“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uma Sapna

Save Saved
You added Uma Sapna to your Saves list
Uma Sapna
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Drupadi No 20xx Basangkasa, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #22 of 101 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Uma Sapna for 3 nights, and LOVED IT. To be honest, I was not looking forward to this accomodation, because I was worried it looked like a normal city hotel room in the photos, but it ended up being my favourite of the trip. It is minimalist and modern. Some people might find it bland, but it was very much to my taste. Also, since I had been staying in traditional and mossy places up till this point, the simple and clean style was refreshing.

We booked a 1br private pool villa and got a free upgrade to what was probably just a nicer/bigger 1br private pool villa. The pool was huge - approx 12m long. It had a nice outdoor dining and lounge area with a cold water bubbler. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom gorgeous, in that minimalist style. The bath was so huge, our friends joked that all 4 of us could get in there. Certainly big enough for my 6 foot 1 husband to lay in. The toilet is a bit odd though - it had a glass door, and looks out onto the big bathroom mirror :-)

The whole place is very stylish. They have a small modern art gallery in the grounds, including some installation art in the garden. Apparantly you can arrange to have your breakfast in the art gallery. Breakfast was included in our package and was delivered to our room promptly. I found it generous and delicious.

This is a really great hotel. Don't stay if it is the only place you are coming to and you want a traditional Balinese style, though. I would love to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in one of the executive villas. Don't get me wrong, this is a luxury villa estate; the grounds are stunning, beautifully landscaped and whisper quiet. The private pool villa itself was tastefully appointed; it was obvious they had spent a lot on the fit out. Other good points include lovely big soft bed, nice big pool, a shower you can fit 10 people in, massive bath, high walls for privacy (never heard other guests) and spacious outdoor area with lawn, sun chairs, day bed and breakfast table. The staff are also very professional, courteous and clearly well trained.

However, there were a few things I noticed that prevent me from giving Uma Sapna a 5 star rating. Firstly, there was no shuttle available for us when we wanted a lift somewhere (most other hotels do this). Secondly, the transparent glass door to the toilet was irksome. I realise that married couples should be comfortable with each other but there are limits! Thirdly, the TV screen was way to small for the size of the room. Kamuela Villas in Ubud charges the same room rate and the TV is 3 times larger. Fourthly, there should be a table and chairs inside the room. When it's 33 degrees Celsius and 88% humid by 8:30am, who wants to eat outside? Fifthly, our breakfast orders were frequently wrong and, in my opinion, the portions could have been more generous. Sixthly, I don't recall them providing free afternoon tea. This is a lovely convenience provided my most other villas, even those that charge less.

Another thing, they should convert the Kendra Gallery into a restaurant with buffet breakfasts, lunch and dinner. We were there for 3 nights and NEVER saw anyone go in the gallery. If they were to provide a decent restaurant at Uma Sapna then it might be worth paying the extra $$$ for the food there. Otherwise, there was no way I was paying for room service when I can walk for 10 minutes into Seminyak and eat the same thing in a cute cafe for a third of the price.

I wouldn't say no to staying at Uma Sapna again (if there was a special deal on maybe), but there are other luxury villas that provide better value for money.

Room Tip: Not sure if it's worth splurging on the executive villa, unless you need a huge pool. All the v...
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Its been a while i have visited this place but its never too late to mention such a wonderful stay. I booked a private Villa here in the month of April 2012. I visited with my wife and was delighted. Good location, quiet and private. Private swimming pool (cleaned everyday) , perfect destination for honeymoon. We stayed in Bali over 10days in two different hotels and both experieces were awesome. This place is situated at Seminyak and beaches are bearby. Service is excellent and you will not be disappointed. i will surely recommend this for couples and families.

Room Tip: Private Villa with Swimming pool
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Me & Boyfriend stayed in Uma Sapna on 24 - 26 Dec.

Stayed in 1 bedroom with private pool with package included free WIFI, 1 day of set lunch, 2 hour massage and 1 day tour.

