“The perfect Bali luxury experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Save Saved
You added The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak Beach | PO Box 3384, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia (Formerly Sofitel Seminyak Bali)   |
Ranked #34 of 94 hotels in Seminyak
Brisbane, Australia
“The perfect Bali luxury experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Royal Bali Beach (formerly Sofitel) is a large property on expansive and beautifully manicured grounds, directly fronting Seminyak beach and within walking distance or short cab ride from a wide selection of shops restaurants and nightlife choices. The property is built in the older Bali style with lots of stone and timber with loads more character than some of its more contemporary counterparts, and has been beautifully maintained/ refurbished in keeping with its 5 star rating.

Regretfully, only had the opportunity to stay 1 night here recently, however the hotel did not disappoint on any level. Check in was a speedy affair with staff here, as in all areas of the hotel, polished, professional and charming. Kadek at the front desk is typical of the staff and a great ambassador for this property. We stayed in a superior room, while not huge, was well appointed with excellent bathroom and a small balcony overlooking the central garden areas. As the property is expansive, some rooms can be quite a way from reception and pool areas, so it may be something to keep in mind if this could be a problem.

The main restaurant overlooks the large main pool area which in turn leads directly on to the beach. At night the pool area is a fantastic place for couples or groups to relax in the intimate cushioned cabanas adjacent to the pool bar. A great way to end a relaxing day!

Breakfast is served in the main restaurant area and lives up to the Accor reputation with a wide range of choices, well prepared and excellent coffee.

Very difficult to fault this property. A quality hotel that is perfectly positioned, very well managed and runs like clockwork with excellent staff.

Would thoroughly recommend it as the classic Bali experience and I'll certainly be back!

Room Tip: If you are looking for the ultimate experience, and budget permits, check out the 1,2 & 3 bedroo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
theroyalmanager, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

I am so pleased you chose to stay with us in a short visit, and it is wonderful news that you enjoyed this special occasion.

Thank you for your very kind comments about the team and I have shared your review with everyone today and it truly does mean a lot to the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and we will have the classic Bali experience waiting for you!

Thank you again for writing about us.

1,365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just returned from 10 day Christmas holiday at this lovely Balinese style resort. Beautiful gardens and excellent pool area. We had booked 2 side-by-side rooms and had to move after first night due to air conditioning problem in one room. This was attended to promptly by staff and resolved with the minimum of fuss. In fact, one of the best things about the resort is the staff - friendly and welcoming without exception. Good mix of couples and families. Right on beach front - lovely place to sit and enjoy cocktails whilst watching the sun go down.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

It was very nice to read your very kind comments following your stay with us.

We are all delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas holiday in our resort, and even more delighted that you will be returning to see us again in the future.

You were very kind about the team, and I have shared your feedback with everyone today. Thank you and it makes a real difference when we know that guests enjoy staying with us.

I hope to meet you in person on your next visit at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Spent 12 days at this lovely hotel for Christmas with friends. The hotel is spacious and is set on several hectares of tropical garden. As this hotel is set on a tropical gardens you will meet wildlife and its a wonderful sight to see - lizards, squirrels, frogs, crabs. The hotel has a lovely Balinese charm and the staff are wonderful and will go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. Housekeeper Susi was so lovely and kept my room spotless. Requested garden view room on the ground floor and it was a large room with a balcony. The balcony overlooked the pond and got to feed the fish every morning. Breakfast was fantastic and have never had issues with the Accor MGallery regarding breakfast. The hotel is reasonable price that you can enjoy meals at the restaurants, room service and not felt like it broke the bank. The hotel has 2 pools and even during this busy period the hotel did not feel cramped, overcrowded - very spacious.

We've dined at Capri, ordered room service and snacks at the pool. Food was great but excepted to have a different menu for the restaurant Capri.

The only disadvantage is that its a fair distance to walk from the hotel to Legian street. Shops or mini mart are several blocks away but you can always catch a cab. Do not catch cabs waiting outside the hotel they will not put the meter on and double the rates.

Room Tip: We loved the garden rooms overlooking the pond to watch the wildlife at play and feeding the fish.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali, and I am delighted that you enjoyed our pools, garden, the spa and all services and found the team to be helpful.

I very much appreciate your kind comments about the service, which I will be very happy to share with the team.

