“Royal Beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

You added The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak Beach | PO Box 3384, Seminyak, Bali 80033, Indonesia (Formerly Sofitel Seminyak Bali)   |
Special Offer
Stay & Win!
Ranked #35 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Royal Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel was average but nice location t..he food around the pool was a reasonable price although the service very slow.Even though we stayed in a villa we werent informed about the days activities if there were any.We also were not informed about a wedding taking place in front of our villa with noise until midnight.The japanese restaurant was very basic and there was only one decent restaurant used for everything.We felt the hotel needed a good overhaul.Also they had a few buffets on the beach but after the first one we didnt go again because of traipsing through the black sand.There didn't appear to be anything for the children as well.My family are going soon but have advised to stay at Kartika or somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Royal guest,

Thank you taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not entirely meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At M Gallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that I have share your comment with our team and that we are taking your concerns into account to improve and maintain our standard.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed there in May 2012 for 4 days. We were pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a grand deluxe room from our original booking. The resort is huge and one needs to walk a long way from the reception to the room. Fortunately, our room was quite close to the garden pool as well as the restaurant.

Our room was quite large and well appointed. The bathroom was very clean and toiletries were replaced daily. Once the staff got to know we were on our honeymoon, they sent us a complementary cake and fruits which was a nice touch.

The best part of the resort is that it opens out onto the beach. We spent quite a lot of time lazing around on the beach chairs. We used the garden pool since it was quite closer and offered much more privacy. The main pool was too crowded with families. The gardens are very well maintained and one can take a nice stroll in the premises itself.

The breakfast spread was quite huge, however, it was exactly the same on all four days so that was a bit disappointing, We had to wait for some time to get a table on the first day but once we started coming in early this was sorted out.

The restaurants were slightly expensive for the menu on offer but there are quite a few good restaurants in Seminyak which are walking distance from the resort itself.

While it is primarily a family resort, its size means that couples can get some privacy too. Overall we had a great stay and would definitely come back a second time.

Pros: Huge, well maintained property, excellent rooms, very nice garden pool,
Cons: Slightly crowded for a romantic getaway

Room Tip: Take a room facing the garden pool. Its convenient, quiet and offers good privacy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali for your valuable holiday. It's always a pleasure to receive such positive and detailed comments.

Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional service to our Royal Guests that is beyond expectation; so your feedback are important for us. I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and it's our hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We are a family for four (two children) from Australia and we stayed in the Sofitel Seminyak for 16 nights whilst on our trip in Bali. It was AMAZING. The location is perfect right on the beach and a short walk to all the night life. The customer service was outstanding and there was never a time when someone would stop bow and greet you with a warm indonesian smile. The hotel it self was beautiful and the pools were great especially for the kids. We also enjoyed happy hour, when we could sit by the beach drinking cocktails. Our room was very clean and we had nothing go wrong with our stay. The staff were always helpful and the free daily shuttle bus to central Kuta was great for me and my teenage girl who loves to shop. It meant we could get into the main markets and shopping areas for no cost at all.The buffet breakfast was amazing and we could never get enough especially the egg and crepe station. We never ate dinner at the hotel as we preferred to go out each night so i'm not sure how the food was, but from what i have heard and saw it looked quite nice. We overall had an amazing stay and never wanted to leave. I would defiantly stay here again and recommend it too any family, friends, couples or solo's as it has something for everyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room close to the "garden pool" which was mainly a quieter pool so we neve...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali for your valuable holiday. It's always a pleasure to receive such positive and detailed compliments.

Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional service to our Royal Guests that is beyond expectation; so your feedback are important for us. I will share your comment with our staff and I am sure that your review will motivate them even more to continuously improving our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us it's our hope to welcome you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Fortunately most of the guests are not in formal wear but it seems like that sort of resort. There are lots of good staff (though sometimes slow) and the rooms are very nice, including extra touches likes flower buds in various places (not everything in the rooms worked correctly though). I think all the rooms look onto the nice gardens (not sure if any have water views). The pool area and adjacent beachside area are fantastic, with lots of seating and attentive staff. The food is excellent, especially the Wednesday BBQ served by the beach, and justifies the high prices, however, the drink prices are extortionate.

I think that if you like mid-range resorts, you'll like this place (it's certainly doesn't have enough attention to detail to be considered a high-end resort) and it's priced accordingly, but I don't really see the point. The informal beach bars in Kuta do about the same thing as Royal's beachside area, but at one-third the cost, while the Mercure gave me ocean views for 30% less (although the Mercure was definitely not as good a hotel as the Royal). Even Kuta beach is better - whiter softer sand and better waves, although it also has more people. Still, I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Royal Guest,

We thank you very much for your kind words and for selecting The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali for your valuable holiday.

We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable time with us. I will share your comment with the staff and I am sure it will motivate them to provide services above expectation.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the resort in the near future.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

As advised to the Accor feedback via email, I booked this hotel and was quoted a price for a room that sleeps 3 adults (with use of a roller bed). On check in I was advised that if I wanted to use the roller bed I would have to pay extra per night. This was not stated at any stage in the online booking and I had proof of this. I needed the bed for my 6 yo daughter. This started my holiday off in a very bad manner. If you are going to charge extra for the roller bed I would suggest you put that amount on the booking as extra's so people know that it is charged as it is really false advertising.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Royal Beach Seminyak Bali. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please rest assured that we are taking your comment into high consideration to prevent any occurrence in the future.

At MGallery our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations; therefore your comment is very important for us.

Again, please accept our apologies. We hope that you will consider staying at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali again so that we may show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known around the world.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I have been to the royal beach in 3 months. Last time I came for a week away by myself relaxing by the pool. When my parents & I decided on a 5 day getaway we costed a trip to Bali against broome & Bali was more reasonably priced. Rather than getting 2 rooms we splurged on a 2 bed villa via the Accor website. This website doesn't allow you to book more than 2 adults so I called the Accor customer service & they could manually book 3 adults & give us the same deal as on the website. We then confirmed with the hotel they had 3 adults & it was all done very easily. We booked the "holiday saver" package which came with breakfast + 20% of the value of your stay as a credit to be used on F&B &/or spa which in our case was almost $600.

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff, introduced to one of the butlers & taken to the villa. What a place! Double storey with a 4 poster bed in the main room, small kitchen, 2 bathrooms. We also had a lap pool & Balinese hut. We were informed that the non alcoholic drinks in the minibar are free & with 2 mini bars we never went short. A nice touch was we were asked when we'd like the cleaners & gardeners to come in so we weren't to be disturbed.

Every member of staff is amazingly friendly, attentive and receptive. I have seen some other reviews in this website & I struggle to see what they are complaining about in terms of staff. My parents went to the weekly drinks with the management of the hotel & also commented on how friendly & professional management are. There was a trainee in the buffet area for breakfast who was so nervous about serving customers but all you needed to do was smile at her & let her know it's ok, we all started somewhere at the beginning (although some customers around me were rude to her but that just shows their bad manners, not her professionalism).

We also ate at the balinese night which had such a great choice of food & some great entertainment. Both myself & my parents have travelled a lot around the world & we all couldn't fault this hotel. It's a a decent 4 star hotel. I have recommended it to friends of mine who are coming to Bali later in the year.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
theroyalmanager, Marketing Coordinator at The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing once again The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali for your valuable holiday. It's always a pleasure to receive such positive compliments especially form our Royal repeaters.

The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali

Been to The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!