The hotel has a gorgeous pool area that leads out to the beach. We were able to leave our stuff by our pool chairs, go to the ocean for a bit, and come back and relax. It's a very short walk up the road to lots of restaurants and stores (there are so many more stores than I would have ever imagined in the Seminyak area!)
The room was huge and beautiful. We had a first-floor garden view near the pool. I'm sure the ocean-view rooms are even more impressive.
The service was wonderful -- lots of smiles everywhere.
The restaurant was quite good. The night we dined there, around 9pm, there was almost nobody there. The waiters were wonderful. The prices were quite good, given that this is a resort. It is much cheaper on the street, but the open environment, right on the pool, was wonderful.
The security is good -- they always check who's in the taxi with you when you arrive -- but not overly intrusive.
I can't think of anything I didn't enjoy during our short 2 night stay.
One thing to note, only related to the general location of the hotel, is that the traffic in Seminyak can be horrendous. It took us almost 1.5 hours to drive to Tanah Lot (about 10 miles?) at 4pm on a Saturday. It was literally quicker to walk -- we watched as people passed us several times -- all while doing their shopping. Just something to keep in mind, if you are going to go anywhere on a day-trip from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection