Just returned from our 3rd visit to the Royal Beach and am still in love! We travelled as a family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children and had booked a 2 bedroom villa. We were upgraded on arrival and were thrilled to be accommodated in a much larger villa than expected with our own pool, spa and loads of room.
Staff at this resort are always so friendly, making a point of remembering the kids names and showing them attention at every opportunity. We were happy to once again meet up with Ari the food and beverage manager who we had come to know last year, he is always so attentive to the kids and always making sure we were happy with our meals etc, really professional and yet so down to earth and friendly, the perfect mix.
Breakfasts are AMAZING..I find it funny when people say 'breakfast is the same each day'...well, it is, but thats because it covers every possibility! Theres Japanese breakfast, egg station, pancakes, pastries, a fruit bar, fresh bircher and granola (both the best I've ever eaten) and the usual bacon etc...I can't think of anything thats missing from the breakfast buffet and we always walked away full - very happy.
We ate a few other meals in the resort as well (we are Accor members so we get discounts on food and beverage) but even without the discounts the meals are really reasonable for a 4.5 star resort. In particular the Tapas night on a Tuesday was amazing, it was about 6 courses of tapas from various regions (Mediterranean, Japanese, Indonesian etc) and it was all DELICIOUS! Pizza at Capris is also fantastic and we dined at Husk on our last night which was very impressive...seriously with all the hype surrounding some of the 'must eat at' places some of them don't even compare to what this resort can offer, and its beachfront so you've still got the sunsets!
I was impressed to see they are utilising the grassy area between the resort and the beach now by putting more lounges there and also some massage huts. I don't normally do massages at the resort because they're typically over priced and not great but on this occasion I caved in because of a special offer and it was the best massage I had all holidays...my husband and I both went back twice more, we used the outdoor massage huts rather than the spa so we could listen to the ocean and get the sea breeze, it was superb! Dyan (Diane?) was our masseuse of choice and I'd highly recommend her!!
The resort is older style without question - but thats why I like it, the gardens are beautiful and its a really peaceful place to stay whilst being on the beach and walking distance to great shopping as well as places like KuDeTa and La lucciola .
I could go on about this resort all day but I'll stop now! If you'd like more information shoot me a message, I'm happy to chat about it, needless to say I'd happily recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel directly on the Seminyak Beach, surrounded by uniquely designed 4.5 hectares tropical garden. Featuring 128 rooms and 17 private villas, it is within walking distance to Seminyak fine dining restaurants, trendiest bars and luxury shopping. With outstanding modern Balinese architecture, the hotel offers a distinctive and memorable stay wrapped with the warmth of Balinese culture on every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Sofitel Hotel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Hotel Denpasar
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Sofitel Bali
- Denpasar Sofitel
- The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection