“Taking Time Out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Save Saved
You added The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak Beach | PO Box 3384, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia (Formerly Sofitel Seminyak Bali)   |
Ranked #33 of 91 hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Taking Time Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Excellent location, hotel itself is a little dated, but clean and functional with great service and pleasant staff. Breakfast is excellent with fairly decent coffee. I only ate at the hotel once and had the Teppanyaki which was excellent, overall food and drink prices are a little high for Bali. The hotel is surrounded by most of Bali's best bars and restaurants as well as beach clubs. Hotel has a main pool and a more private garden pool. Overall, it is an oasis and very quiet and relaxing with access to excellent surf beach. An idyllic spot and hotel has many pluses, just a little too expensive for what it is and could do with a lot more entertainment/activities options onsite, otherwise very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
theroyalmanager, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the service, the pools and the rooms. It is also great that you were able to enjoy the Teppanyaki menu in our lovely restaurant.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali and in the meantime thank you again for your visit and your review.

Yours Sincerely,

1,333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The only good thing was the location!

The rooms were larger than usual, but looking very tired. The air conditioning was faulty and we sweated the first night. But granted they fixed it as soon as we rang them of the problem
We had a problem with toilet, didnt flush very well or at all!

As soon as we got to our room I asked if we could change rooms as yes indeed as another reviewer said, the room was way too far from the restaurant, pool and beach!

I had a look at Breezes hotel a few hundred metres up and that looked much nicer and at half the price - the only thing it didnt have a beach front. But you could go down to the Royal Beach for that!

If you go to this hotel for business, dont! The internet connectivity didnt connect very well or at all! My husband tried all parts of the hotel and to no success. The business room had a PC and printer, but exceedingly slow

I find the people at all hotels in Bali are friendly and always smiling. Some of the staff at the hotel smiled, but somehow there was no sincerity!

And what really upset me I guess and perhaps reflects on my poor review. When we arrived they had a double booking for us, and were going to make us pay for the second booking! (I did cancel that one booking and even emailed them directly a few days before we arrived to ensure there was only one booking. I had to pracitcally argue with them! And said to them we are here for our anniversary, why would we want two rooms! They made me go to their business room to get a print out of this proof! Which i spent about 30 mins trying to retrieve and print as the internet speed was so slow! I finally gave them a printout and as they had to check with the Manager to see if they would waive the second booking . I went back to the front desk to see what the manager said (after a few hours) and he came out, but did not receive my printout, so had to go back to find it! He apologised and did waive the cancellation fee! And said he had hoped that this miscommunication with the 'accor' group didnt mar our anniversary holiday.
And that was it! An apology! as an acknowledgement of our anniversary!

We spent the first few days at the Holiday Inn and they were aware of our anniversary and all departments showered us with gifts! The General Manager I think organised as I got to meet him on the grounds (and we had a discussion on Champagne and he promptly emailed me some info the next day!) We also got anniversary cake; and room service made swans out of towels and we got many cards as well. I will be posting a good review of the Holiday inn Baruna in the next few days. (I cant believe a reviewer stayed there the same time as us and were very spoilt and even given an upgrade)

Anyway, other than the location, and the breakfast was nice. Dont go for the internet connection (I didnt mind, but my husband for his work needs to be connected) or the warmth especially of the front desk staff. (another couple overheard our dilemma over the double booking and they too commented that the front staff werent very helpful!

Stay at Breezes - you can still use the restaurant/pool bar services and the beach front at half the cost - and they were all smiles and good mornings when I went to check out their hotel and spa room

YES the hotel did put a damper on our anniversary honeymoon.

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It has been a pleasure to receive a constructive feedback from you.

I am deeply sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, especially on the services and facilities, and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Regarding to the Internet connectivity, we had some maintenance due to the problem from the server, and therefore we do apologize for this inconvenience.

On the behalf of management, I would like to apologize deeply if there was an unpleasant communication or the gesture from our team to you. We would remain keep the services in high standard and we thank you for your valuable feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience encountered during your stay at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali. We have passed on this valuable feedback to the related team in order to provide better service in the future.

