“enjoyable stay marred by the poor air conditioning” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Save Saved
You added The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Expedia.com Agoda.com
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak Beach | PO Box 3384, Seminyak, Kuta, Bali 80033, Indonesia (Formerly Sofitel Seminyak Bali)   |
Special Offer
Explore Bali Lombok Deal!
Ranked #32 of 82 hotels in Seminyak
A TripAdvisor Member
“enjoyable stay marred by the poor air conditioning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We took advantage of the good discount offered by accor for stays during the chinese new year period and it turned out to be a correct choice. The hotel was in a good location with shops located nearby. We took one deluxe and one superior. The deluxe was beautiful but the air conditioning was so poorly maintained that you only seem to feel hot air blowing especially at night.
One guy from housekeeping looked at it and maintained there was nothing wrong despite me contending otherwise. He further cliamed that the temperature is maintained at 23 which i found unbelievable especially in the sweltering heat in Bali at this point of time. The kids were struggling to sleep and i should probably have requested for another room instead of remaining in the same room.
Othrwise, the staffs were courteous and the service was fast. The buffet breakfast was good but selection of bread, pastries and cakes needed improvement. I would think that like any other hotels, this hotel would cater for vegetarians but i was wrong. The hotel should look at catering for those who may not consume pork and beef and offer more seafood and chicken. It would be good if the hotel opens more restaurants offering chinese and indian cuisine as well as a deli since there are very limited options at present with the japanese restaurant being the exception.
The pool was nice and the kids really enjoyed themselves. The service at the spa was excellent- the staffs went out of their way to ensure my daughter enjoyed her flower bath. A special thanks to them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you had a memorable moment at the Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

Regarding your experience with the air condition, I am deeply sorry to hear that the condition didn't met your expectation. I have immediately shared your comment with the head of department concerned for his follow up.

Also, I have noted your comments and suggestions regarding the vegetarians meals to take this one into consideration.

Our staff is working day after day to provide you an exclusive service ; therefore I will share your comment with them and I am sure that your review will even more motivate them to continuous improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for your kind comment.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back in the next future.

1,226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I originally booked into a deluxe room at the Royal Beach and arrived late the first night. The deluxe rooms (and I assume superior as well) are in the older wing (overlooks another hotel - to the left of the reception if you're facing the beach) and I was booked on the 3rd level. The room facilities were a bit tired for the price you were paying $170/n and the air-conditioning was not really keeping the room cool.
I contacted the reception the next day and said I wasn't really happy and whether they could find something better, (it's a lot to pay if its not the same standard you expect from Accor) and they upgraded me to a grand deluxe room.
This is what I expected having stayed in many Mercure, Sofitel etc chains of the Accor group around the globe. The aircon was great, room was better and closer to being fair value for the price.
Grand Deluxe or better and this will be a great experience for you.

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's always a real pleasure to receive constructive comments. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Grand Deluxe room.

We are looking forward to welcoming your back in the next future.

Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The resort is beautiful, great pool, and right on the beach......the breakfast is yummy...everything is 3 times what you will pay off the resort...my suggestion would be to stay here, but to not eat here...drinks are super speedy in comparison. The service is very OK...NOT great...people are nice, but I think we got spoiled at Komenaka in Ubud...NOTHING compares to there..... Make sure if u stay here you walk the beach, eat at the cute little places on the beach that are super yummy..... Our room air conditioner here was not great..and yellow water from the tub.... Not ideal, but we r in Bali after all....;)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Royal Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. we are pleased to see that you enjoyed our location and great pools.

I have noted your comments regarding the air condition and i will immediately informed the head of department concerned for his awareness and further cation.
I will share your comment with the staff as well and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing once more our resort for your holiday in Bali.

We are looking forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the previous ones.

Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed 2 weeks at the hotel and was a bit disappointed. The couch in my room smelled so bad, I could not sit in it. They moved me but then I had bad WiFi so I had to move a third time. The rooms are a bit run down but the staff is really nice. The grounds are very maintained and the pool is really nice. I just wish the room accomodations were better. Not sure I would choose to stay there again. The menu was very limited and wish there was better selection.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay did not entirely meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have noted your different comments that I will immediately share them with the head of departments concerned for their awareness and follow up to avoid any occurrence in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and it's our hope that you will give us an other opportunity to show you our high standard services for which we are know around the World.

Yours sincerely,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Beautiful resort , in wonderful gardens, right on the beach , two lovely pools... I loved the green garden pool. My room was fine and on the third level with a view of the gardens , the bed was very comfortable, and the staff were helpful , I had a problem with the internet and they sent a IT person to my room to sort it out immediately. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Dear Royal Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. Nothing better than knowing our Royal Guests enjoyed their holiday with us.

However, I would like to apologize regarding the Internet inconvenience caused but I am happy to read that our team quickly fixed the matter.

On behalf of the whole team I would like to thank you again for choosing our resort for your holiday in Bali.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Been to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!