“Hotel with large garden” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

You added The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak Beach | PO Box 3384, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia (Formerly Sofitel Seminyak Bali)   |
Special Offer
Stay 3Nights Pay 2Nights!
Ranked #36 of 113 Hotels in Seminyak
Jakarta
“Hotel with large garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

They upgraded our room to a 1 bedroom villa with a private jacuzzi. It's an amazing surprise. We really appreciated it... definitely will stay there again.. The hotel is not new but the service is excellent. The garden & the beach are well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. It's always a pleasure to receive nice comments. We are glad to know that you had a memorable time with us.

I will share your comment with the staff and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

Again we would like to thank you for choosing the Royal Beach Seminyak Bali for your valuable holiday in Bali.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous ones.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at The Royal Beach for 4 nights. On check-in, they asked for my credit card to block 200 USD as security. I know this is a usual practice in all hotels where they just swipe your card but don't deduct money from your account. The swipe is just to block some money as a security.
On check out, I cleared all my accounts and I was told that my USD 200 would be released in next couple of days. Its been 3 weeks since I visited Bali but my amount hasn't been refunded. I have been trying to contact them via calls/emails but they have not been responding well.
I never expected Hotel of this stature to do such things. On my earlier visit to Europe/UK, though all hotels blocked the amount, they never debited it from my account. This is the first Hotel that I have been to which has debited and is unwilling to return.

Aparna (aparna.tibrewal@gmail.com)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
First of all I would like to apologize regarding this inconvenience caused. Please let me express my sincerest apologies.
Further to our investigation on this case, we have discover that we didn't made any mistake by debiting your card, we only made the deposit process as always.
However, due to the bank regulations, this amount has been blocked during 14 days.

Our guest satisfaction is our main concern and we are always taking into high consideration all our Guests comments.

Again sorry for the inconvenience caused and we hope that you will give us an other opportunity to show you our superior service for which we are well known around the world.

Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am staying at room 342 and I had to put a complaint today (10/06) to get my room cleaned. I went out for a swim and lunch at 10.00 am hang the sign to clean the room, back to my room at 16.00 still not cleaned. When I called housekeeping they asked me did I put a special request? \what special request? Do I need to put one just to get my room cleaned?

Some of the equipment needed to be replaced they are too old, some are broken.

The lady behind the Guest Services is very nice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, General Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
First of all, we would like to apologize should your experience did not start as well as your previous experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
I deeply regret that you did not try to contact someone from our management yesterday before posting a review on Tripadvisor.
At MGallery we strive to provide a superior service for every guest therefore, it's always a pleasure for us to satisfy you during your stay.

Yesterday, after you reported your issue to our GSA team, they immediately shared your remark with the Head of department concerned for his personal follow up.

Our guest satisfaction is our main concern and we are always taking into high consideration all our Guests comments; that is the reason why this morning you met one of our management.

Again sorry for the inconvenience caused and we hope that you will have a memorable end of your stay with us.

Alessandro Migliore
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrived the Royal Beach Seminyak around 4pm. Check-in time was fast. The service was great. The staff were very friendly. The beach was just 4 minutes walked from our room. It was great and our kids were really impressed with this hotel and they couldn't stop asking to stay in The Royal Beach Seminyak for the next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. It's always a pleasure to receive nice comments. We are glad to know that you had a memorable time at the resort with your family.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Location is great with direct access to bolcanic black sandy beach .
Balinese decor and setting .
Villa we stayed is outdated and need refurbishing
Good size for room and bathroom
Water pressure in shower downstairs is bad.
Shower water is not hot enough
Shower head is too low for Eurpoean
No exhaust fans in toilet .
House keeping did not clean room within 3 hours of request by phone
Enough of mineral water
Lighting is not sufficient
We stayed in 2 bedroom villa , please be awareness that the TV sound from upstairs master bedroom can be heard clearly at the twin bedroom directly below .
Restaurant service and front desk staffs are friendly and efficient
For the price paid it does not provide value for money

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

First of all, I would like to apologize should your experience did not meet your expectation. I have immediately reported your comments to the head of department concerned for their awareness to prevent any future occurrence.

