“Love at first sight.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Save Saved
You added The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak Beach | PO Box 3384, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia (Formerly Sofitel Seminyak Bali)   |
Special Offer
Stay & Win!
Ranked #35 of 101 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Love at first sight.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We wanted a relaxing holiday that allowed us to feel somewhat pampered and special.

From the minute we were picked up from the airport by the friendly Ketut we knew we had found something special.

Before leaving Australia we had read that some of the rooms and areas were being renovated and revamped. We saw none of that.
Our garden suite room on the third floor was tastefully decorated, a deliciously cool respite from the humidity with spacious rooms and all the mod cons.

Everyone else before me has raved about the pools, so I will only add that they were right. We spent two days just lazing by the ocean pool - enjoying the view, the water, the cocktails and the serene surroundings (I particularly enjoyed the banana smoothies).

Eventually we started exploring Seminyak, but it was always a pleasure to know that we could retire back to the resort each afternoon to escape the humidity and hustle bustle of city life.

Although we stayed during an important Hindu festival week, the staff were still attentive and friendly at all times. They helped us to book restaurants and massages and they could call taxis for you if you needed them (but we found that going outside for a bluebird taxi was easy enough to do ourselves).

Our breakfasts were lovely every morning and the couple of nights that we ate at the resort, we had fine meals with great views of the beach and sunset. The Balinese dinner and dance night was a particularly good night.

The Wi-Fi connection was a little sporadic at times, but we were on holidays and didn't care whether we had constant Wi-Fi or not!

My only disappointment was with how quickly our 6 days flew by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always a real pleasure to receive such nice comments. We are delighted to know that all you enjoyed our facilities, restaurant and services.

Our staff is working day after day to provide you an exclusive service ; therefore I will share your comment with them and I am sure that your review will even more motivate them to continuous improving our services.

also i have noted your comment regarding the Wifi connection and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for your kind comment.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This probably is the least expensive resort on the Seminyak beach. We stayed 3 nights there after our trip to Ubud.

Room: all rooms have balconies and at least a garden view, we asked for a high floor room (3rd is the hightest floor) for some sun light. The rooms are average but adequate. If your want more space or if u have 3 persons sharing a room, then deluxe room is a better chocie, though a superior room for the 2 of us is good enough. A/C in our room wasnt working properly, we requested and the hotel offered us to keep our room but slept in their Deluxe Room for a night. The Deluxe room is quite a bit bigger in size and have a separate shower unit.

Pools : one in the garden and the other near the beach. Taken into account the nos of rooms and villas of this resort, we found the pools are too small. The main pool area looks a bit crowded at all time of our stay. When picking a resort a good pool is always one of our main consideration, and we usually spent a lot of time by/in the pool. Unfortunately we were a bit disappointed and did not get into the pool once. Not a big problem this time, as we simply went into the sea few steps away instead.

The grounds are very nicely done and mantained and many daybeds are available around the pool area from where u can watch the sunset. We spent most of the time on the grass that was away from the crowds and thus more peaceful.

Location : very good location, on the beach, 10-15 minutes walking distance to shopping streets and some nice restaurants (Chez Gado Gado is right oppsite the main entrance of the resort)

We will stay in this resort again for the location and affordable price and hofefully we can enjoy the pool next time when its less crowded.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always a real pleasure to receive nice and constructive comments.

I have noted your remark regarding the A/C and I deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have shared your comment with our Head of department concerned for his follow up and to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Besides that, I am sorry to hear that our pool size didn't meet your expectation. I will share your comments with the staff and I am sure that your review will even more motivate them to continuous improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed 7 nights in April. On our way to spain When checking in we were offered an upgrade to beach front villa with butler for $150 / n. normally $750. It was my wife's birthday (a cake was in the room when we arrived) so we got the villa. Private pool, gazebo, courtyard, surround sound etc etc. mini bar was topped up everyday for free, butler turn down service. My wife got ill one day, the management extended our check out time to 6pm, and a little while later, the butler turned up with a basket of toast(crusts removed) and Vegemite for my wife to help her get her appetite back. Staff are superb, excellent management, breakfast is very good, tapas on Tuesday 30 courses for $14.00. Drinks, well you know what to pay for drinks in hotels, but a beautiful setting makes up for this. Who cares you're on your holidays. Will be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa by the beach.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your comment on Tripadvisor. We are pleased that you really enjoyed your stay in one of our exclusive private Villa.

