“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 101 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Just spent six nights at The Breezes, and would have to say the best hotel I have stayed in, in Bali. The hotel is clean with the rooms being bright, airy and very comfortable. We had three girls in our room, and although it looked a bit trashed with all our stuff, we were certainly comfortable. The restaurant had good value meals, with room service available at all times of the day. The room service menu is more western but if you pop down to the restaurant you can choose something from their more extensive menu and they will bring it to your room. Breakfast was more than enough providing fresh fruits, cereals, breads, pastries and the usual western fried foods. The pool bar was never noisy. It closes at 10am and then they clean the pool, so you wouldnt be able to have a party in the pool after 10am. The pool near the restaurant area would be great for kids as there is sand with a large shallow area and a grassy area next to it to play on. The prices for drinks at the pool bar were average. IDR 47000 for a bingtang and about IDR90000 for a cocktail, depending on the time of day. Happy Hour cocktails were from 4pm onwards. Location wise, you couldnt ask for better. Only a short walk away from the beach, a supermarket right next door, a couple of good shops just up the road and if you hopped on a bike then even quicker to the beach bars. Gado Gado is just down the road on the beach. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We used one of their drivers to take us to the Rock Bar. Their price was cheaper than out on the road. But as we had a miserable experience there he took us to a locals beach on Jimbaran Bay and it was lovely. A great time had by all. There was a wide variety of guests staying at the Breezes, from young couples to families, and older guests. Everyone was very happy, friendly and really enjoying themselves. They are changing their room types, so the ground floor rooms will be called Deluxe and the rest superior. They have now got some Junior Suite rooms which are absolutely amazing but a bit over prices I thought. About $350 per night. The spa was very good and was frequented by many who agreed it was great, and the decor is to die for. All of the ground floor rooms have their own sun lounges so no need to "grab or bags" one for the day, and plus you dont have to drag everything down to the pool, it just stays in your room. They do have some fun entertainment around the pool such as bingo, trivia so if you were feeling a little left out, then you can join in on the fun. We all felt so relaxed and comfortable at The Breezes that all our plans of going here and there went out the window, as we were content to just kick back and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ground floor Deluxe on either pools
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed at the Breezes a couple of weeks ago.

The resort was gorgeous (so I thought anyway) and the staff were always smiling and very welcoming. Everyday walking down to breakfast we would be greeted by all the staff we passed. One guy even treated me like a friend he hadn't seen in a while which was funny but I enjoyed it.

Someone complained about the laundry service being expensive but then just down the road is somewhere you can get it done for much, much cheaper. Hotels I thought will always charge a lot for laundry, it's just what they do. Someone else on here complained about noisy Australians. I am an Australian but I do have respect unlike some when they're on holidays and yes, our neighbours in the next room were out on their balcony until late at night and room service did wake me up when they knocked on the neighbour's door for a good 10 minutes advising them that their food had arrived at around midnight / 1am. I think the room service should have just knocked three times and then left their food at the door but never mind. It was only one night. The neighbours before them were good and I probably could have said something or called up concierge to get them to quieten down.

Yes the pillows are very soft but all you have to do is make a phone call to concierge and they'll bring you up a more firmer pillow.

The pool shuts at about 10pm each evening for cleaning so you don't get people in the pool partying on late at night which is good.

All in all I was fairly happy with this hotel and would stay again. I am sorry that some people have experienced the complete opposite.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor facing the pool. Air con was perfect but then our friends had trouble with...
Byron Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

my husband and i stayed for a week and the resort was great! it was our first visit to bali and we couldnt have asked for more. the rooms were nice, brekky was awsome and we loved the pool bar! the resort is so easy to organise tours through and its next door to the grocery store plus a two minute walk to the beach and 5 minutes to all the shops. we joined in the volleyball comp and watched the bingo, log wrestle and trivia and it really gave everyone a fun chance to meet new people. the staff were SO happy and helpful and nothing wa sever to much trouble. we cant wait to have our next stay and bring along the kids :)

Room Tip: when we go back we will book a pool access room! they look great and you have your own private pool...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Highly recommend. Incredibly friendly staff, morning yoga sessions were fantastic, many options at the breakfast buffet, great room service!

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Average hotel, stayed for a week in December. The first day we arrived the whole hotel was shut down for the staff party. I'm fine with them celebrating. But it ment no pool bar, no restaurant, no room service.. Just 2 people on reception. There was no one to show us to our room and it felt a little like no one cared.

The quality of the rooms was very average. There was mould on the walls and ceiling. Old furniture and we even had dirty sheets put on our bed on a few separate locations. Air con didn't work.

Menu was average and breakfasts didn't have much to offer. No healthy options, except for the few peices of fruit. You even had to pay extra for a "special order" coffee: latte, cap etc... I travel for work once a week and breezers has been one of the very few hotels to do this.

The best bit about the hotel was the location and one of the hotels drivers, to whomb I still keep in contact with.

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Staying in the Breezes for 7 nights was the most amazing experience. I'm 17 and stayed with parents, I have never felt so safe before. I could walk around by myself and have a ball! The staff were very helpful and beautiful people. I loved walking around and the staff would say hi and know my name! Bingo every night at 6.00 was so much fun, and something I looked forward to doing every night! A massive thankyou to Yogie and Sinyo for their outstanding service and the fun they brought to my stay. Deffinetly coming back in the near future, I miss the Breezes a lot!

• Stayed January 2012
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The staff make your stay at the hotel so easy and really make sure you have a great time, especially Nelly, who gets to know all the guests names and came and saw us every day by the pool. Beautiful pool, swim up bar and staff. :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!