Incredibly impressive resort, starting from the airport transfer. We stepped off the plane, walked about 10 metres and saw the Samaya steward waiting for us. We followed him through immigration (where we didn't have to wait in any lines, and by-passed even the pilots and air hostess exit - he took care of everything just flashing our passports a couple of times) and to get out luggage and emerged in the area where all the other Hotel stewards were waiting for their guests. We walked right past them to some type of "back" exit where we were escorted into a privately chauffered, ,air conditioned Samaya vehicle. All up we spent about 10 minutes between getting off the plane and getting into the Samaya car. Amazing given we were one of the last off the plane and most people were waiting for ages in the immigration line as multiple planes arrived at the same time! We felt like celebrities!
After a short ride we arrived at the Samaya and were greeted by a yummy refreshing "Samaya" juice and cold hand towels. I can't remember the fellow's name who met us but he did a great job explaining the resort and surrounds. We arrived at 8am and check - in is at 2pm so we were a bit worried but amazingly, they took us to sit at the beach for maybe 20 mins, and then led us to our villa which was ready 5 hours early! We were so happy as we were pretty tired from the flight and just wanted to relax in privacy.
The villa itself was HUGE and impeccably clean (and I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness). The bathroom was incredible - double shower which opens up to the courtyard and onto the pool and timber decking on the floor, separate toilet, double vanities, large jacuzzi with TV in front and luxury toiletries. The bed was some kind of super king. My boyfriend is 6,5" and normally his feet hang off the end of a king whereas here his toes couldn't even reach the end of the bed when he tried. Super comfy too.
We woke up pretty late each day and loved the fact that you could order breakfast at any time (sometimes we were ordering it at 1pm!) and that you could order as much as you liked! My boyfriend would order 3 breakfasts while I stuck to one, plus fresh coffee (as good as any cafe in Perth), freshly squeezed juices and food which outshone a lot of other resorts I've been to in Asia as they try to make it taste "western" but it always just ends up tasting bland.
We stayed in a Royal Courtyard Villa (booked really late and all beach front villas were booked out) and didn't mind the shuttle to and from the main area at all. The shuttle was usually there waiting for us about 60 seconds after we called it (most of the time we weren't even ready yet and they had to wait for us!). Even though you are in the heart of Seminyak, we never heard anyone around us and may as well have been somewhere extremely secluded. We hired a scooter to zoom around in and they didn't mind at all, just made us park a little car park area before the entrance to the villas which is good so as not to disturb the other guests.
Service at the pool/beach was faultless and we had a degustation dinner at the Samaya restaurant which was lovely and better than the other top tier restaurants we went to during our stay. The only downfall was that we wanted to have a wine pairing with our degustation but the waiter told us he didn't know enough to explain the wines and the manager who was normally there was away, so we decided just to get a bottle as the enjoyable part of wine pairing is having someone explain how each wine matches each course. A great touch was that they let us bring 2 bottles of Bollinger which we had bought duty free down to the bar & restaurant with us, rather than making us buy them off the menu! I thought this was fantastic as most places have all kinds of "rules" about "BYO" and the butler even went to get the second bottle from our villa for us after we'd finished our first!
All in all, a wonderful experience. Expensive but worth every cent. A bit of constructive criticism I have is that the manager Ray Clark did not welcome us, or speak to us during our stay or say goodbye but we saw him speaking to/socialising with a lot of other guests. I appreciate he probably can't talk to every guest but it would certainly have made us feel a bit more special. The other thing was while the spa massage was great, when I asked them to massage firmer I don't think they really understood because the pressure didn't really change. Probably just the language barrier. Oh and the other things was that the Bose ipod dock had the old connector whereas we wanted to plug in our iphone 5 to play music, so we couldn't. And the butler could not find us a connector so we just played music from our laptop.
Would definitely stay again and would love to try one of the beach front villas next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Samaya Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak