“A wonderful place to rest and relax” 4 of 5 stars

The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   JL Camplung Tanduk 66, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #27 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney
“A wonderful place to rest and relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

After finding an accommodation deal through Flight Centre, we booked a pool view room for 6 nights. We were a bit disappointed that the travel agent couldn't confirm the availability of a King Bed and, when we arrived we voiced our request to the person at the reception desk, we were shown to a double room with a very limited pool view. Nonetheless, we were excited to be there since the pool was lovely and the entire place felt very tranquil.

After some time by the pool and exploring the neighborhood a bit, we came back and were doubly disappointed to learn that the shower wasn't working properly and decided that we'd speak to a manager in the morning. We were pleased that without any questions, we were told that they could move us to another room and, within minutes, someone came to help with our bags and show us to our new room - a King room with a prime location by the pool and bar.

Save for the shower problem, both rooms that we saw were beautifully appointed with gorgeous duvets, comfortable beds and amazing pillows. The turn-down service each night was appreciated and it helped that they sprayed for mozzies and let down the mozzie nets - we slept comfortably the entire time we were there.

The breakfast buffet had enough options but became a bit tired after a few days of having similar things each morning. Nonetheless, it was included in the price so no complaints.

While the internet service at the hotel was a bit expensive, we were pleased that they offered us a discount on our multi-day rental of a DVD player so that we could enjoy some movies in the room during a couple of rainy spells (and in the evenings).

If you are looking for a place to rest and relax, this is it...however, if you are after nightlife, I'd advise that this is quite far from anywhere that seemed to be busy and that the on-site Buddha Bar (which is beautiful) was completely empty the entire time we were there. Of course, it was low season so perhaps in high season there would be more people.

In any case, I'd have no hesitation to recommend Breezes Bali and I look forward to returning there again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Indonesian first
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Stayed At Breezes in May 2009, this was my 3rd trip to Bali.
The room was similar to a standard 2 or 3 star in W.A. certainly nothing special about it.
One thing I noticed immediately while being shown to my ground floor room was a smell of sewerage. On the first day I had trouble with the plumbing - when I took a shower, water bubbled up out of the floor drain and flooded my bathroom. After complaining and having workers in to fix it, it happened again the next day!
I got moved to a different room and that had no plumbing problems. However I spoke to another guest who was on the ground floor and she had the same problem.
Food at the resort restaurant was overpriced.
The pool was lovely and the drinks at the pool bar were reasonably priced.
The area Seminyak did not impress me much at all, basically it seems like just an extension of Kuta so i might as well have stayed at Kuta and been closer to the main shops and clubs.
My rating for Breezes: 2 stars and I will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

Breezes reopened last December after being closed for a month for renovations, being the former Contiki Resort. Nearly all the rooms are poolview and ours was on the ground floor, so we could walk straight out the door to the pool. The standard rooms are cheaper, but are on the corners of the buildings with no outlook at all, so avoid those.

The tiered 4 level pool meanders around the building, with a swim up bar at one end, and a sandy beach at the other end. The pool towels are snowy white, huge and look brand new. Several hammocks are strung lazily between trees for relaxation. There is a large gym with quite a few machines. The lobby has a very comfortable reading area off to one side, furnished with antiques, and supplied with daily newspapers.

My favorite place was the brand new Spa, where a 1 hour massage cost me about $AUD20, so I was there nearly every day.

The buffet breakfast was typical for a Balinese hotel, with a good selection, and I loved the pineapple pancakes. I thought the staff should have come around with the coffee pot, but is was self service only, still the coffee was good.

Our king bed had a canopy and was very comfortable, The rooms are not very large, and I think a triple share would be too crowded. The room was made up promptly and efficiently every morning before we returned from breakfast, and they even washed the floor every day. The bathrooms have large rainhead showers, which I don't like much, as it is hard to keep my hair dry.

There is a supermarket next door, selling anything you might want from beers and snacks to souvenirs and photo development, and if you walk up to the main road, you can go to the large Bintang Supermarket. There are so many good restaurants in the area now. Lemongrass Thai was nearby, as was Rio Steakhouse ans Made's Warung.
The street is quiet during the day but at night there are quite a few ladyboy bars open.
There was no construction noise during my stay, but I believe there is now a bit of work going on at the back.

I would be happy to stay at Breezes again, as I think it is great value for money

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Healesville Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Great place, great location, afordable, fantastic swimming pool, the staff were all very friendly and helpful, they had great activites all day at the hotel, Breaky was good, order an omelette cooked to your perfection. Had a great, first time in Bali.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!