“good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vila Lumbung

You added Hotel Vila Lumbung to your Saves list
Hotel Vila Lumbung
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Petitenget, No. 1000 X | Bali, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #66 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
hk
“good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

good time there .
simple and friendly .
not fare away from the beach and very nice restaurant near by .
good for a few days only.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Nrth NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We , a family of 2 adults and 2 kids ( 7 and 10 yrs ) spent 5 nights at Vila Lumbung recently. We loved it !
We had an upstairs bungalow and the room was amazing ! Huge king bed for us, king day bed for the girls , plus a table and lounge , big bathroom and balcony with a single day bed also. The room is set out with Balinese furniture and architecture with beautiful high ceilings.
We were in 8A , right across from the pool , so could even watch the kids swim whilst reading on the balcony !
From the start the staff were so friendly and helpful .
The buffet breakfast was great , with a huge selection and the best egg chef !
The resort never felt crowded ( it was not at full capacity ) and we were sometimes one of the only ones at the pool or at breakfast !
The pool was lovely ! Two levels , with waterfall , bridges and spa. We stayed at three hotels on our trip , and this was the favourite pool.
The hotel is so quiet and peaceful and yet so close to Seminyak ! You can walk up the road that leads to VL and there is a supermarket and several restaurants and spas to choose from. We ate twice at Warung Enys and the food was cheap and so good ! My husband and I had a massage at the beauty place just down the road and it was great , 60,000 rp for an hour.
We also got some DVDs just down the road and the quality has been great.
The food and drinks at VL are quite expensive compared to what you can get elsewhere so we did not eat much at the hotel. They have a kids menu which is good value , and the girls ordered pizza and Nasi Goreng one day around the pool for 35,000 rp each ( plus tax ) and the portions were huge.
We used VL as a base to explore Seminyak and Legian. We also did a day trip to
Padang Beach and Uluwatu with our driver Made ( booked thru Dewa from Bali car services ) and to Tanah Lot. . Both of these trips were fantastic , as is Made !
All in all we loved Vila Lumbung and cannot fault it for the room , pool , breakfast and staff !
We would come back for sure.

Room Tip: The upstairs bungalows are fantastic !
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I absolutely loved our stay at Vila Lumbung. Went to Bali with my boyfriend in January 2012 and could not have been happier with our choice of hotel.

We stayed in an deluxe upstairs bungalow room which was incredibly spacious with a huge bed and bathroom, day bed, balcony and beautiful Balinese style roof. The pool was great too and the poolside restaurant was nice to sit at in the evening. Breakfast was lovely- plenty of selection including eggs/omlette of your choice, pastries, pancakes, fruit, Indonesian dishes etc. Very nice!

What really set this place apart from others was the fantastic staff - so helpful and friendly. They seemed genuinely happy to help and very chatty and approachable. Also very helpful with organising transfers, advice for restaurants, etc. I was sick on the day of check-out and they allowed a later check out for us so I had some more time to recover (very appreciative!). They were all so lovely and really made all the difference in our stay!

Vila Lumbung is slightly out of the centre of Seminyak but it was nice to be staying in a quieter location. You can still walk to several nearby restaurants. We usually took a taxi as the roads can be difficult to walk on due to no footpaths but the taxi's to get elsewhere in Seminyak were less than AUD$2 and arrived within about 1 minute of the reception calling so very easy! The location was nice to be away from it all but still able to easily access shops/restaurants.

