“Memorable Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 101 Hotels in Seminyak
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Memorable Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We spent our honeymoon here at the recommendation of a couple and also after reading the reviews here. The package was a good deal which covers everything incl food, spa and transport.
The resort is really is tranquil and everyone is very hospitable, the front office staff could remember our name. Service response is good especially when we requested breakfast to be served in the villa, we didnt have to wait long. I like the atmosphere in the poolside at the restaurant when we asked for our lunch to be served there at the cabana.
Really like the day bed and deck in the villa, it is refreshing and relaxing plus the Ipod. Loccitane toiletries were supplied which speak of the quality. Spa treatment is good and the masseur was gentle though the treatment room is a bit cramped.
We enjoyed the candle light dinner inside our villa though it would be good to have it by our private pool but weather was unpredictable then.
The other nights, we went out to dine along the main road which is just 15-20 walk which we find enjoyable since there are many things to see though it could be quite dark on certain but it is safe. Must visit KUDETA for sunset which is walking distant, otherwise the hotel can arrange for shuttle. Should also try POTATO HEAD for sunset too but we didnt manage to as we didnt make it back on time from Ubud visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I actually live and work in Bali and I don't need any fancy holidays overseas when I live here - I have a beautiful place that I live in 40 mins out of Seminyak - but it is jome and I wanted to not travel far but also spoil myself atht same time. So for 3 days I checked into the Elysian so I could be "a tourist". The villas are perfect for couples and the service is so personalized that all these small touches make a huge difference - especially when I am used to already living in Bali. The breakfast was amazing where you had your own breakfast made to how you wanted it instead of a buffet line - I had he Eggs Benedict every day - you wouldn't find that in a normal hotel breakfast menu. The toiletries were amazing and I was in heaven with my L'occataine lotions and potions. But the best part was the bathtub!!!!!!!!!!! I am quite tall and never find any where I can totally relax in a tub - this tub was like a mini spa bath where you could fit in with ease and there is enough room to fit another one in there too. Also some of these small touches were that they had an I pod speaker where you can play your own tunes, or they already had an i pod there with a great variety of songs to choose from. The beds were amazingly comfortable and I loved watching TV in Bed (which I don't at home)I recommend the Elysian to anyone who wants a small getaway where you are in the heart of everything - but you don't feel as if you are.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon towards the end of May, and it was an absolutely wonderful choice. We'd done our research on Tripadvisor, and chose the Elysian as it was (relatively) reasonable in terms of price, and also seemed to be well-favoured by most of the reviewers. If you have a look at the pictures posted by the reviewers, this is pretty much what you'll get at the resort. From the airport, we were greeted by a friendly staff of the resort who provided cold hand towels and chilled bottled water to refresh us after our short flight from KL. The journey took about 30 mins, and just before you get to the resort, there is a one-vehicle road which seemed to be for the use of the resort, and also other smaller houses and other resorts located along the road. It's been mentioned by other reviewers here that in order to get to the beach (which is really right next to the Elysian, but you can't really get to it due to some reason or another) you have to go back up that one-vehicle road, make a turn to the left, and walk through Ku De Ta to get to the beach. It's well worth the slight effort though, as the sunset and wide area of the beach during evening time (low tide) is wonderful for photos. Breakfast was the highlight meal of the day. We were on the Honeymoon Package, and as we both selected different sets (ie American, and Mix 'n' Match), we managed to get enough food to last us well over till tea time (also included in the package). Apple TV was provided in the rooms, so the vast selection of films on there, and TV programmes on cable were more than enough to keep us occupied. The villas offer the privacy required, but when service was required, the staff were almost too eager to be on hand to offer their assistance. The rooms were turned down twice daily, and little chocolates left by the staff after each turn-down gave us something else to like about this place! All in all, we couldn't fault it. If you're looking to unwind and have wonderful service and food at your request, this is definitely recommended! I can't compare this place to the other resorts nearby as I haven't been to it, but I was certainly pleased with what we experienced at the Elysian.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is our second stay at the elysian, we chosen this hotel over many hotel in senimyak and exactly as it was before, its luxury at its best. The rooms are fantastic and provide everything you will possibly need on a holiday abroad, right down from Ipad loan, plug conversion to mosquito spray. The staffs are extremely friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
We don't have a bad word to say, only many thanks for all of the team at the hotel for our beautiful time at the resorts become something to remember forever . we had a great experience and will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My wife and I were amazed at the Guest experience we had during our honeymoon there. The knowledge and resourcefulness of the front office staff of Bali was amazing. Each recommendation of places to go or dine made by them exceeded our expectations and they ensured that transport, reservations were all taken care of.

The design and the landscapeof the villa together with its individual private pool provided a great place for couples to just rest and relax in complete privacy. In-villa dining or Spa packages provided a choice for those who prefer personalized services in privacy. Great food from its restaurant and experienced therapists for massages simply was the icing on top.

Definately recommended for Honeymooners or couples who wants a romantic escape.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Stayed here for a few nights at the end of my Bali trip.
As I entered the driveway I ne I had made the right choice. This was my type of decor.

The reception was friendly and efficient, the public areas tastefully decorated.

My villa was huge with seperate living area, bedroom and bathroom/dressing area. The outside area was large with a big sunbed and bigger than expected private pool.

Food was good and spa treatment and staff were great.

Great added bonus was loan of preloaded iPod and bose sound dock (loved the Chill lounge music), Mac book and free fast wifi.

Although only a few minutes drive to bustling main drag of Seminyak. it was incredibly quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed there in a one bedroom villa. Staff were the best, restaurant was fantastic, Villas were awesome particularily the free WI FI, comfortable beds and main room which opened out onto the pool area. The only criticism would be the pool and outdoor areas were a bit in the shade and hence a little cold for the wife. However it is only a quick walk to the beach and the main pool which was great

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Elysian? Share your experiences!