“Paradise Revisited !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Samaya Bali

You added The Samaya Bali to your Saves list
The Samaya Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Laksmana | Seminyak Beach, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SPA, DINNER & MANY MORE!!
Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Seminyak
Townsville, Australia
“Paradise Revisited !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Samaya for about sixth time recently and it's always just like coming home , well if you're lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful places on earth ...the villas are just exquisite ; spacious , luxurious and so comfortable . A private pool and garden makes you feel like you're the only people in the resort , and believe me , many days you really don't feel like even leaving your villa . You certainly don't have to , what with the all day , yes all day breakfast and complimentary afternoon tea, together with a room service menu featuring really reasonably priced items from classic Balinese fare to French inspired dishes , the burgers that everyone loves once in a while , and they even have a large range of vegan and vegetarian dishes for the health conscious .

As if this wasn't enough , I believe what makes this resort really special is the people . Led by the General Manager Ray Clark the warmth and genuine hospitality of everyone at Samaya is just awe inspiring . From the very first time we stayed there everyone and I mean everyone remembers your name , and uses it frequently . One of my favourite greetings here is - now, how can I help you today ? - meaning how can I make your day better , what can I organise for you etc etc . We stay in 5 star resorts and hotels frequently , and I've never heard this question asked in such a warm genuine way . And these people mean it ! Nothing is too small or large a request , from a restaurant booking to tracking down your favourite bottle of wine , or the perfect pair of shoes .
The Samaya Seminyak has simply never missed a beat for us , every stay is always better than the last and we can never wait to get back there , usually at least once every few months .
The restaurant which is literally beachfront is also one of the most romantic settings we have ever eaten in , and the food is to die for .
I should also mention that I have stayed here on my own and it is exactly the same experience ; I've never once felt uncomfortable as a solo guest in this haven of tranquility .
If you're quite simply looking for perfection in every aspect of your holiday , you will be surprised and delighted at every turn in this gem of a world class luxury resort .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I spent 8 days at the Samaya in Seminyak and it's been a very enjoyable experience.
I did the booking through the hotel's internet site and it's not been so simple and straightforward.
Although I selected the right dates in August, I was then informed when I inquired on the cancellation policy, that the rates were for the low season and August is the peak of high season. The matter required an intense exchange of mails with a very polite reservation clerk.
The difference was quite relevant, but decided to book anyway as the reviews on Tripadvisor were very encouraging.
We were picked up at the airport and had a smooth ride to the hotel.
The welcoming was very nice and we were soon taken to our villa after a refreshing drink.
The villa was located in the inland annex across the street, opposite to the seaside.
It had a nice garden, a nice swimming pool (small but bigger than other similar resorts I visited), a covered patio with two large sofas, with high walls ensuring privacy but also with lots of green to cover them.
The bedroom was large with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was very very nice.
We had a few problems at the beginning with internet. The connection was not stable and required a few calls to have it fixed. It took a good couple of days to have a stable connection and being able to log in automatically.
Also the TV broadcast was not so good and eventually it remained poor despite the technicians interventions.
The drain of the shower was covered by a layer of hair, and although I told the cleaning team of the water overflowing, I had to removed the clog myself when the overflowing water.
These were the only inconveniences. If this wouldn't have happen, the title of this review would be "Perfection".
The breakfast is wonderful. For those staying at the annex villas, the "Brasserie" is a convenient place to have breakfast. No view of the sea, but in the morning we had breakfast by the sea, the wind was quite intense. The "Brasserie" is offers a view of nice pool and a bit more sheltered position which turns the wind into a gentle breeze.
I liked the idea of being served at the table. I am so used to buffet breakfast that it took me a while to adjust. But at the end it was wonderful.
If you have breakfast (or dinner) at the "Brasserie" don't be in a hurry. The food is prepared in the kitchen by the main restaurant near the sea and it is brought over by buggies. Not a long wait... after all it's a vacation.
The waiters were very gentle, the portions abundant and having breakfast was a nice way to start the day.
We had dinner often at nearby restaurants and we were offered a ride by the hotel car for free. Nice!
The beach is very nice. With a long sand strip before the sea. The waves are constantly high. Be on watch if you have children.
We had dinner one evening at the restaurant by the sea and it was a nice experience. The food was very tasty, although the portions a bit small.
The swimming pool and the all area near the sea is very nice.
A little nice touch was the complimentary minibar and some little treats (fruits or cakes) left after the morning clean up of the room and the preparation for the night.
We were taken to the airport, again as a complimentary service.
I recommend this resort very warmly. The few inconveniences we had were definitely offset by the overall great quality.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Samaya for five nights recently to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. It was perfect - the villas are lovely and spacious with an amazing bathroom. The resort is so tranquil and the staff are really friendly and accommodating. The manager Ray creates an atmosphere which is both welcoming and professional, they really go out of their way to make you feel at home and enjoy a luxurious break. The resort is also ideally located for shopping and eating out? We will be back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This place is unreal. As soon as you step off the bustling street into the samaya you're in an oasis of peace. We started our honeymoon here, stayed an extra two nights as we loved it so much, and wish we could go back. We had a royal pavilion for the first four days which was the epitome of luxury. We then requested an extra two nights but had to move to a pool villa, but this was no hardship, these rooms are amazing too. Everything is spotless and you are in your own little secluded paradise.
Whilst the rooms are beyond brilliant it is the staff that set the Samaya apart. Everyone says a friendly hello, whenever you meet them, from the bin man to the pool cleaner. They all learn your names within a day or so and go out of their way to help you with anything you need. Look out for 'Mini', as she is just about as friendly and helpful a person as we have ever met.
You feel like the most important people in the world all the time at the samaya. It's amazing.
The restaurant and spa are also fantastic, and having afternoon tea as the sun is setting every day is something we really miss. A spectacular place.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My wife and i stayed at Samaya for 3 nights in early August. This is the fourth time back for us, and once at their sister property in Ubud, and the first since the villa rebuilds at the beach resort. We normally stay for a couple of weeks, but were short on time this trip.

