We just spent a week in Bali and stayed at the beautiful Villa Poppy. I loved it was a traditional Balinese Villa - thatched roof, open plan layout, indoor/outdoor bathrooms - rather than a modern contemporary style place. The LARGE lush tropical garden really makes it. The pool was fantastic and kept very clean. 3 air-conditioned bedrooms with very comfy beds! Not that we watched much TV, but the satellite TV was perfect to watch 5 mins here and there of the Australian Open Tennis. Sound system is great and there was a connector plug for our ipad/iphone to play our favourite tunes! Other posts mention the music at night - yes you can hear it from the upstairs bedroom, but pretty muffled and I certainly didn't lose any sleep. I had ear plugs with me, but didn't need them. The villa is down a quiet lane, so no traffic noise.
The staff were amazing. Thanks to Elu and Ayu for the wonderful breakfasts including fresh fruit, nasi goreng and delicious omelets. Also for keeping the place spotless and doing our laundry. The gardener/security guys Made and Gede were great - good to know there's someone outside the gate all night. Elu's husband can also drive you for day trips at a very reasonable price - we went to Rock bar for afternoon cocktails and the sunset and also a whole day at Ubud.
The location is fantastic - couple of mins to shops - 5 mins to supermarket - 10 mins to beach. Great shopping so close and short walk or taxi to all the great restaurants and bars Seminyak has to offer.
I would have no hesitation of booking Villa Poppy again for our next trip. We visited a couple of friends in nearby villas that were more contemporary, but I preferred Villa Poppy. Also the 950sqm garden was 3 or 4 times the size of all the other villas we visited and the pool is a decent size too - double the size of some of the others we saw. The day bed at the end of the pool was also great for lounging around.
I took plenty of photos, but there's no point uploading them as the ones on the website are a true representation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Poppy is a two-storey, traditional Balinese, open-plan home with a thatched roof on a 950 square metre block of land in the heart of Seminyak. A maximum of six guests can be accommodated in the three bedrooms, which are all with airconditioning and mosquito-nets. On the ground level, the main bedroom has a king-size bed and an indoor-outdoor ensuite. Also on the ground level, the second bedroom has two king-single beds and access to the large indoor-outdoor main bathroom next door. Upstairs, the third bedroom has a four-poster queen-size bed and an ensuite which overlooks the garden and pool. The main living area is completely open to the beautiful garden and pool which is the perfect place in which to relax away from the hustle and bustle outside. The garden is our treasure - with frangipanis, orchids, a comfortable gazebo (bale) and sun-lounges. Our dedicated staff have been with us for many years and they will do everything they can to ensure your stay is enjoyable, safe and stress-free. Facilities: -Overnight security staff and 1 housemaid -Sleeps 6 - 3 air-conditioned bedrooms -L-type private swimming pool (10 x 4m) -Free Wi-Fi Broadband Internet access (guest's laptop required) -Free local telephone calls -32" HD LCD TV, with satellite channels -DVD player and stereo sound system -Free drinking water -Fully-equipped kitchen with marble benchtops -Two safety deposit boxes (one upstairs, one downstairs) -Car hire and day trips can be arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Villa Poppy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Poppy Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Poppy Bali/Seminyak