I will share your comment with the staff and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing once more our resort for your holiday in Bali.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous ones.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family travel to bali at least 2 times a year sometimes 3. We have stayed in numerous resorts in bali but this one is a real winner!!! This was one of the most well run and friendly resorts we have every been to, the hotel staff go out of their way to make your staff enjoyable, even to the extent to coming by and saying "hello hope you r enjoying your stay", "is there is anything I can do for you" etc. etc, the two most amazing staff members were Tika and Gede they were wonderful and attended to our every need (not that we needed much as everything was avail, the attention to detail was spot on) We were lucky enough to have a tour of the different villa's the royal had to offer, every one of them were amazing, modern bali design and each had its own special something, One major plus with this resort where the restaurants, the food was incredible, many people told us to visit mama sun, sarong etc which we did but we didn't see any point to venture out in the end as the food was excellent at the Hotel. The Royal Bali is far superior to any potato head and alike as it has a great beach bar its very laid back with super cool lounges (right on the beach) and they have amazing live entertainment most nights during happy hour 5 -7pm where you can just chill out and watch the sun go down. The Buffets where "Designer Buffets" every dish on offer was a delight, book early as the tables on the beach are limited, nothing like sinking your toes into the sand while eating an amazing dinner... We were lucky enough to stay in a villa that opened up to a rolling great lawn that led out to the sand and ocean, we had a cracking 1 m wave at the doorstep. I must mention the bed it was like sleeping on a cloud we were lost in their wonderful pillows :) I'm looking forward to returning in the very near future to this great resort....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice and detailed review. It's always a real pleasure to receive such enthusiastic comments. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities, services and location.

At MGallery we strive to provide a superior service; therefore your feedback are very important for us.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've just returned from a 3 night stay in a superior room . The hotel itself is awesome , beautiful grounds 2 great pools , one located in the garden which is relaxing and very quiet or alternatively theres the larger pool on the beach side with great daybeds , bar and everything you need . Its so nice to go to a hotel where every thing is an easy process from checking in , ordering lunch pool side or wanting a second flat white at breakfast , the breakfast is really good they have everything covered , you can relax and take your time . The rooms are spacious clean with a great comfy bed , towels are fluffy great amenities . I really can't fault this hotel location is fab , we walked to kudeta and la lucciola for lunch and dinner . We went as a couple but there was plenty of families in the hotel too with lots of kids activities .

Room Tip: If travelling with small kids request ground floor room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali for your valuable holiday in Bali. It's always a real pleasure to receive such nice comments. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just got back from a 5 night stay in a Deluxe room. The room was nice and clean- not AMAZING but perfectly adequate. The best bit was the king bed... extremely soft and comfy- unlike the standard hard as a board beds that most of Asia seem to love. Room had Foxtel and plenty of Aussie shows, footy etc for moments you felt like lazing in the room. We LOVED the garden pool- hardly anyone there- it was very deep and partly shaded- but nice, warm water. There was no bar there, but they would bring you drinks if you ordered at the other pool. The main pool was also fun, right on the beach. The beach itself is covered in hot, black sand. Not bad for a swim (only a small amount of rubbish that I saw) but wear your thongs down to the water's edge or risk scalded feet! Staff were friendly but a few of my friends were annoyed by the constant interruptions to our breakfast by people trying to sell tours, dinners and spa treatments. It was a bit like they had a daily quota they had to meet- or else! I didn't bother with the spa- it looked a bit grubby and over priced. I walked past a few times and could see right in to where people were half naked getting massages! Spa Bali is just down the road and MUCH better. Other than that, the breakfasts were AMAZING. Fantastic variety... we especially loved the waffles... shame they weren't available every day as they were the BEST- very fresh and hot off the press! The piano players at breakfast also added a nice touch. The food and cocktails at the pool (and mini bar) were pretty good as well- not too hideously priced considering the resort! Location is a short walk to a few bars, shops, spas and restaurants. Cabs are a cheap way to travel further into Seminyak also. Overall, a lovely, relaxing stay and I will return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always a real pleasure to receive such nice comments. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our facilities, services and location.

I have noted your comment regarding the presence of staff during the breakfast and i would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will immediately share your remark with the head of department to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Royal Beach Hotel and we loved it. It was our first time to Bali and I was a little anxious about what to expect. The rooms were spacious and the air conditioning worked amazingly. Breakfast was everything you could think of.

The pools were lovely and overlooking the sunset on the beach with cocktails were amazing. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. I used the dayspa as well and it was lovely.

We at dinner at the resturant and also ordered room service all of which were lovely and fresh.
We loved the location for us as we didnt want to be right in Kuta and we were close enough to the action.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and taking the time to post such a nice comment on TripAdvisor. Nothing better than knowing that our Royal Guests enjoyed their holiday with us.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Been to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!