Thank you again for writing about us and I hope to meet you in person very soon.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This resort was recommended by our travel agent and was perfect for us. We had a superior room - but as had been suggested we would, we spent all our time using the resort facilites so the room was fine. It had a great bed, an air conditioner that could stay on even when the key was out, and a balcony with a garden view. The whole facility felt 1st class, staff did everything posible to please from sourcing alternative cooking classes when the resort one was unavailable to wearing Santa hats for Christmas. The restaurants were great - we enjoyed a wonderful beachside Christmas dinner BBQ. The vista from the pool to the beach was exactly the perfect setting for our holiday. We enjoyed many cocktails (including over happy hour) enjoying that vista. The location with the ability to walk into Seminyak or Legion either past the shops or along the beach was also ideal. We were fist time visitors to Bali & couldn't have been happier.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for writing about us following your stay and it is wonderful news that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

We are all absolutely delighted that you relished such a memorable happy hour in the pool overlooking the sunset and a wonderful Christmas dinner in our restaurant.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future, and in the meantime I send you my warmest wishes from The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

By accident, we stayed at the Royal over Christmas and loved it so much we were sad to leave.
The gardens and pools are 1st class.
The staff could not be faulted, nor could the facilities, even the security staff were 1st rate and made you feel safe in an unobtrusive way. I agree with earlier reviews that the hotel drivers are great value and would prefer them over a haggling taxi.
The food and rooms were of a very high standard and housekeeping superb.
My wife and I both agreed we would be back, but next time longer because you tend to enjoy the hotel too much.
The spa is also very good value.
We could not fault The Royal Beach.

Karyn & Stephen
Gosford NSW

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your incredibly positive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas holidays with us, and also I shall pass on your kind comments to my team.

It is also wonderful that you enjoyed our facilities in our resort, and in this respect please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order that I can personally oversee your arrangements to ensure a wonderful visit.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the resort in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights with a family including teenagers. This is a beautifully laid out and designed hotel, with fantastic gardens and 2 great pools. The hotel respects the beach and does not intrude like others nearby. The food was good , and the public eating areas nice to be in in. Breakfast was excellent with something for everyone . It is not the flashiest or most fancy, but that, to me, is its appeal. The standard rooms are just fine with adequate room. There are shops and restaurants just up the road. Very minor gripe about the room aircon, which had a mind of its own. Thoroughly recommend

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I shared your feedback with the team and everyone is delighted that you enjoyed your visit in our beautiful resort. It is so motivational for the team to know when guests enjoy their experience.

I very much hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon, and in this respect, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to let me know about your experience. We shall look forward to welcoming you on your return at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

Darwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My recent visit was the best hotel experience I have had in Indonesia over
17 trips in 8 years. The interactions with the staff were just so friendly and they made our trip.

I had originally booked 2 nights only with 1 free night included as an Accor Advantage Plus Member. Our travel plans were then to stay a further 2 nights at the Ibis Styles Benoa in Nusa Dua, again with 1 free night courtesy of Accor Advantage Plus.

The Ibis definitely did not meet my expectations! As such, after less than an hour I checked out and returned to The Royal Beach Seminyak where we were warmly greeted by Win (duty manager) and given the same room (upgraded) we had for the original 2 nights. All staff my fiancée and I encountered were extremely professional but also warm and friendly. We enjoyed many conversations with a lot of the hotel staff who were outstanding in accommodating many requests.

Chef Willy prepared a beautiful Christmas Eve dinner. The food throughout our 4 night stay was of a consistently high standard. The breakfast buffet was a nice change fromt he normal hotels in Bali, The Royal buffet was fresh with a wide variety of choice. Western hot, Asian hot, European, cereal, fruit, egg station with an egg dish of the day was awesome, they even had vegemite. We were still so close to everything in Seminyak so it was very convenient but we still felt like a world away from everything.

The room (378) we had was a corner suite and had lovely views of the treeline and sky - great sunsets. It was a bit of a hike to and from but it was also very quiet as it was next to the area where the villas were.

Pool area was busy but there was plenty of seating available, pool wasn't huge but had plenty of little areas to have some of your own space. Great to stroll down to the beach and not a lot of hawkers on the sand.

We had a knock on the door on Christmas Eve and were delighted to get a little gift from the hotel. Well done on an exceptionally well run hotel with fantastic people. I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: It's a big resort so ask for a room close to the pool
Dear Royal Guest,

I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon, and in this respect please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order that I can personally oversee your arrangements to ensure a wonderful visit.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Been to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!