“The Royal Beach Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

You added The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak Beach | PO Box 3384, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia (Formerly Sofitel Seminyak Bali)   |
Special Offer
Stay & Win!
Ranked #35 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Gosford, Australia
“The Royal Beach Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

By accident, we stayed at the Royal over Christmas and loved it so much we were sad to leave.
The gardens and pools are 1st class.
The staff could not be faulted, nor could the facilities, even the security staff were 1st rate and made you feel safe in an unobtrusive way. I agree with earlier reviews that the hotel drivers are great value and would prefer them over a haggling taxi.
The food and rooms were of a very high standard and housekeeping superb.
My wife and I both agreed we would be back, but next time longer because you tend to enjoy the hotel too much.
The spa is also very good value.
We could not fault The Royal Beach.

Karyn & Stephen
Gosford NSW

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your incredibly positive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas holidays with us, and also I shall pass on your kind comments to my team.

It is also wonderful that you enjoyed our facilities in our resort, and in this respect please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order that I can personally oversee your arrangements to ensure a wonderful visit.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the resort in the near future.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights with a family including teenagers. This is a beautifully laid out and designed hotel, with fantastic gardens and 2 great pools. The hotel respects the beach and does not intrude like others nearby. The food was good , and the public eating areas nice to be in in. Breakfast was excellent with something for everyone . It is not the flashiest or most fancy, but that, to me, is its appeal. The standard rooms are just fine with adequate room. There are shops and restaurants just up the road. Very minor gripe about the room aircon, which had a mind of its own. Thoroughly recommend

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I shared your feedback with the team and everyone is delighted that you enjoyed your visit in our beautiful resort. It is so motivational for the team to know when guests enjoy their experience.

I very much hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon, and in this respect, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to let me know about your experience. We shall look forward to welcoming you on your return at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

Darwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My recent visit was the best hotel experience I have had in Indonesia over
17 trips in 8 years. The interactions with the staff were just so friendly and they made our trip.

I had originally booked 2 nights only with 1 free night included as an Accor Advantage Plus Member. Our travel plans were then to stay a further 2 nights at the Ibis Styles Benoa in Nusa Dua, again with 1 free night courtesy of Accor Advantage Plus.

The Ibis definitely did not meet my expectations! As such, after less than an hour I checked out and returned to The Royal Beach Seminyak where we were warmly greeted by Win (duty manager) and given the same room (upgraded) we had for the original 2 nights. All staff my fiancée and I encountered were extremely professional but also warm and friendly. We enjoyed many conversations with a lot of the hotel staff who were outstanding in accommodating many requests.

Chef Willy prepared a beautiful Christmas Eve dinner. The food throughout our 4 night stay was of a consistently high standard. The breakfast buffet was a nice change fromt he normal hotels in Bali, The Royal buffet was fresh with a wide variety of choice. Western hot, Asian hot, European, cereal, fruit, egg station with an egg dish of the day was awesome, they even had vegemite. We were still so close to everything in Seminyak so it was very convenient but we still felt like a world away from everything.

The room (378) we had was a corner suite and had lovely views of the treeline and sky - great sunsets. It was a bit of a hike to and from but it was also very quiet as it was next to the area where the villas were.

Pool area was busy but there was plenty of seating available, pool wasn't huge but had plenty of little areas to have some of your own space. Great to stroll down to the beach and not a lot of hawkers on the sand.

We had a knock on the door on Christmas Eve and were delighted to get a little gift from the hotel. Well done on an exceptionally well run hotel with fantastic people. I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: It's a big resort so ask for a room close to the pool
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for writing about us following your stay and it is wonderful news that you enjoyed your stay at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

I very much appreciate your kind comments about the service, which I will be very happy to share with the team.

I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon, and in this respect please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order that I can personally oversee your arrangements to ensure a wonderful visit.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future, and in the meantime I send you my warmest wishes from The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our Room, 122 was large, clean and very comfortable with all amenities provided.
Reception on arrival quick and professional.
All staff professional with good english skills and very friendly with genuine smiles on their faces.
Pool massive and great to view the beach.
All Hotel meals above average and position of hotel is close to all shops and other gourmet restaurants.
Gym is perfect for holiday use.
I will return.

Room Tip: No need, all are in a great position.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

When we booked online the hotel took a double payment .
When it was brought to their attention they agreed they had and said they would do a refund immediately.
So far we have not received a refund and I am starting to doubt the integrity of the hotels management.
As a member of the Accor group of hotels I am surprised they could be so careless in their management.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
theroyalmanager, General Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Sir, Madame, first of all I do apologize for the late response.
we usually process immediately any refund and we also keep inform directly the guest via email.
It is not our custom to hold any payment which went into our system just because of the fact something went wrong through the transaction.
Usually the refund can take up to maximum 3 weeks and depends on the period it is happening as well. During the actual Holiday season may need more time but for sure the refund is being processed from our side.
Hope while I am replying to You the fund is already in your account. Thank You for you understanding
bronte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Have stayed here a few times and found it to "tick the boxes". Its smallest rooms are a bit of a squeeze however the next size up are perfect. I love the pool area with the beach in the background and shaded deck chairs - that works well. The gym is a bit ordinary and could do with an update. The breakfast service is a little less flash than other 5 star resorts however is adequate. The location and situation are excellent. Overall, a notch or 2 below the other 5 star resorts in Seminyak however its probably a bit cheaper - nonetheless it is still a great place to hang about and relax.

Room Tip: the 48 sq m rooms are much better than the 40 sq m rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It has been a pleasure to receive a constructive feedback from you.

We have passed on this valuable feedback to the related team in order to provide better service in the future. Moreover, we thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience encountered during your stay at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and we shall look forward to welcoming you on your return at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Been to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!