I hope there is a chance to serve you again in the near future, please feel free to let me know and I will assure for the best attention during your stay.

We look forward to hear from you and welcoming you again on your return at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

Yours Sincerely,

Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

one week in bali at the royal beach, the staff is very friendly! the garden and the pool beautiful.
we enjoy the cook and the variety of the breakfast.
the spa is very pleasant whatever it's need some works of embellishment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali, and I am delighted that you enjoyed our pools, garden, the spa and all services and found the team to be helpful.

I very much appreciate your kind comments about the service, which I will be very happy to share with the team.

Thank you again for writing about us and I hope to meet you in person very soon.

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The good: - this was our second stay here and we love the location and think the beach facing property for the price represents great value in Seminyak now. The pool area and grounds are lovely. We especially enjoyed lazing on the beds at the grassed area just behind the beach. The food and drinks from the pool bar were pretty good, especially the pizza.

We had a deluxe room on the second floor. Room is a good size and very comfortable and quiet. The bed is exceptionally comfortable and we slept very well over our 5 night stay.

The bad: - As mentioned previously, the bathrooms. They look very tired and a little grimy. Our shower flooded after 2 minutes use, with dirty soapy water sloshing around the toilet. This was fixed but gives you an idea that the bathrooms do not match the standard of the rest of the hotel. We weren't offered a renovated room, nor did we see any evidence of renovations going on, but if they do fix up the rooms we would consider coming back, otherwise no way.

Breakfast quickly got boring despite a good selection. The hot food was not that great, the coffee terrible (asked for caffe latte which was undrinkable). The pastries definitely the highlight.

The ugly: - surprisingly the staff. Some were great, but we were dissapointed by the reception staff. Trying to get a 2 hour check out extension proved impossible for them. I know late checkouts are difficult to manage, but asking for a check out at 2pm shouldn't be such an issue. When we did check out (at 1pm), I wanted to park my bike near the foyer for 2 minutes while I loaded the wife and luggage into a taxi. The concierge and security guy were so unpleasant and almost agressive about it and were most inflexible, forcing me to park down by the road, walk up, pack the taxi and walk back down again. I just didn't see the need for such treatment and it ensured that we left the hotel with an unpleasant feeling.

A real shame because the hotel is overall not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking the garden pool would be the pick.
Dear Royal Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, especially on the late checkout and the services, and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At M Gallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer and therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. We shall look forward to welcoming you on your return at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali.

conjola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in a Grande Deluxe room. This hotel has lovely gardens and a wonderful beachfront position. Breakfast is fantastic. There are two pool areas and whilst the beachfront pool is very popular, we preferred the quieter garden pool, still big enough for a few laps each morning and much quieter during the day. The villas looked wonderful! I commend the hotel policy of not allowing people to reserve their daybeds by leaving towels etc on them early in the morning, well done to management!
Now on the down side! The hotel is in the higher price range and therefore guests expect a certain standard of room. Our room number was 177, whilst the room is quite large and the bathroom is marble, the overall finish in this room is fairly ordinary. Sink was coming away from surround and the decor was nothing short of drab, a good shot of color and some art work on the naked walls would make a huge difference and create a much nicer ambience. Perhaps we just got unlucky and were allocated an older room which had not been recently renovated, but for the price the standard of room was a let down. The management need to review this particular room/s( Grande Deluxe) as we believe an update to the decor and presentation is required to warrant the higher price tag asked by the MGallery Collection.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Public Relations Manager at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali, and I am delighted that you enjoyed our pools, garden and all services.

We are currently working on plans for improvements to the hotel that will address some of the points you have mentioned. Following that, I have immediately reported your comment to the Head of Department concerned for her awareness and further action to prevent any occurrence in the future.

At MGallery our aim is to always exceed our guests’ expectations, and therefore your comment is very essential for us.

I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back shortly, and in this respect please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order that I can personally oversee your arrangements to ensure a wonderful visit.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us and we shall look forward to welcoming you on your return.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Been to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!