For an easy first half of our Bali holiday - we wanted to stay somewhere that offered good value for money, was an established hotel with a good reputation and lovely grounds, a big pool and a little bit of vibe.
Our choice at this hotel was on the money and just what we were looking for!
Our room was lovely, spacious and well kept, however, the bathroom was a little tired, but renovations over the years seem to have kept most rooms in good stead.
The staff were friendly and helpful, ( as per true Balinese style) - and were always smiling.
Note to manager - the chef who makes the eggs in the morning ( not the waffles) was rather lazy and grumpy on a daily basis - perhaps get a friendlier and more enthusiastic person in this role who interacts with your guests - as this chef didn't seem to want to be there!
In saying this - the friendly & jolly waffle/pancake chef outshone him just by smiling & saying good morning!
the pool area needs a little bit more upkeep and TLC, and perhaps some soft gentle music during the day to give a relaxed vibe.
one thing to note to anyone staying here is the morning battle for the sun lounge chairs by the pool... in our case, when we're on holidays, we're a little sluggish on holidays and would like to have a bit of a sleep-in - and always seemed to be one of the last at breakfast - which left us with little or no options around the pool - on the upside of this the hotel should be commended for their policy of not being able to leave belongings on a towel/chair for more than 30 mins.
However - it should be noted, that if you are NOT prepared to do the morning battle and get up early to try and reserve a chair and get a spot - this hotel does not have enough sun chairs by the pool - even though there is plenty of space to put more chairs out for guests!!!
Overall: Hotel is a good location, and close to Seminyaks bars/restaurants and would definitely recommend it for a fun stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection