We arrived at The Samaya with high expectations following 5 nights spent in Borneo where we were a little disappointed with our hotel. Well our expectations were certainly met and exceeded. The Samaya is a beautiful hotel - you really do get a wow factor when you step through your villa front door (check-in is taken care of in your villa, no sitting around in reception) and see your private pool, huge bathroom and outdoor shower. We booked the Escape in Paradise package but decided to stay in a one bedroom Pool Villa rather than a Royal Courtyard property as we wanted to be nearer the beach and restaurant. Although this meant a smaller villa we didn't feel we had downgraded as our villa was still huge and we preferred being closer to the main facilities. The grounds of the hotel are very well maintained and it has a village like feel not like some of the other large 5* hotels we saw in the area.
The hotel enjoys a lovely position. The beach in front is relatively quite compared to further down but you are still walking distance to some good restaurants and other hotels - we walked along the beach to Ku De Ta and the W Hotel in the opposite direction and also wandered around Seminyak looking in the boutiques and tourist shops.
Breakfast was always a real feast with so many mouth watering options (the french toast, pancakes and breakfast burrito being favourites!) always leaving us feeling very full - we didn't need to eat again until afternoon tea time which was a lovely treat enjoyed daily on our sun loungers over looking the ocean. We only had one lunch at Breezes and this was because it was included in our package. They could not include afternoon tea meaning guests would then have to dine at Breezes for lunch if they didn't want to go far so it is a lovely touch. We ate dinner twice at Breezes including a special Honeymoon dinner on one of the pool islands. We watched the staff decorating the islands during the day and although I find these kind of things a little cheesy it did look beautiful and you have to appreciate the effort which has gone into it. The food on both nights was very good and it is certainly a beautiful setting for a romantic dinner and sundowners.
The staff are a credit to Ray Clark (the GM who does an amazing job) - always professional but smiling and friendly, willing to go the extra mile and addressing you by your name. A special mention must go to Adi who we enjoyed chatting to every morning at breakfast and Mul who served us during our honeymoon dinner.
I was very sad to leave after our 5 nights and if we ever return to Bali we will definitely be back at the beautiful Samaya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Samaya Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak