“Good but indeed of a upgrade” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

You added The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak Beach | PO Box 3384, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia (Formerly Sofitel Seminyak Bali)   |
Special Offer
Stay & Win!
Ranked #35 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Good but indeed of a upgrade”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from the 17th to the 21st of March. Great location. The resorts restaurants were expensive, the team were very friendly, the room I had was large but the over all amenities could do with refreshing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
theroyalmanager, Marketing Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for posting such a nice review further to your stay at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.
We are delighted to hear you had a great time.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I are Professional Conference Organisers and stayed at The Royal Beach Seminyak from 23 February - 1 March 2014. The purpose of our trip to Bali was mainly business as we did a number of hotel site inspections and we chose Royal Beach as we had not stayed in Seminyak before. The hotel is a little older than some of it's neighbours but that adds to it's charm, a beautiful Balinese style resort on the beach (not like some other hotels in the area where you could be anywhere in the world given their ultra modern design).

We (paid) to stay in a 1 bedroom beachfront Villa (Villa 104) and the villa was immaculate and amazing. The service from our butler Gede was impeccable who attended to our every need when requested. Importantly the 24 hour security here is very very good, so much so that on one evening when we returned from dinner outside the resort Gede and 2 security guards were waiting at the entrance to our villa as the Housekeeping staff during turn down noticed that the light was on in the closet where the safe was and they asked us to check to make sure nothing had been taken. Everything was fine as we just had not shut the closet door properly.

The location - right on the beach and only a short (5 minute) walk to the main shopping streets of Seminyak.

The food - breakfast was great with an extensive selection of fruit, cereals, pastries and hot food. We only had dinner once in the resort (BBQ Seafood Buffet) but again the food and experience was exceptional.

We could fault nothing about the staff and their levels of service, they were friendly and attentive.

As part of our trip we did a site inspection of this resort and the Hotel Rooms are large with a decent size balcony with good views of the tropical gardens.

We do agree, however, with other revues about the rubbish issue on the beach. It wasn't so bad on our trip but please remember this is not a fault of the resort as you will see this in varying degrees from Kuta all the way up the beach past Seminyak.

Overall a fantastic experience which reinforced our love of the island. We have already booked flights back to Bali in November and will be staying again at The Royal Beach Seminyak. Hopefully Villa 104 is available during our stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
theroyalmanager, Marketing Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for posting such a nice and complete review further to your stay at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our exclusive villa, service and location.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in November.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

After doing a lot of research on the Internet I selected The Royal Beach Seminyak. I chose the Superior (smallest) room. It was a pretty good size and included a bathtub. It was immaculately clean all the time and the air con worked perfectly. I did not have an ocean view but the garden grounds are beautiful. The beach was just a short walk.

The hotel staff are very friendly, helpful, and accommodating, and the property is meticulously maintained. There are quite a few people cleaning everything all the time and the hotel is spotless. This is a great deal. The breakfast buffet was really good with a wide selection of foods. Prices for dinner and the bar are a little high but there are many places in Seminyak to go and a half-dozen within easy walking distance. I had a fabulous time here and I highly recommend it. I've stayed in Phuket and this was nicer and less expensive, and right on the beach.

Room Tip: The lower the price the further from the beach, but we're talking about a short distance. The ga...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
theroyalmanager, Marketing Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali for your valuable holiday.
Nothing better than knowing our guest had a Memorable Moment with us.

Our staff take great proud to provide a superior service therefore I will share your comments with them.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and it would a real pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spent 4 nights at the Royal Beach Hotel in March. My job takes me to stay in many hotels so I am attempting to write a fair, balanced, but honest review of my recent short stay.

The positives: the hotel is set right on the beach, literally walk out of your room, across the gardens and you are on the sand. The landscaping is beautiful, with many mature plants making the hotel grounds feel lush and tropical. A good sized pool is the centre piece and great for lounging around, with plenty of daybeds to choose from. Service was attentive, both for refreshments and amenities like towels. Breakfast was excellent, with many choices of cuisine both western and asian. I ate a few meals at the hotel and found all of my choices tasty and well presented, with service to match the quality of the food. My first room was dark inside, so I asked to change, which was done with no fuss and clear consideration of making my request to relocate successful. Staff were always friendly and welcoming during my stay. Everywhere was clean and tidy, with the staff paying attention to details which make a hotel feel well looked after.

The negatives: At the entrance to the hotel a plaque says the Royal Beach was built as a Sofitel in 2003. Considering this makes the building only just over 10 years old my room interior felt much more dated. Finishings were tired, the amenities basic and the decor quite bare. The air conditioning was noisy, which made it hard to sleep with it on, and even turning the temperature right up to minimise the cooling didn't seem to do anything. After having looked at pictures of the hotel my expectation was something more in keeping with a Balinese style interior, which it certainly is not. In general the main hotel building is clinical and lacking features that make it either classic, contemporary or Balinese. During my stay I wanted to go to a handicraft market to get some local art and craft as souvenirs. The previous day I had been to a local place, so new exactly what I wanted to find. Based on this I asked the guest services lady for some suggestions of alternative handicraft markets. She literally had no idea, even after searching online. I then did a search myself a found another place as the second link in Google's results. So my guest services experience was poor to say the least.