Overall, loved loved loved Hotel Vila Lumbung and would certainly recommend it for any couples or families visiting Bali!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Hello! I am writing this from the hotel lobby at Vila Lumbung. I was just showing the reviews to the girls from the hotel spa before they left for the evening...their names are Bonnie (nickname) and Eluh. They really enjoyed seeing the reviews and knowing that their hard work means alot to their clients. Please tell them "Cecilia" sent you! Absolutely lovely, helpful, professional and know the true art of massage, hair conditioning spa/massage and all of the amazing spa treatments on offer. I went for the package of $65USD for a choice of 6 treatments with one complimentary Traditional Balinese Massage as well. I have been to Bali a few times, and I am the fussiest person and love everything that is first class...I have high expectations, and VL delivered, and more! Firstly, I read reviews before coming and would have read reviews from approximately 40 hotels at least. I never thought I would write one becuase it is just not my "thing". However, I felt moved to write one because of how helpful everyone else's reviews were that really was my deciding factor to stay here...so thank you everyone who took the time to write a review! My important wants were to have a restful place, clean, beautiful, and hopefully a little paradise with a good breakfast included too. ;) I am staying in the upstairs bungalow (room 9A...views of pool on one side, gardens on the other, perfect!). It is huge, clean, marble floors but also wood inlaid on the floor so it is very luxurious feeling. Big windows and curtains, a day bed, huge bed, open lovely bathroom. It is not "brand new" but it really is well looked after and although has a luxurious feel and ambience and romantic too it is also quite earthy because it has natural beautiful wood and bungalow architecture with massive high ceilings...it is just so beautiful. A beautiful balcony, a huge day bed, the pool is immaculate, they come every morning to make up your room, provide glass water bottles (sealed) for the bathroom, there is a minibar, huge flat screen tv and dvd, and the food is very good! Breakast is buffet with a fresh made to order omlette station and mini pancake station, fresh tropical fruits (dragon, papaya, watermelon, melon, pineapple, plain yoghurt, a huge selection of danishes and pastries, a hot food section that changes daily (sausages, rice with nasi goreng, bacon, stir fried veg, potato dauphinoise, fish curry...6 different hot dishes each day) and of course toast and jams and juices, coffee, tea etc. It is an open restaurant overlooking the pools and you can choose one of the gazebo's to eat which is sits on its own and is very beautiful. The staff are really lovely and friendly. I know everyone says that, but really, they are more than willing to do anything for you. So helpful in posting my postcard, calling Matahari's for me for a specific item and giving me a late lunch today (at 4pm) because I wanted to use my free set menu (2 course) lunch voucher that was free. They have a pay for 5 nights and stay 6 night deal that comes with the free lunch for 2 persons per room. It is so peaceful here and is also close to fabulous cafes and shops in walking distance including a euro style cafe with the best coffee ever and french desserts...and I mean great desserts that top any Perth french patisserie...oui! It is called, Bali Catering Company...it is a cafe though. They also do fabulous raw smoothies and juices all fresh and incredible salads and real foods...good food....tasty, fresh, handmade. I feel at home at VL. They also have a huge staff to take care of the gardens and have the service and professionalism that beats any 5 star hotel I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at many in my travels abroad to over 10 countries and staying in 5 star hotels. The main thing I love about VL is that is not "clincial" and "hotel-like" and "rigid" etc. It is bali...it resonates bali...natural, beautiful, paradise, relaxing, quiet, friendly...a true tropical holiday to help you really get away from it all. I did not bring my laptop so I think wifi is only avail in lobby....but it is so HUGE that you would feel it is all your own lobby anyway. Well...back to my room to enjoy room service and a good book. Oh, and lastly, I am a solo traveller, so this is perfect. The right balance of privacy and also things to do. Happy holidays!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We loved our stay at VL. We stayed in the 3 bed villa with 3 adults and 2 kids. It was spacious, extremely clean and very comfortable. The 'balinese-style' is lovely and it really feels like a seculded paradise. OUr kids aged 5 and 3 loved the pool - it was a better pool for playing and exploring than any of the other pools we saw at the more expensive newer hotels. There's also lots of garden for the kids to explore safely. The staff were lovely, helpful and very friendly. It was walking distance to a few terrific little kids friendly restaurants as well as some of the more 'special' restaurants.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We have stayed at VL quite a few times and will keep coming back! We love the bungalows with their spacious accommodation and natural Bali style. These rooms comfortably accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. We adore the location because its out of the hustle and bustle, but walking distance to the best restaurants (Sarong, La Lucciola, Potato Head, Hu'u Bar etc) The staff are very friendly, the gardens are gorgeous, and the pool area is well designed, the kids are never bored.Breakfast is great, food (ok) and drinks at hotel prices. I would recommend this hotel for people who love a Balinese experience with character, charm and warmth.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are in a 3 storey hotel block but are very spacious. If you can afford it, go for...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

First time here.was very impressed. Staff so professional. Gardens tropical perfection. Stayed bungalow. Massive room traditional architecture famtastic. Cleanliness top notch. Breakfast great buffet very nice. Pool clean beautiful perfect temp. Only negative is no wifi in our room but do have it at pool area, restaurant and lobby.For such reasonable price u can't have everything. will be back for sure was wonderful stay

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Hotel Vila Lumbung? Share your experiences!