like the fact that they spray the rooms each night form mosquitoes and the resort was also sprayed during the week.
Staff very friendly. Breakfast was great.
Location good - small supermarket just up the road, can exchange money there.....Internet Cafe just a bit further along (on bend in road) - very clean!! And we had a massage every day at the same place....a small green shop just near the Internet Cafe, beside a DVD shop. Very handy.
Air-con and shower both leaked in our room. Reported both so hopefully Air-con fixed, but to fix shower would be a major job, and for a week you can put up with it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

From the moment we checked in the friendly staff at the Breezes made us feel welcome. The rooms were nice, clean but a little smaller than other hotels I have stayed at in Bali but adequate. Our room was situated on the 3rd floor and there is no elevator - only steps! The hotel is approx 100 metres from the beach and a trip by taxi to Kuta Square would cost approx 30,000Rp.(Approx AUS$4). The pool bar/pool areas are really nice and clean also and facilities are suitable for all ages. The hotel is possibly not used to being fully booked as the breakfast area was too crowded and some of the facilities not adequate ie one toaster! However I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
mandurah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Have stayed at many hotels in many countries however would have to reccomend the Breezes strongly as having the friendliest helpful staff ever encountered. My husband and I stayed there with our 15yr old daughter and her friend and thoroughly enjoyed all the activities which helped guests mingle and added to the friendly feel of the place. Pool was beautiful, spa very professionally run rooms were clean and had turn-down service. Plenty to do within the resort close to beach and resteraunts and easy to get anywhere.

• Liked — Every room faced the pool
  • Disliked — mosquitoe net around bed kept annoying husband lol
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!