“Pool n' villa bliss” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
“Pool n' villa bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed at the Eylsian (28 villa boutique hotel, each has private pool) in early April and it was chosen after considerable brochure and TripAdvisor consultations. We had 5 nights and it turned out to be a most enjoyable time - the staff were all very helpful (front desk especially), they had a courtesy bus for drop-off around town (Seminyak and Legian) or ad-hoc drop-off's to alternative dinner venues around town.

Meals in the Elysian were always excellent (breakfast choices at main pool or delivered to your villa). Special events such as a traditional "megibung" dinner or even a free cocktail evening one night. Requests for i-POD changes or more bathroom toiletries were instantly met and delivered to the villa.

Location is good (quiet and backstreet entry), it's close to the beach and restaurants like Ku De Ta etc. We also had a few inspections of other villa/private pool complexes around Seminyak and the Elysian is one at the top-of-the list (type, villa's size, layout, pool etc). It was good value for money (we got a 'stay 5 pay 4 nights' package).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Myself and two friends of mine had a one bedroom villa at the Elysian - and we loved every minute we were there!!!

The service was amazing - our rooms were cleaned every morning in addition to a pool cleaner and gardner and a turn down at night. The reception staff were extreamly helpfull friendly when it came to changing money, booking in day tours dropping us off into Legian or main streets in Seminyak.

The resturant food was sensational, and daily breakfast was include in our price fro the villa. The breakfast had a varity of different dishes to choose from and would prepare everything to your liking. The juices were freshly squeezed and there was no limit on the food, juices or coffee. There were a few nights we decided to have dinner at the resturant or get room service and I had some of the best meals in my life. The seafood was fantastic and was cooked to perfection and the wait staff were flawless and really friendly.

The villa itself was a good size and big enough for 3, however I thought there would have been a full kitchen - there is only a bar fridge and sink. We were allowed an unlimited number of bottles of water, buckets of fresh ice for when we wanted to prepare our own drinks by the private pool. The little additional things in the villa were great - such as their shampoo/conditioner etc, free wi-fi, fresh beach & bathroom towels and robes.

If I had to fault the Elysian it would only be that the private pool was a little bit too cold - but could quickly warm up with a swim and it is set back from the main street by a very narrow windy road. However the staff were good with free shuttle rides.

While I was staying there with friends, it is definatly a perfect spot for a peacefull romantic getaway. The public pool area was often quite, although it was stunning and beautiful as it is located right next to the resturant.

I would defiantly reccomend the Elysiana and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Our stay at the Elysian was perfect, accommodation was beautiful and the staff made sure we were always looked after and were treated like royalty. Close to many good shops and restaurants too, and the Elysian Spa treatments are divine. My favourite thing though was the private pool!

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Every thing was just fantastic, loved the priate villa with our own plung pool, just the the needed. Highly recommend this place. Staff, accomadation, everything, just sensational

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I was staying here with my husband, a very short stay sadly. Let me describe some points about the hotel:

On the way there:
Not sure at first, but once you arrive there you'll change your mind. The lobby was spacious, front desk staff were friendly and always smile, cold drink and cool towel presented promptly when you arrive, I even asked the recipes of their welcome drink to try at home.

Villa:
After quick check in the staff took us to our villa. It look a bit small from outside but once you're in it felt more spacious, living room was large with comfortable sofa looking out the gorgeous infinity pool. Big sliding window you can open for airy feeling. There's also dining table and minibar in the living room, no kitchen, but they have complimentary coffee and tea and the plunger to make our own coffee. Bedroom was also large, comfortable king bed with ceiling-high sliding door facing the pool, big screen TV and Apple TV with hundreds of movies kept us entertained during staying in the villa. Bath room was nice and modern with sunken bath and glass ceiling so you get natural sun light in.

Restaurant:
If you stay here it's better to have your breakfast/meal in the restaurant where you can see the stunning view of the big main pool, it has 5 bales on one side and the restaurant on the other side. the food was great, breakfast had vast variation of choice, I had different one each time, delicious!! I didn't have lunch here, but I tried one of their weekly special dinner, the lobster dinner, thumbs up!

Spa:
The spa menu have various kind of treatments, the price also very reasonable for a boutique hotel. I tried the aromatherapy massage, disappointed when it was over because i didn't want it to stop :-) I like a very strong massage and i didn't think they can deliver what I expected, but they did. Great job girls! I had a bad experience in one of the spa outside the hotel, a lot cheaper but I was disappointed, I think what they say is true, you get what you pay for.

The services:
I cannot say enough about the services, from front desk to garden staff they're all very courteous, and make you feel comfortable, always there whenever you need any services. I don't know what happened to the people that saying the staff were rude in previous review, it was totally the opposite actually.

Well, I don't want to say too much good things about The Elysian, you just have to come and experience it yourself then you will know what I meant. Definitely will be back and recommend all my friends to stay here. Can't wait to go back myself.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

I definately recommend the elysian. Service is fantastic,the staff member very polite respectful and well spoken. The room is amazing, i love my room service and i miss it very much. Breakfast is unbelieveable,must try their lunch and dinner menu. Dont forget to experience their spa, absolutely amazing feels great. I will stay at elysian again in july this year. Elysian is heaven

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I have been coming to bali for many years and have stayed at many different villas in the seminyak area. I have found that the Elysian will be the only villa I will stay at, for the rest of my years. the staff is kind and courteous, the food is impeccable, an for the price, i find it hard to beat. lastly, the elysians efforts to strive in being as "green" and Eco friendly as possible make me feel as if they are doing their part to preserve Balis natural beauty... see you again soon Elysian!!

• Stayed March 2011

Been to The Elysian? Share your experiences!