“An oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 113 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“An oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My first thought on entering the gate of Villa Poppy was "what an Oasis", after the hustle and bustle of Kuta (where we had just left) it was lovely to walk into such peace and calm.
Although it is getting old and a bit tired Villa Poppy has the personality and charm that I expected to find on my first trip to Bali. Ayu and Ely cared for my family beautifully from cooking, cleaning, washing and shopping to running out to get some oil to rub on my vomiting son's stomach. Ayu (who spoke the better English of the 2 housemaids) was also very handy in dealing with a persistent driver and the McDonalds delivery man who tried to overcharge my daughter.
The pool and garden were kept well maintained by the security man and we always felt safe knowing that there was someone outside the gate all night.
A few reviewers mention the noise from the nightclub which I could hear every night but I never found it a problem as once my head hit the pillow I was asleep and my family the same so I wouldn't let that stop you staying here. Maybe if you are a light sleeper ear plugs might help?
The only downside for us was the 10 -15 minute walk to the beach, if beaches are your thing and you have small kids and a bit of stuff to carry then the distance could be annoying. But with the beautiful pool and gardens of Poppy all to yourself the beach isn't really needed.
Our family of 5 loved Villa Poppy, our group of friends staying in the next 2 villas nicknamed it "The Palace" and you really feel special staying there.

Room Tip: 3 bedrooms - King size bed, 2 king singles and a double upstairs
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous location, back from the road so no traffic noise. Elu and Ayu, aka magic fairies, were simply the best. The pool was always cleaned, the grounds tended to in detail and there are lots of different seating areas to utilise. Extensive shopping is at your feet. The ideal place to holiday with your friends as it has everything you need.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hope Island, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was the best experience we have had in Bali. Villa Poppy was amazing, the staff Elu and Ayu were absolutely amazing, and attended to all our whims. Villa Poppy is about 15 years old but it was so relaxing. The grounds were kept beautifully and we had a security guard nightly to make us feel very safe. I would highly recommend this villa to all my friends. Cheryl and George, Gold Coast, Queensland

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

A group of 6 of us checked into Villa Poppy earlier this month for a 2 night stay. Conveniently located in the heart of Seminyak, this beautiful villa is walking distance to surf shops, cafes and restaurants. The two housekeepers made us felt very much at home. On the day we arrived, we arranged for masseurs to come into the villa for massage by the beautiful swimming pool. We've also got the housekeepers to whip up an authentic balinese dinner for us. Their culinary skills are really awesome i must say!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I had organised a holiday in Bali and was meeting up with friends that had flown from New Zealand and myself from Malaysia. After searching many villas in Bali we decided to choose Villa Poppy as it was a perfect match to sleep 6. Upon arriving we drove down a small quiet lane to a big brick fence and a quaint wooden door saying Villa Poppy which opens into a secret Balinese garden. A beautiful typically styled balinese house in a lush large garden. A gorgeous pool in the centre with a magic small balinese day bed at the end. The staff, 2 ladies and one guard were always so pleasant and helpful. Our breakfast each morning was a feast cooked up by the staff. They were always attentive and taking care of our needs. Our laundry was done everyday and the house spotlessly cleaned everyday. The villa is situated in a very handy area with only short walk to great shopping, restaurants and the beach. Whether it is just a couple or a group of people, this villa is ideal for a perfect holiday in amazing Bali.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Where to start! I've stayed at Villa Poppy both times I've visited Bali. It is such a great place as it allows you to step off the busy roads in Seminyak and experience your own, private slice of paradise. I love the fact that you're not sharing the space with other guests, so it feels like your very own home away from home. (Plus you get the added benefits of having great staff who go out of their way to look after you.)

Location is great. Just a short walk to great spas, shops and restaurants. If you need anything from the supermarket, the girls working there are happy to head on down and grab everything for you.

My favourite part about the Villa is the living space. The kitchen, dining and living areas are all open which really lets you enjoy the great Bali weather! We never had a problem with mosquitos as the staff are pedantic about putting insect coils around the place at night.

Like a few other people have mentioned on here, music from clubs can be heard on some nights from the upstairs bedroom. I'm a heavy sleeper though, so this never bothered me and it shouldn't stop you from staying here.

Overall, I don't think there's anything in the world that beats lying around the pool at Villa Poppy. What an amazing place.

I have recommended Villa Poppy to all my friends and family and will definitely be staying there again next time I'm in Bali!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

A really late review as we stayed here in June 2011. I must agree with all that Carducci_Clan said in their review. The villa is wonderful and made even better by all the staff that work there. 7 of us stayed there being my wife and I, three kids aged 2, 4 & 6 plus grandparents. Kids were well looked after by Ilyu and Ayu which was great. All three even got on the motorbike with Ayu and did a few laps of the laneway. The music from the nightclubs only seems to be a problem if you are in the upstairs bedroom as we didnt hear much downstairs. But seriously, dont let this put you off staying there, you will not regret it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Villa Poppy? Share your experiences!