“Perfect for privacy and relaxation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Samaya Bali

Save Saved
You added The Samaya Bali to your Saves list
The Samaya Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Laksmana | Seminyak Beach, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
More B.E.N.E.F.I.T.S.!
Ranked #6 of 94 hotels in Seminyak
“Perfect for privacy and relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at samaya following a trip to gili t and found the service and villas to be first rate. Highlights included a very accommodating chef who was happy to assist with our request for oysters kilpatrick done differently to that listed on the menu, a first class on call butler system and a very comfortable king sized bed which was a joy to get into following a long few days of sightseeing. The general feel of samaya was very relaxed and catered to the guest without the feel of a corporate chain hotel system in the least. A real get away from the rush haven and worth the $$ for the private pool Villa over a room in my opinion

• Stayed November 2012

1,127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Samaya for 8 nights during the Christmas and New Year period. This is one hotel where I cannot fault a thing. Samaya have got the perfect balance of being incredibly attentive yet not too intrusive, both staff and management for were friendly and happy to cater to our every need. The hotel is split in two areas. If you prefer complete serenity be sure to book the Royal Pavilions which are located in the back area, accessed via a short buggy ride. We’ve been to lots of incredible destinations all over the globe and Samaya is the first hotel where we’ll be rebooking. You won’t be disappointed- complete paradise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Samaya while on our honeymoon. It was without a doubt the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at! The rooms were stunning, each with it's own beautiful pool, the location was perfect - right on the beach, with stunning views from the deck chairs and restaurant, while also being well located to check out Seminyak. Most impressive was the service - the service we received from each and every staff member was incredibly friendly and absolutely flawless. Anything we wanted, they arranged for us quickly and efficiently, and they even provided us with several free shuttles whenever we needed them. My husband still dreams of the breakfasts, which were delicious. We both fell in love with this place, which was pure luxury without being pretentious. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone without hesitation!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I don't normally write online reviews but I feel compelled to share the amazing experience my family and I had during our stay at The Samaya in Bali. The resort itself is world-class, with newly refurbished villas and a fantastic location on the beach, close to La Lucciola, Ku De Ta and Potato Head. From the minute we were picked-up at the airport, to the moment they bid us farewell, the staff were attentive, friendly and provided us with a level of personalised service that would be very hard to beat. The breakfast at The Samaya was incredible too. They offer a delicious selection of breakfast dishes, fresh juices and great coffee. They also serve it anywhere around the resort including in the privacy of your villa or at the beautiful Breeze restaurant over-looking the beach. I could gush about the manicured gardens and the fantastic spa treatment I had, but I'm guessing by now you've got the message that we all really enjoyed our experience at The Samaya and will go back there for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Samaya for seven nights over the Christmas Holidays and only wish we had stayed for longer. This was our first trip to Bali and will definately not be the last to the Samaya. We can only ditto the positive reviews previously posted. The Samaya has something very special to offer the discering traveller and there are too many to list here however we were most impressed with the fast track immigration service, the size and amenities of the beautiful Pool Side Villa, the wonderful Staff, quality of the food at the Breeze Restaurant and the Day Spa which I havent seen reviewed here but the quality of massage and service was exceptional a big thankyou to Ray and team for making it a Christmas to remember! PS we booked a two part holiday and it was a very hard landing in Singapore even in five stars after a seven star experience in Bali!

Room Tip: Couples I would suggest Beach Side and Families the Courtyard Villas
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We recently visited Bali for our honeymoon and split the time over Ubud Hanging Gardens and The Samaya. I had been told the hanging Gardens was the better.

However, from the moment I checked into The Samaya, I fell in love with this place.
The staff are amazing, the rooms are pure luxury and massive. Our dressing/bathroom area was larger then most peoples apartments.

We knew breakfast would be included but a nice touch was free high tea - amazing also! Warm scones, proper English tea and sandwiches. When I informed one member of staff that my wife is vegetarian, he made sure that the whole team knew and we never had to keep asking - they all just knew.

The beach is well kept and perfect for walks any time of day.

Outside the samaya, any direction you walk in will lead you to some excellent restaurants and bars.

I will be sure to return to this place!

Room Tip: Although all rooms are individual villas - the pool villas offer a good view of the beach etc but I...
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 6 glorious nights in a Royal Paviliion Villa over the 2012 Christmas period. We had a wonderful time. The newly refurbished beach side villas are exceptional (including a good sized private pool). We ate most nights at the Breeze Restaurant - the food was excellent and the setting stunning. Though my wife was ill during this stay, the hotel staff, from Ray the GM all through to the Butlers and restaurant staff took personnal responsiblity for ensuring that she was looked after at all times - our thanks to all the staff at the Samaya Bali for a memorable holiday.

Room Tip: The Royal Pavllions are highly recommended. All villas are set in quiet locations yet close to the b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Samaya Bali? Share your experiences!