Service and attention are excellent as always, led by Ray Clarke, the resort manager, who sets the bar high and leads by example. His team at the resort are incredibly professional and kind. They always seem to know who each guest is and most address you by name.

In our short time we utilized the Breezes restaurant for breakfast and dinner, and the spa for decadent attention. The food and staff at the restaurant are first class and they know how to make a good cocktail. Wine list is excellent with a good range to select from. The spa, as always, was great. The spa itself is incredibly relaxing space and the ladies do a fantastic job, making each visit a special occasion. Location of both these places, on the beachfront, makes the experience that much more memorable each time.

The new villas are significantly larger than the old versions, with everything you could want. We stayed in villa 111 which was a great location not far from the beach front. The quality and finish of the new builds is exemplary, and the private pools are much larger than previously.

The only slightly negative observations I'd have are 1. that the villas actually feel a bit too large and in my opinion have lost some of their previous intimacy (incredibly generous bedrooms and bathrooms) and the private pool is probably bigger than it needs to be, and 2. it was very noticeable to us that the resort now embraces families, including younger children. We've had children and grand children ourselves so it's not that we don't enjoy children, its just great to get away from younger folk from time to time, and one of the things that we used to like so much about this resort was always the lack of children, which made it more special for getting away from it all, and much more relaxing.

Despite these small niggles, Samaya continues to set a very high standard in a very competitive market in Seminyak and surrounds, and we look forward to getting back there again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were blown away by the sensational Bali Samaya resort. My husband and I were celebrating our honeymoon and were made to feel very special. The location is great - right on the beach and close to the heart of Seminyak. The staff were wonderful!! We had 24hour butler service with no additional charges - they were amazing! Our villa was beautiful and much more than we anticipated. The view from the BREEZE restaurant was to die for! Thank you Bali Samaya!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Another amazing property of Seminyak.

The villa, the pool, the private beach, are all good.
Celebrated my birthday over a simple (but amazing) dinner at Breeze restaurant.
Again, Samaya is extraordinary when it comes to the details. The details of the property as well as the services.

Sincere smiles from all staffs, always brighten our days.

Definitely, this is no choice in Seminyak. Way over others.

Room Tip: choose Samaya Bali.... not Samaya Courtyard. Courtyard is not by the beach