The stay was a relaxed one and we enjoyed it, the best stay we had so far. Recommended for couples and friends.

So what was great about the villa:

1) Service staff were attentive, and they would be there when you need them.

2) Breakfast were complimentory and good, as you get to choose the breakfast spread you want a night before and they served the food at your villa at the time you stated.

3) Villa was well maintained, even though it was opened for 8 or 9 years. And with very nice soothing aromatheraphy smell which I think was Lotus

4) Massage was great and relaxed as both of us fell asleep

5) Took 1 day tour on 26 Dec when we checked out and was great too as we had a driver from Uma Sapna who brought us around, we went to Kintamani to see the volcano, and along the way there were stops to visit the Hindu temple, plantation with different kinds of drinks to try (e.g. Luwak Coffee, Ginger Tea, Lemon Grass Tea etc). We bought some back as gifts for friends as the drinks were all very nice. Finally buffet lunch at a restaurant overlooking the volcano.

6) Location was about 10 mins walk to Seminyak happening area, where all the shops and restaurants were located. We had best and cheap dinner at Ultimo during our 1st night of stay. Recommended

What I didn't really like about the stay:
1) Pool is a little small, so cannot swim laps in the pool but good for relaxing

2) Bed and pillow were hard, I can't really sleep well as I'm used to soft pilliow and softer bed.

3) Sometimes faulty flush and bathtub, but everything were fixed by Uma Sapna staff in a very prmopt manner

Room Tip: Room with private pool is good, as it's quiet and with prviacy.
adelaide south australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

we have just returned from Bali last week staying at the Uma Sapna,upon arrival were greeted with an iced towel to freshen up,upon entry to our spa villa there were flowers on our bed and fresh fruit and an icey fruit cocktail awaiting us, the room was quite large with a lounge and coffee table at one end, flat screen plasma and dvd player and they loan movies out to watch. Behind the wall at the head of the bed you walked into the bathroom which had twin basins beyond that with a glass wall into the very private walled tropical garden was a huge bath with that section having a glass roof and also a shower the ambience was just lovely but I stress even though you feel you are out in the garden it is very private with roof, high walls beyond that lined with huge tropical plants. Outside the bedroom there is a verandah with table and chairs for 2 which breakfast is served every morning at a time choosen by you, they are very punctual,also there is a mini bar.Beyond that you have a courtyard garden full of beautiful plants and a small lawn area with your own spa which was so refreshing to get into on return from day trips or shopping near by. The staff are so courteous. The villas are set back from the main shopping area so there is no noise, it is about a 10 minute lesurely walk to resturants and shops including mini marts.The hotel supply's bottled water every day, I would reccommend this hotel and stay again

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Me & my husband was very please with our stay at Uma Sapna villa. We were greated by friendly smile and rose petal in bed & bathtub. Very sweet guesture from the hotel. Been to many hotel around the worl and found that the staff at this villa is the most professional & friendliest that we have ever come accross. We stay at one bedroom villa with plunge pool (we never use).Here are some summaries pros & cons:

Pros:
Staff - friendly, very helpful & professsional
Clean modern room
hotel driver very helpful on tour, always willing to help
Check in and out was really quick and easy
Ground around hotel very clean
Provide mozzie coy everyday

Cons:
Breakfast - not enought variety and quality could be better, by the fifth days we we very sick of eating thw same thing
Location- in the day it fine to walk around, night it is quite dark to walk around.

Taxi is very cheap, remember to catch bluebird service with the meter on it cost us less than $2aud to get to most place around seminyak.

Definately recommend this villa for anyone that want a peaceful quite sleep in this busy town

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I and my wife had a beautiful time spent at uma sapna for honeymoon, very private,staff are excellent, room are quite large with pool, the dinner was excellent, breakfast at room..overall the one of the best villa in seminyak area,good price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Uma Sapna? Share your experiences!