Summary: This is just an average hotel. If you are paying £80 - £100 per night I think there are better appointed hotels in the area, with more authentic (local) accommodation, or a modern/contemporary feel. This hotel sits between the two alternatives. I think the overall package at The Royal Beach is not what you would expect for the money. Good, but not great.

Seminyak area: If you are visiting Bali for tropical tranquility, then do not stay here or anywhere between Canggu and Kuta. It is very busy, touristy, noisy, dirty and heavily commercialised. This is a massive contrast to the northwest of the island, which is an unspoilt tropical paradise, not yet wrecked by the heavy expansion of hotels and global tourism. Last time I stayed in Sanur, which I heard is still a peaceful place that has not been overly built up in the last 15 years. During my stay I went to Nusa Dua, which is a gated tropical garden haven on the east side of the island. There are major hotel chains to choose from, such as the Marriott or Westin, but these are nested in to landscaped grounds and totally isolated from the bustle and chaos of Kuta for example, meaning there are few shops, bars or restaurants to browse or explore.

I have to end my review with a rather sad reality. Tourism is slowly killing the island of Bali. In the last 20 years as the Balinese economy has grown via cheaper airfares and discounted holiday packages, the local infrastructure has not kept pace to support the needs of a mass influx of people to the island. The rubbish pile, beach pollution and visible sewage problem is becoming a major problem for this tiny tropical destination. We, the tourists are contributing financially to Bali's wealth by spending our money on the island, but the demand for western style services, food and amenities is not being met by the Balinese governments investment in managing the waste or recycling of paper and plastics. There is one small facility on the island, but nothing with enough capacity to deal with the growing mountain (rubbish dump) of trash. Bali is literally choking to death from the waste tourism is producing. The most evident symptom of the waste issue is the beaches. Seminyak beach stretching all the way down to Kuta has a tide line of rubbish. I was told when the winds are strong and blowing from Java a huge slick of trash appears on the western side of the island.

So if you choose Bali, please understand that all of us are contributing to this growing pollution and waste problem. Bali needs to face up to the facts and plan accordingly for the future, before the success of tourism ultimately goes full circle and starts a slow long term decline in visitors who will not tolerate the now visible rubbish problem Bali has to deal with. I will not return to this island until there are clear indications a reduction of pollution and waste management strategy is in place. It is time for Bali's government to reinvest wealth created from tourism in to better sanitation, recycling and a environmentally sustainable tourism industry.

Room Tip: Choose a room to the north side of the hotel. The rooms located nearer to reception are darker insid...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Balinese experience with us.
We very much appreciate your compliments regarding our location and service.
We have noted your comments and I have shared with the team for their awareness.
Regarding the A/C, I am deeply sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Just before I mention our amazing stay I was forwarded a trip advisor email from an Indonesian couple re security and that maybe they they felt targeted for being Asian.. My husband myself and a few friends stayed in two, 2 bedroom villas in this resort adjacent to each other it was amazing, the villa (112) was exceptional full of sun, a pool, a spa and a butler service with gede and made who provided us drinks throughout our stay... as for security issues my husband rocked up in boardies and a t-shirt to the "general managers cocktails"(which unfortunately we didn't meet the gm) my husband actually got asked for the invitation!! My mother and sister tho were not invited as they stayed in a normal room... I think they thought my husband just came off the beach maybe he didn't look the part but In life never judge a book by its cover !! I must say the cocktail event was amazing great food and real cocktails the f&b staff were there to chat and listen, no complaints at all the food now is great (a lot better than October) We r there to relax and have a good time not to be policed and judged, I appreciate the security but I found the acting gm to be an eye fluttering stuck up person that wouldn't even acknowledge us when walking by, I'm from a hospitality background and I think maybe a friendlier approach may work a little better, pity she didn't appreciate to talk to us and perhaps get a little feedback, not bad feedback at all I love this resort have been here so many times!! sometimes I think it's nice for management to listen negative or positive feedback as it does make the resort a better place for return holidaymakers looking forward to returning

• Stayed March 2014
theroyalmanager, Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Royal Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for choosing again The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali for your valuable holidays in family.
Thank you as well to take the time to leave us your comment further to your recent stay with us, appreciated by the team.
I deeply regret to hear that you left the resort with this feeling since I am really concerned by any guest feedback, especially our repeaters. Please accept my apologize and be reassured that the team and myself take your comment into consideration. As I can do always better, especially after greeting you few times during your stay and discussed with you at the management cocktail party while you even book for our Teppaniaky experience.
Again thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We hope that you will give us an other opportunity soon to show you our signature hospitality for which we are known.

Anabelle Vignon
Executive Assistant Manager
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

this was my second time there. Hotel service and hardware are improving a lot, year after year. Beach is really good, even if we swim only in the pool due to the dangerous ocean in this part of Bali. My villa was really great with private pool and fantastic service.
I hope I can come back next July during my leave and hope I can again bring my kids.
food is extremely good, a bit 'fashion food' with luxury service, as a 5 star plus hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and choosing again to stay at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your valuable holiday in one of our Exclusive Villa.

Memorable experiences are what we strive to provide day after day to our Royal guests; so your compliments are always welcomed.

I will share your comment with the staff and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for posting such a nice review.

We are looking forward to making your next visit, hopefully in July, even more pleasant than the previous ones.

Marketing Manager

Been to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!