Please rest assured that we are taking your remarks into high consideration as we strive to provide a superior service to every guests.
On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing our resort for your holiday in Bali and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Pekanbaru, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed there using my complimentary night voucher i get from accor membership, i originally book for deluxe king bed but they gave me room upgrade for free without me asking, thanks.
My room number 221, the biggest in the block (according to the room boy who escort me), and it is a spacious room indeed, with balcony and a little view to the beach.
The toilet is clean, good service, but very bad wifi connection in room so they gave me wifi modem to put in my room.
Overall, it's an excellent place to stay with your couple or family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Royal Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post such a nice review. It's always a pleasure to receive good comments especially from Le Club members. I will share your comments with our staff as I am sure that your review will even more motivate them to continuous improving our services.

At MGallery we strive to provide day after day a superior service therefore your feedback is valuable for us.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing our resort for your holiday in Bali.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous one.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for 4 nights with our 2 children in May 2013. The villa was lovely – traditional Balinese grandeur which was showing signs of its age, but extremely well-maintained. The hotel has lovely pools and gardens, but the common areas are in need of a major renovation to bring it up to a 5-star standard and be competitive with other accommodation options in the area. However, for a beachfront resort it is very reasonably priced.

LOCATION – fabulous beachside location, but still too far away from the main shops & restaurants in Seminyak or the shopping strip of Jl. Legian to be considered convenient (we tried walking to Seminyak Square once, but after arriving red-faced and flustered after a brisk 20min walk in the humidity and heat, we vowed to taxi it only from then on!). However, it is probably this location which enables this hotel to be the most affordable beachfront hotel in Seminyak, and its location does make a good base for taxiing to all the good shops, restaurants & local attractions.

HOTEL FACILITIES & EXTERIOR – The resort pools are lovely - the larger ocean pool was a hit with our kids, and the smaller garden pool always appeared quiet & uncrowded though we didn't need to use it having our own pool in the villa. The grounds are lovely too – with meandering paths through beautifully tended gardens. As for the buildings, I was a little disappointed - this hotel really has a lot of potential, but the décor, whilst oozing old grandeur, also appeared dated & sparse, without the same attention to detail of so many other Bali hotels nowadays. It is in need of a re-vamp to get it up to the standard of all the newer hotels on the scene.

VILLA – we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa with private pool. The villa was lovely and spacious with old teak furnishings and marble floors – obviously very grand in its day, and despite its age, still very well maintained. The villa was lacking a little in natural light, again a sign of its age - not as light & bright as other more modern hotels & villas. There was a large bedroom and bathroom with huge sunken shower on the ground floor, along with a living & dining area which opened onto a terrace in front of the pool. The master bedroom and ensuite with separate shower & bath were upstairs. We had beach glimpses from this upstairs bedroom, and could hear the crashing waves of the ocean at night. There was plenty of robe space, super comfy beds, good air conditioning, and flat screen TVs with cable channels. The pool was lovely – good temperature, clean & well maintained. The villa garden was lovely too with established trees, a bale begong, and plenty of outdoor chairs to relax. Overall, the housekeeping standard was excellent and the villa always very clean.

BREAKFAST – the buffet breakfast was very good – great food with lots of variety; the kids loved the pancake bar, and the chefs at the egg bar would cook your eggs perfectly. Whilst the food was great, the service was hit and miss.

SPA – the spa was great & very reasonably priced for a hotel; we did several treatments, and our children chose some treatments from the kids spa menu too which they thoroughly enjoyed. The therapists were wonderful, and excellent with the kids too.

THINGS THE RESORT IS MISSING – unfortunately, the Royal Beach doesn’t have a kids club, tennis court, or lounge privileges (eg for villa guests), things which we missed during our stay here having enjoyed them at several other Bali resorts

STAFF – overall, the hotel staff are generally very courteous and welcoming, although there were a couple of minor things that I felt weren’t quite up to standard, and despite us staying in a villa, there was no personalized level of service which we have experienced in other resort villas.

Overall, the Royal Beach is a nice resort and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Whilst I didn’t walk away feeling particularly “won over” by it, it certainly ticks lots of boxes and is an affordable beachside hotel, only a quick taxi ride to trendy Seminyak.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post sur ch a nice and constructive comment on Tripadvisor. It's always a real pleasure to know that our Royal Guests had a memorable time in one of our exclusive villa.

I will share your comments with the teams and i am sure your remarks will motivate them to continue to provide a superior service.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for your kind comment.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back in the next future.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Been to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!