“Loved my stay !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Uma Sapna

You added Uma Sapna to your Saves list
Uma Sapna
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Drupadi No 20xx Basangkasa, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
DIRECT BOOKING HOT DEAL
Ranked #21 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Edison, New Jersey
“Loved my stay !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Went to bali for my honeymoon. Chose to stay at uma sapna after reading positive reviews. We got a one bedroom villa w/ its own small pool ( you can only take a dip not big enuf to swim ). A bock of four villas had a common swimming pool as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms were very roomy / clean. Staff was very helpful. There might have some difficulty communicating w/ them owing to English not being their first language. But it wasnt one bit frustrating. Staff was always smiling and willing to accomodate. I wasnt expecting a pickup at the airport and was thrilled when my wife pointed to guy holding a board w/ my name on it while I was looking for the "exit" directions :). Location wise might not be the best but I loved the proximity to Kuta beach and "ku de ta". There were some decent eateries close by as well. Breakfast was decent. Intial couple of days I was eating continental and quickly switched to Indonesian breakfast :). The sweet memories from the trip and the fragrance of the frangipani linger on ..............

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We were having a hard time to pick a villa in Bali and a friend of mine recommended this villa to us. Location was in Seminyak Area, an upscale district filled with trendy restaurants and bars, art shops and spas.
My partner and I spent four nights at Uma Sapna last month and we had a really great time together. We booked the one-bedroom villa with jacuzzi and upon checking-in we were upgraded to the villa with a larger swimming pool. The room was spacious , wi-fi , cable TV included.

One minor thing that they could improve on was the lighting in our villa's yard which was kinda poor, a little bit too dark at night. Other than that there was nothing to complain about.
The staffs were friendly and pretty helpful too. They delivered our breakfast every morning to the villa.
There was an art gallery in the villa compound exhibiting a young talented local artist's paintings and sculptures. Not every villa in Bali had this, so it was a different experience for us .
I'll upload some pictures of our villa and the surrounding area. Enjoy!
We had a really great time and would come back .

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Transport from the airport was on time. Clean, nicely decorated, private terrasse and pool. Perfect for couples. The staff was polite, always smiling and ready to help. Breakfeast on our private terrasse was delivered exactly at the time we asked the night before. We asked for a bowl of ice cubes, and we got it 2 min after. Wifi was free. About 10 min. walk to the beach and 2 min to the shopping and resto areas.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Everything was just perfect as all the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Not in a way where in certain establishments they are friendly but hypocritical but in Uma Sapna, it was truly heartfelt.

My baggage was delayed on my arrival and did not arrived only till 3 days later. Uma Sapna drove me to the airport on a complimentary trip to pick up my baggage. In the room, they topped up my fruits to my preferred choice as well as accomodating my breakfast choices with no fuss. Breakfast was a huge spread, I should say. Room service F&B could be improved on quality but wasnt that bad either.

Staff spoke with good English and there wasnt any language barrier. Room was spacious with enough places to keep all necessities. The in-villa pool was much bigger than expected, but it was a pity we did not get to use it much as we were out most of the time.

It was a short walk to 'Eat Street' with plenty of choices. Depending on time travelling down to Kuta, you could be stuck in the jam, so do time your trip down there.

Overall, I wouldnt mind staying in Uma Sapna again!

Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

My wife and I travelled to Bali with our 2 & a half year old daughter for a friends wedding. We stayed at Uma Sapna for 12 nights and absolutely loved it.

We had a two bedroom villa with pool, I was a little worried about having a pool with my young daughter around so had asked Uma Sapna before booking if they had a pool fence available. They said they would arrange something for us, when we arrived we found that it appeared that they had constructed a timber fence around the pool for us which I consider was excellent service.

All the staff were exceptionally friendly, especially when we had our daughter, they would come out from everywhere when we walked past just to say 'hi'.

The room service breakfast wasn't anything to rave about, but it was still quite reasonable. For the last 4 or 5 days we travelled down to Ku De Ta for breakfast and usually stayed there on the day beds until lunch time. Our daughter would play on the grass or in the kiddy pool there.

Location was excellent as it was a short stroll (say 200m) up the road to "Eat Street" Jl Laksmana/Oberoi or through a laneway to the main shopping street Jl Raya Seminyak. Because the place is tucked away a little it feels very quiet and with our own pool we felt like we were the only people there.

The bath was massive, we could have fit 4 people in it, took a very long time to fill up though, so we gave it a miss.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I can’t say enough about our stay at Uma Sapna. The villa was immaculate, our daily breakfasts were delicious, the private dinner and lunch served at the pool was so romantic and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was everything we hoped it would be. We indulged the morning of our wedding in a 2 hour couple’s massage, a perfect way to start a day we will never forget. Our guests of the wedding all had the same experience!

Also, the location of Uma Sapna is lovely, tucked away from the hustle and bustle yet close to some of the best shopping and dining in Bali. Seminyak is where it is at!

Thank you to everyone at Uma Sapna!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We have always found Uma Sapna a lovely place to stay, quiet, clean, tranquil.
The staff a very friendly and when you enter your own little piece of paradise to the green lawn and bubbling pool, you breathe a sigh of relief from the heat. The decor is modern which took a while to get used to as we usually stay in more ' rustic ' Balinese places but you soon learn to enjoy the modern comforts.
They don't have a restaurant but breakfast is always good and there are so many restaurants nearby that you probably wouldn't stay in anyway. You just walk to the corner and catch a cab to the beach or if you are feeling particularly fit, go for a walk.
All in all a great place to stay

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Uma Sapna? Share your experiences!