“We want to live in this restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Denpasar, Indonesia
“We want to live in this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We went to Rolling Fork this evening and the food was AMAZING! We had some delicious thing for starters that was pastry filled with mozzarella and the most wonderful tomato sauce, which I then followed by homemade gnocchi and finally tiramisu. The whole meal was mouthwateringly good, and we've all come away planning what we're going to have next time we visit (which will be in the next few days). The best restaurant we have been to in Bali. Thanks Rolling Fork!

• Visited June 2014

“a little Italy in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

cozy and cute italian restaurant in Seminyak and the food is great! simple but very tasteful food just like you would have in italy.

• Visited May 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“One of the best restaurants ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I am Italian, based in Malaysia since 2010 and few years ago I have been working in an Italian restaurant for about one year.
Every time I travel for work or holiday I like to try Italian restaurants, to understand how good is the food my fellow countrymen can offer abroad.
Normally what one can find in a touristic place like Bali is the typical wannabe Italian restaurant that offers the most famous pastas cooked in a non Italian way (one example is pasta carbonara made with cream or spaghetti with meatballs - nobody will ever find something like this in Italy).

Actually I was surprised to find such a fantastic food in a so small and cozy restaurant.
I have been at Rolling Fork just because some Italian friends recommended it and... I had breakfast, lunch and dinners almost everyday during my stay.
Restaurant itself is very nice and the environment is warm and friendly; nice selection of music and staff that smiles and welcomes you. Last but not least price is not expensive if compared to other western restaurants.

What is surprisingly incredible is the taste of the food !
I tried so many different ones during my 3 days stay and every single one was made simply magically.
Talking about breakfast, I tried the cake of the day (crostata with Nutella) and croissants.
Cake was very good but croissants are absolutely fantastic - I bought 10 of them as take away, they are now in my freezer in Kuala Lumpur and I am having one every morning heated up in the oven
About starters and main courses, I was impressed by the special pastas (pasta is home made) like "trofie with guanciale and zucchine", "tonnarelli cacio e pepe" and ravioli with tomato sauce: all of them were amazing.
I also had tuna tartar and the special "Panzerotto". Everything excellent.

Unluckily I haven't spent enough time in Bali to try the entire menu but I can imagine that every dish will be a great choice.
I have spoken a lot with chef Roberta: she is only 22 years old but she has a strong culinary background since her family is in F&B in Rome since many many years.
I can strongly say that she is doing a great job - the restaurant is open since only 6 months - and she can only improve more and more.

This restaurant is the proof that in order to have good Italian meals one doesn't have to go to a super expensive fine dining restaurant, but can go to a typical Italian trattoria.
Food will be better and the bill will be cheaper !
Give it a try but do it the first day you'll be in Bali: you will visit it again for sure.

• Visited May 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“I just love this great restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

My husband & l first discovered Rolling Fork in Jan & then returned in Mar.
It was close to where we stayed & we just loved the atmosphere. The beautiful Roberta is owner & head chef & is doing a wonderful job training all her staff in the kitchen as well as in the restaurant. There is always something new being added to the menu. Pop in for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a coffee & cake, you won't be disappointed. Open all day everyday. Beautiful Italian food & l agree with Marleen P you must try Grandmas meatloaf. It was great being remembered when we returned in Mar. The staff even remembered we liked sitting at the front of the restaurant so we could watch the world passing by. I would recommend this place to anyone. Keep up the good work Roberta & staff & looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“An odd little place - in the best possible way!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Though close to our villa - we've only been once during our five weeks in the area. That's not to say we won't go back before we leave! Though very tiny, and with limited seating - this place has a lot to offer. Going through their menu - it's easy to see that there's something for everyone. Very A to Z, and has a really great home cooked; yet adventurous feel. The night we went - we were the only people there (which means it was 1/3 full :-) but the chefs and (I assume) owner were busy preparing and tasting new things, which is always a good sign. Having a good time with it, and with each other. I guess that's it? There's not much to say other than it's a very cool, little place, with really good food!

• Visited April 2014