The only good thing was the location!
The rooms were larger than usual, but looking very tired. The air conditioning was faulty and we sweated the first night. But granted they fixed it as soon as we rang them of the problem
We had a problem with toilet, didnt flush very well or at all!
As soon as we got to our room I asked if we could change rooms as yes indeed as another reviewer said, the room was way too far from the restaurant, pool and beach!
I had a look at Breezes hotel a few hundred metres up and that looked much nicer and at half the price - the only thing it didnt have a beach front. But you could go down to the Royal Beach for that!
If you go to this hotel for business, dont! The internet connectivity didnt connect very well or at all! My husband tried all parts of the hotel and to no success. The business room had a PC and printer, but exceedingly slow
I find the people at all hotels in Bali are friendly and always smiling. Some of the staff at the hotel smiled, but somehow there was no sincerity!
And what really upset me I guess and perhaps reflects on my poor review. When we arrived they had a double booking for us, and were going to make us pay for the second booking! (I did cancel that one booking and even emailed them directly a few days before we arrived to ensure there was only one booking. I had to pracitcally argue with them! And said to them we are here for our anniversary, why would we want two rooms! They made me go to their business room to get a print out of this proof! Which i spent about 30 mins trying to retrieve and print as the internet speed was so slow! I finally gave them a printout and as they had to check with the Manager to see if they would waive the second booking . I went back to the front desk to see what the manager said (after a few hours) and he came out, but did not receive my printout, so had to go back to find it! He apologised and did waive the cancellation fee! And said he had hoped that this miscommunication with the 'accor' group didnt mar our anniversary holiday.
And that was it! An apology! as an acknowledgement of our anniversary!
We spent the first few days at the Holiday Inn and they were aware of our anniversary and all departments showered us with gifts! The General Manager I think organised as I got to meet him on the grounds (and we had a discussion on Champagne and he promptly emailed me some info the next day!) We also got anniversary cake; and room service made swans out of towels and we got many cards as well. I will be posting a good review of the Holiday inn Baruna in the next few days. (I cant believe a reviewer stayed there the same time as us and were very spoilt and even given an upgrade)
Anyway, other than the location, and the breakfast was nice. Dont go for the internet connection (I didnt mind, but my husband for his work needs to be connected) or the warmth especially of the front desk staff. (another couple overheard our dilemma over the double booking and they too commented that the front staff werent very helpful!
Stay at Breezes - you can still use the restaurant/pool bar services and the beach front at half the cost - and they were all smiles and good mornings when I went to check out their hotel and spa room
YES the hotel did put a damper on our anniversary honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection