We were given 1st class service the moment we touched down in Bali. We were ushered thru the immigration gates without the need to queue. Then, cold towels, bottled water and fruits were served in the 7 seater free airport transfer. We arrived at the Samaya approximately 20 mins later and were welcomed with delightful flower garlands. Our villa was at the far end of the compound so a buggy was necessary to take us and our luggage to the villa (there is a short cut through the café which we realised later on)
The villa itself was readied with the air condition switched on and 2 glasses of fancy orange juice prep nicely on the coffee table. The villa is huge for 2 persons. It has all the basic needs as well as the luxury bits that makes it stand out with the rest. As mentioned by many, renovation works are ongoing on the beach villa so our villa is situated on the opposite side of the main road (the samaya split their accommodations in 2 parts). Buggy services can be requested for those who wish to go to the restaurant, spa or even the reception area (though the latter would take barely 5 mins to walk to). As published in their website we were offered free 2 pieces of laundry each everyday (necessary in the blistering heat). We wine and dine in the villa for free! (well, a bottle of free sparkling wine and breakfast in villa is included). We enjoyed a dip in the pool especially after a long day out. We had breakfast in villa one day and another at breeze restaurant. Do take note that the breakfast selection at the breeze is more extensive and we ate like kings and queens. Breakfast is served all day so dine late morning and there won’t be a need to have lunch at all. Then came tea time. Drinks selection is wide (they tried doing an ice blended coffee for my partner which I would give thumbs up for 1st try) though the cakes and pastries is forgettable. The view however is breathtaking and the fact that the area is private, we did not need to worry about random sellers coming right up to your face. Dinner was good. We had a table right at the edge of the compound (within a metre from the beach) and were able to catch the sunset. Unfortunately, one of the spot lights fused and flying bugs were attacking our table since the little candle on the table attracted them. We were quickly moved to another area and service staffs were profusely apologizing to us which we accept since it is not their fault that the lights decide to give in. Food was amazing. My partner had a full Indonesian cuisine and the taste was true to its origin. As for myself, I had the green tea risotto with scallops (appetizer – forgotten) and I love it a lot. Definitely a must go for food lovers. Due to the low season, I ask for an extension on the last day since our flight was at 9pm. Instead of giving us the usual 2pm-3pm like most hotel do, we were allowed to stay in our villa till 7pm! The Samaya also provides free shuttle van to Kuta and nearby areas though take note that the place they stop is about a 15 mins walk to Kuta. My only disappointment was that we didn’t spend enough in the villa (Which villa provides 2 shower heads??) We did a one day tour with a brilliant tour guide named Putu (pm me for more details). The Samaya is definitely a luxury place but with practicality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samaya Seminyak has an outdoor pool, a steam room, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 5-star Luxury Boutique Seminyak property features massage and treatment rooms, body treatments, and facial treatments. Business amenities at this 5-star Luxury Boutique property include complimentary wireless Internet access and business services. Samaya Seminyak has an award winning restaurant Breeze and a bar/lounge. 24-hour room service is available. Transportation services at this property include a complimentary airport shuttle (available on request) and a complimentary area shuttle within 2000metres. The staff can arrange wedding services, dry cleaning/laundry services, currency exchange, and computer rentals. Additional amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and a garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your The Samaya Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Seminyak
- Samaya Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Samaya Bali Seminyak