“We just had lunch and enjoyed the swimming pool - Fully booked at the time we went there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Puri Cendana

You added Hotel Puri Cendana to your Saves list
Hotel Puri Cendana
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk (Dhyana Pura), Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #77 of 111 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We couln't stay for the night, the hotel was full but we enjoyed the lunch and stayed with the kids near the swimming pool.
Average food but nice fresh juice.
Nice place, friendly staff, and good massage as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

If you are looking for a place that is clean, you can rest well, close to the beach and reasonable pricing. This is the place for you.

We stayed there for 6 days in April. It's our 2nd time in Bali & we've seen other beaches, so we picked this place as we know it's close to the Seminyak beach (within 5 minutes walk), the beach we prefer. This is a surfer's beach, got lots of good wave, pretty good for body surf too, but definitely not swimming.(Last time in July, there were lots of rubbish on Nusa Dua Beach.)

We originally booked a superior star room but we got upgraded to the duplex star room because Expedia did something wrong on their side. Anyway, that's a good bonus for us. The room is very clean and no bugs issue. (Last time in Ubud, we had flies issue in the room) We think the room we've got is totally suitable for a family of 4 or simply just a few friends together. There's a king bed upstairs and it can totally fit a double bed downstairs in the living room. the TV wasn't working at all but we didn't care as we don't watch TV. The free wifi works well in the room and the restaurant.

The restaurant offers basic breakfast like all the other balinese style hotel. The breakfast is okay, we prefer fruit plate than orange juice from concentrate which tasted weird. We had dinner there once. We only eat local dishes when we are traveling. Their Nasi Campur and another Balinese curry chicken dish tasted great, but my one plate doesn't fill a man's stomach.

This hotel is located at the beginning of Seminyak beach, a great location to start off a sunset stroll, which you can go down south along the beach to Legian and Kuta beach or north (which we didn't have time to do so). This is also the more chill out part of the beach. We loved that it is less crowded, which is great for a relaxing sunbath. At night it is filled with more energy with some bars still operating with live music, so you can have a drink right on the beach. If you walk further south from there passed a smelly creek that joins up the beach. That marks the beginning of Legian, and you won't find bars right on the beach like Seminyak do.

We love walking around. You'll find a lot of interesting things along Jl. Camplung Tanduk, including good vegan food and delicious smoothy at Zula, a good music gig at Solki, an open- air bar that serves you popcorn as snacks (right next door to Zula), located in the beginning of this road. If you walk further, there is a bar on the left side called something "moon" (I forgot the name), they have good live band shows there as well. Midway through your walk back to the hotel, you'll walk pass a couple of gay bars, which get quite crazily crowded at night.
If you like to walk to see the world like us, try walking along the beach to Legian, then along the main road to Kuta, that's something else to explore.

Back to Puri Cendana, the negative things I'd say is they need to change up their towels, which are so worn out with grey stains and the edges fray. Also, the bed can be more comfortable. It's time for them to upgrade some of their amenities.

Room Tip: The room we had was G, it's great but we wish there's a bit more sun in the room. We have to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed there in March 2014. I was collected from the airport by a very reliable driver (who was very helpful - he even drove me around Denpasar the next day to hunt for somewhere to buy a ticket, and did the negotiating for me!) - and arrived at a small hotel that was very cute looking. On arrival the reception guy wanted payment up-front in cash in IDR for my entire stay - which was basically impossible as the total dollar amount was high and exceeded my daily ATM withdrawal limit. So that was annoying and I had to pay for each day individually. Aside from that though I liked it. The hotel is older than most of other places in Seminyak, but is clean with big rooms and huge bathrooms, reasonably priced (for Seminyak), and has some character, and the staff are helpful. It's only 100m from the beach and close to the older parts of Seminyak, but a long walk from the really expensive bit where the posh 5-star resorts and beach clubs are. I would stay there again. Be sure to arrange airport collection because no taxi driver will be able to find it. Many hotels are called by similar names. Even if you have the address it doesn't help because the road is known by 3 different names. Apple maps couldn't even locate it correctly. Google maps did a slightly better job but still wasn't correct.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My friend and I stayed here early April. Coming off a long flight it was our first stop. We got picked up at the airport by a friendly, nice driver and dropped off at the hotel. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The rooms were perfect with clean beds, great bathrooms and a cute outdoor balcony. The pool area is great where you can just relax and have a drink and food. Great place for great price!
Location is a small walk to the beach and few mins walk into central but wasn't an issue. Overall it was a really great place.

Stayed April 2014
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I chose to stay here over your standard resort, because if I'm in a country I want to feel like I'm in that country by staying in a traditional hotel. The hotel rooms were spacious and clean. They're pretty basic but have everything you need.
The grounds are beautiful with a pool surrounded by gardens which were well kept. We saw the gardener our everyday tending to the flowers and plants.
Breakfast was included in the price and was a good size portion (more than enough food) with a choice of Western or Asian cuisine. The rest of the food in the restaurant was ok but not amazing, but the location is so good you're only a short walk to other restaurants. It's also a stone's throw from the beach as we ll as a short walk to the main street and bars etc.
The staff were lovely and very welcoming. I'd definitely recommend staying at the Puri Cendana if you're looking for a traditional Balinese hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Enjoyed the restaurant area only. Did not stay here, but it looked lovely. Restaurant right next to pool area, lovely gardens. Walked past on our way back to our villa from the beach. The friendliest staff who welcomed us, spoke very good English and made recommendations about what is delicious coming from the kitchen. Spot on! Beer was ice cold, wine was good and the food delicious. Not too big and not too small! Had a look at the hotel and might have to stay here next time!! Close to shops, beach is spitting distance, road not too busy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My son and I had the great pleasure of staying at the Puri Cendana 3 times over our 3 week holiday in Bali . I had friends recommend it and after much research over many weeks I am so happy I chose to stay here . The Puri Cendana opened in 1990 making it all the more unique by offering its guest a traditional Balinese experience that I'm afraid to say is becoming a thing of the past ..I found the office staff very accommodating , helpfull , efficient and friendly . I enjoyed being able to walk out the gates to be greeted by one of the very friendly Puri Cendana drivers who give a very fair price and have a great knowledge of the area and surrounds . We stayed in two rooms #11 large room with twin bed , great big bathroom and super clean , also #9 same large twin bed room with beautiful wall to floor glassed in bathroom that's very private with a walled in garden . Very affordable rates . I booked direct online and found all communications to be very prompt and easy to deal with . I have been paying $65aus p/night , very affordable . The pool area is magic set in a tropical garden paradise with crystal clear water . The garden maintenance crew are truly gifted as you can see throughout the grounds. The Puri Cendana Restaurant is outstanding ! And very consistent . A mix of Indonesian, Asian and Western ,Chefs suggestions,from the grill and fish....one of the stand out dishes for us was the BBQ Pork Spare Ribs ! Even if you don't stay at the resort you must keep this on your eat out list . The staff in the Restaurant are attentive and knowalagable and like all staff at the resort super friendly and happy to be there . The security team showed themselves to be very professional at all times . What I love most about this resort ? Is that it has Soul And it has
character .

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Hotel Puri Cendana? Share your experiences!