“Perfect End to Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Samaya Bali

Save Saved
You added The Samaya Bali to your Saves list
The Samaya Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Laksmana | Seminyak Beach, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1 Hour Massage and More!!
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Seminyak
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect End to Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We moved here from another hotel for our last night in Bali and we were fortunate enough to be upgraded to their Royal Pavillion by the pool area adjacent to the beach. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. Their manager Ray was fantastic, he personally showed us around and we instantly felt relieved after our ordeal at our previous hotel. The Pavilion was amazing, the biggest bathroom I have ever seen with Jacuzzi bath, large bedroom and lounge area and big private pool with hot tub (although was a little too hot to get into). The room was very clean and we were given champagne on arrival and lots of other honeymoon welcome treats such as flowers in bath and a large chocolate cake!

The hotel has a fantastic location, right in Seminyak near all of the life and activity and some great restaurants and bars. It is still a boutique hotel so doesn't feel huge like some of the nearby big hotels so you're given a real personal service. The complimentary afternoon tea is a real treat and we watched the sunset over the beach which was amazing.

Our only regret is that we didn't book here from the beginning so if and when we do go back to Bali we would definitely stay at The Samaya. Thanks to Ray and his team for everything.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

During our stay in bali we stayed everywhere from a 50 dollar night bungalow to staying here during our last night. I must say this is def pricey and a different crowd. If you like staying at expensive 5 star hotels that offer great service this is the place for you. The property is beautiful and has a great pool and overlooks the beach. Our rooms were very nice. My favorite was the bathroom. Had two huge spacious bathrooms..one outside and one inside. Had a nice jacuzzzi style bathtub. We stayed on the beach side and had our own private pool which was nice. Had a nice afternoon tea and snack selections. Def wish we would have stayed longer to be able to relax because the staff at the pool is very attentive with very nice relaxing chairs. We ate at the restaurant breeze. The atmosphere and service was excellent but the food was just okay. I also had a massage at the spa. The spa was beautiful. Try and spend some time and relax there. They had my favorite tea at the spa...a cinnamon, ginger, and lemongrass tea..yum.

Hotel is very nice and pretty. Service is great! nice stay

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed for the third time. April 2014. Accomodation was a Pool Villa. We were again delighted to stay at The Samaya, in short: Operational Excellence, Highest Quality Standards, Superb service, Great location and very well kept grounds, Staff is very professional, cordially, friendly and will "go the extra mile". The same applies to the restauarant Breezes. Absolutely number 1 in Seminyak. We will be back !

Room Tip: Pool Villa's are located extremely well.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 10 nights here from mid-end June for our honeymoon and we could not have picked a more perfect destination and resort. Firstly before our stay I contacted the hotel regarding a severe allergy that I have to sesame. I received a prompt response from the manager Ray who assured me that he would notify the relevant staff ready for our stay. When we arrived not only were all of the staff aware of my condition a translation card had also been prepared for me to carry with me outside of the resort - this was a great help and put us both at ease knowing we could eat anywhere without the worry of people not understanding (although in actual fact The Breeze restaurants food was outstanding and we did not venture outside for food at all).

The grounds are stunning, the villas impeccably clean and provide all of the necessities (and more) but it is the staff that make the Samaya experience so truly unique. Each of the staff greet you by name whether they are serving you in the restaurant or just passing you by, no request is too big and you are made to feel right at home (if home was heaven).

I must give a special mention to the wonderful Anna and Hardi who work at Breeze as they were by far the most attentive wait staff we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. And also a huge thank you to Ray for ensuring our stay was all we could dream of and more. Thank you all!

• Stayed June 2014
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Firstly I want to say that I am writing this review about 6 weeks after returning from our family holiday in Bali and we stayed in 4 different hotels/locations so I am making comparison points. I was very excited to arrive at The Samaya after reading so many fabulous reviews and at times the experience lived up to my expectations and yet mostly I felt let down by the room choice. Let's not be overly picky but check in was mediocre, difficult to ascertain which building was for check in and nobody came to assist with luggage until I wandered in asking for reception. I was travelling as a family of 5 and booked 2 Royal Courtyard Rooms and was told upon check in that we had been upgraded to the 2 bedroom Royal Courtyard Villa. From what I can see these rooms must be the oldest room category in the complex and despite being spacious the decor was rather functional and definitely in need of refurbishment. I'm not sure how this is an upgrade as it seemed that we were just given 2 Royal Courtyard Villas in the same walled area and only one pool instead of 2, however it suited us to be closer to the children. It's not that we minded being in the complex across the road from the main hotel but the rooms themselves, including the bathroom just lacked style and attention to detail. I know I'm being picky here but why are the bathroom amenities differently branded, Ferragamo shampoo and Crabtree and Evelyn Conditioner. It's that level of detail which I find unimpressive.

Everything else was exemplary, staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming to our children aged 9, 14 and 16. Breakfasts were our favourite of all the 4 hotels and the idea to make breakfast available at anytime is a great. We also enjoyed our dinner at Breeze however in truth we preferred the fabulous restaurant across the road called URCHIN. We enjoyed the spa and the kids also had massages which were well priced for this category of hotel. Buggy services were always reliable and again very friendly. The stand out point is the location, lovely beachfront and pool area and the hotel just feels spacious and boutique as I prefer this type of accomodation to large chain hotels.

There were so many impressive points however I still come back to the point that our room was four star at best and a disappointment. On that note I am not sure we will return, but if we do then I will be certain to ask for something different. Perhaps we were just unlucky since most of the reviews reflect a better experience.

Room Tip: If you are looking for some WOW factor then make sure you ask for a renovated room. The Royal Courty...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Samaya Bali was a wonderful experience from start to finish.

The villas are exceptional, peaceful, relaxing & beautifully appointed throughout... I was seriously tempted not to venture out at all.
I am glad i did otherwise then i wouldn't have experienced the lovely atmosphere of the beach front resort right in the midst of the fun filled Seminyak Beach.
The staff are friendly and accommodating & service 5 star.
Had an amazing trip... cannot wait to return !

Room Tip: Choose a villa that opens out to the pool & beach area for convenient access to all amenities...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Penarth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Having stayed at the sister hotel in Ubud, our expectations here were equally high and we were not disappointed. From the moment of being personally greeted by Ray the Hotel Manager and his vast team to the sad point of leaving, the quality of care and attention throughout our stay was exemplary. The villas are of an extraordinary high quality , designed and planned with an eye for detail. The location cannot be better with views over a vast ocean and beautifully clean private beach. The dining experience from breakfast, lunch and dinner was excellent.
We have travelled far and wide in some wonderful hotels - we can truly say that both the Samaya in Ubud and Seminyak are most definitely amongst the best. In all honesty, what will stay with us is the frienldyness and care of all the Balinese staff - extraordinary in every way. Thank you

Room Tip: all rooms are equally private and of a very high standard
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Samaya Bali? Share your experiences!