“Lots of fun” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 88 activities in Seminyak
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: # 30-40% cheaper# Ex Rip Curl Instructor# Surf lessons, guiding & board rental# Locally owned# Affordable, fun & unforgettableWelcome to Santai Surf, locally owned & operated since 2012.At Santai Surf we share our passion for surfing & encapsulate the essence & spirit of Bali life. Gede (owner & head instructor) is an ex Rip Curl instructor. He is an experienced surf guide & teacher with the best knowledge about surf breaks & waves in Bali. We offer private/semi-private lessons & surf guiding with a personal twist & we specialise in beginner & intermediate surfers.Our semi-private lessons are 30%-40% cheaper than other competitors whilst our private lessons are over 50% lower than other surf schools.We are a freelance surf school so we take you to the best waves at the right time.We are the most affordable surf lessons in Bali so book now & we'll do the rest.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was very excited and looking forward to my first surfing experience especially after reading the reviews of Santai Surf school on trip advisor.
It was one of the best experience i had in Bali Gede, Henney and the team are very friendly , patient , easy going and professional.
Overall good value and great experience.

Singapore, null, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing first experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My 12 year old son had his first surf lesson with Santai surf. I was amazed to see him standing up after about 10 mins in the water! The correspondence with Henney by email was efficient and we were given clear instructions for finding the location from our hotel which was fairly close by. My son thoroughly enjoyed his lesson, and the humour of Gede who made his first lesson great fun. Fantastic to get some great photos of him in action too!

Vevey, Switzerland
“Friendly and encouraging...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Perfect school for beginners. Went with my 10 year old and had a great first time - up on the boards within minutes. Wish I had a longer holiday and could do more lessons with them. The pictures were a real bonus. Keep it up!

Guangzhou, China
“Awesome experience :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very enjoyable surfing lesson, with Gede having the skill and patience to manage to get me standing up for a few seconds by the end of the lesson! Quite an achievement with my lack of co-ordination! :) Great fun and definitely recommended.....

Singapore, Singapore
“Truly wonderful surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My 12 year old son and 10 year old daughter both had a lesson with Santai Surf School and both came away totally amazed at such a wonderful experience. Henney did all the correspondence and was clear with location instructions and what to expect when we arrived. Gede was a fantastic teacher. He showed the children exactly what to do in simple easy to follow instructions. Within 30 minutes both children were standing on the board riding the waves and even my 43 year old husband who had never surfed before was also able to surf. I would totally recommend Santai to anyone wanting to try surfing as it was an unforgettable experience. My children enjoyed it so much, we took them back for a second lesson.