I spent 8 days at the Samaya in Seminyak and it's been a very enjoyable experience.
I did the booking through the hotel's internet site and it's not been so simple and straightforward.
Although I selected the right dates in August, I was then informed when I inquired on the cancellation policy, that the rates were for the low season and August is the peak of high season. The matter required an intense exchange of mails with a very polite reservation clerk.
The difference was quite relevant, but decided to book anyway as the reviews on Tripadvisor were very encouraging.
We were picked up at the airport and had a smooth ride to the hotel.
The welcoming was very nice and we were soon taken to our villa after a refreshing drink.
The villa was located in the inland annex across the street, opposite to the seaside.
It had a nice garden, a nice swimming pool (small but bigger than other similar resorts I visited), a covered patio with two large sofas, with high walls ensuring privacy but also with lots of green to cover them.
The bedroom was large with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was very very nice.
We had a few problems at the beginning with internet. The connection was not stable and required a few calls to have it fixed. It took a good couple of days to have a stable connection and being able to log in automatically.
Also the TV broadcast was not so good and eventually it remained poor despite the technicians interventions.
The drain of the shower was covered by a layer of hair, and although I told the cleaning team of the water overflowing, I had to removed the clog myself when the overflowing water.
These were the only inconveniences. If this wouldn't have happen, the title of this review would be "Perfection".
The breakfast is wonderful. For those staying at the annex villas, the "Brasserie" is a convenient place to have breakfast. No view of the sea, but in the morning we had breakfast by the sea, the wind was quite intense. The "Brasserie" is offers a view of nice pool and a bit more sheltered position which turns the wind into a gentle breeze.
I liked the idea of being served at the table. I am so used to buffet breakfast that it took me a while to adjust. But at the end it was wonderful.
If you have breakfast (or dinner) at the "Brasserie" don't be in a hurry. The food is prepared in the kitchen by the main restaurant near the sea and it is brought over by buggies. Not a long wait... after all it's a vacation.
The waiters were very gentle, the portions abundant and having breakfast was a nice way to start the day.
We had dinner often at nearby restaurants and we were offered a ride by the hotel car for free. Nice!
The beach is very nice. With a long sand strip before the sea. The waves are constantly high. Be on watch if you have children.
We had dinner one evening at the restaurant by the sea and it was a nice experience. The food was very tasty, although the portions a bit small.
The swimming pool and the all area near the sea is very nice.
A little nice touch was the complimentary minibar and some little treats (fruits or cakes) left after the morning clean up of the room and the preparation for the night.
We were taken to the airport, again as a complimentary service.
I recommend this resort very warmly. The few inconveniences we had were definitely offset by the overall great quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Escapio and Priceline so you can book your The Samaya Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak