We had a wonderful stay with no problems in our 5 day stay in November 2012. on our arrival we were greeted with cold towels and a welcome drink. The high point of our check in was the free room upgrade from the standard superior to the deluxe :)
The rooms were huge. Super comfy beds. The air con effective - though the weather while our visit was very humid. The rooms do need a revamp. Some stuff like the flooring did look old. But otherwise, the rooms were well done, clean, the bathroom was well stocked with toiletries which were topped up regularly.
The hotel offers complementary 2 bottles of mineral water every day and one can request for more w/o any charges.
The rooms have a mini bar, tea/coffee supplies, hair dryer, locker and most amenities that a 4.5 - 5 star offers.
The gardens are wonderful. LOvely water lily and fish in the garden pond. There are two swimming pools, one is the garden pool - much among the greenery and the beach pool which is the main pool and overlooks the beach strip.
The shops/restaurants on the beach are stone throw away. So, catching the sun set from the resort or any of the bean-bag beach place was very easy.
The Caprice bar overlooking the beach pool had a 50% happy hour from 5-7 in the evening, so the pool mostly sees a lot of people then. Quite lively. The drinks at the bar were nice. MY pick is the Bluberry mojito. For non-alcoholic drink the fresh coconut was a refresher.
The other restaurants in the resort are - Husk - it serves the breakfast buffet. Buffet was sumptuous with a spread to offer to all. Local dishes, and international breakfast. there is a egg and pancake/waffle station as well. The egg and pancake station had their daily specials. Dinner at Husk was nice too. They served a mango - chocolate ravioli as a dessert which was innovative :)
Caprice which is the bar restaurant also had yumm food. They have a low calorie menu too. Good place to catch lunch.
There was a Japanese restaurant too where we did not go.
The resort has themed nights which are good value for the variety. The beach barbecue was quite nice.
The hotel had a meeting/entertainment lounge - with a WII corner! + library which has a good book selection. I borrowed some books. Good place to keep kid busy when not in pool.
The hotel help desk assisted up in booking our day tours around Seminyak.
The negative of the place was that the internet connection in our room was weak and sometimes we did not have one at all :( The reception told up that it was a hotel wide problem that they were working on. Though the public areas did have OK internet.
All in all a great place with good value for money right on the beach! Will be back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection