“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Belinn Seminyak

You added Swiss-Belinn Seminyak to your Saves list
Swiss-Belinn Seminyak
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Sunset Road No. 88 S, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #101 of 120 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed at the Swiss-Belinn for 9 days and have rebooked for next year. The opening price was very reasonable. The infinity pool and bar on the 6th floor has fabulous views over rooftops to the ocean which is only a few hundred mtres away. . There is really good bars, shopping and restaurants around this hotel. The wifi reception was good and there was a DVD player in the room. I loved the large shower in the rooms. The decor in the rooms was lively.The staff were all very helpful and willing to learn.
Now for the grizzlies which are minor. The air con is a bit noisy. Our room was under the pool so the noise of back washing at about 5 am was a bit annoying. I heard some people complaining about the rooms being to small. Breakfast was good. Bacon is not displayed in respect to Muslims.
Overall we found staying at the Swiss-Belinn a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Not under the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
gmsise, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Seminyak, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Sirs/Madam,

Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed Seminyak area in particular.

Your feedback has been very beneficial for our improvement and thank you for sharing it via TripAdvisor.

Your complaints has been taken noted and will pay attention on those matters.

We all look forward to your next visit where improvements are made after receiving all great feedback by our guests.

Muhsin Anwar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leederville, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This isn’t the type of hotel for an extended stay, over night or a day but that's about it, I stayed two weeks, even before check-in the problems started, email communication was impossible prior to my arrival, I’ve been home for three weeks and still haven’t had my emails answered, communication in general was very difficult. The first thing that bothered me was NO FRIDGE in the room, it was a very noisy hotel, large group bookings of inconsiderate people. The most horrendous nights were when a group of teenagers stayed from Fairview International College, there supervisors allowed them to run feral all over the hotel, it was like the place was under siege. With the amount of large groups staying breakfast became feeding time at the zoo, being a westerner I asked if I could have a western breakfast, yes I was told, it was the most frustrating experience trying to communicate what I would like to have, I chose items from the in room menu only to be told everything I asked for the kitchen didn’t have, I did however receive a large helping of attitude from the cooking staff if I asked for more bread or something simple like that. The mixed fruit juice on offer was nothing more than the fruit that was left over from the previous days breakfast, after being unrefrigerated for many hours, throw into a blender and called juice. Thank heavens the Bali Deli is just behind the hotel and I was able to get breakfast and coffee there even though I had paid extra for breakfast at the hotel. On two days there were major problems with the plumbing in my room, the toilet didn’t work, low water pressure and the water smelled foul, the maintenance people came to my room twice but couldn’t fix the fault. I had some laundry done only to find my favourite pair of Zara Man lounging pants didn’t come back. One afternoon after a day of shopping I thought I would try a cocktail in the bar at happy hour, I asked for a vodka martini and was met with blank looks, I suggested the staff Google the cocktail which they did but unfortunately they were unable to make it, I think what I received was just pure vodka with a slice of lime, when paying the bill I was charged full price not the half price as advertised on a black board. I used the phone in my room a few times to book spa treatments in the area,as the hotel spa was a joke, only two calls connected as the other times the line was engaged, I was charged for every time I made an unsuccessful unconnected call. It’s a pity this hotel was so awful, I booked it because it was affiliated with the Sense Hotel in Seminyak where I had stayed for Christmas and New Year, big mistake, the two properties may be affiliated but that's were the similarities end, Sense in Seminyak was far better.

Room Tip: I asked for a room as high up as possible, got the 5th floor but didn’t help, the noise was terrible...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Peter,

We really appreciate your comment shared via TripAdvisor.

It helps us in noticing areas for improvement such as our breakfast, noise and services. I have shared to our Teams as part of our improvement.

We had some of Chinese group in house as well as a student group on that time and even a general brief to the tour leader has been informed in advance.
Again, this is beyond of our expectation and our deeply apology for this inconvenience caused.

We believe that our Front Office Manager has extended a special attention to you during your stay and experience for the last 4 nights at our Suite Room was given to your as our special gesture.

We are always glad to receive such feedback and this is the way for us to be better in recognizing our guests' expectation.

Denpasar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

this place would be the perfect place if you want to be in the centre of Seminyak nightllife :D its close to oberoi street (which u can find lots of live music cafe and great bars) the room was fine, the breakfast was okay. its easy to find if you don't want to lost in bali.
and I love the bathroom amenities. The staff is nice and kind and the service is great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Monaliciouss,

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had made a reservation from 1/5 to 20/5 from a recommendation from a friend. We got in after 12 am on the 2nd from our late flight. We we're put on the floor of the lobby. At 6 am there was so much noise from being so close to the restaurant and they were setting up for breakfast. I can't wear earplugs and I was so not impressed. We also did not have a fridge in the room. I have stayed in several places in Bali and everyone of them have had a fridge!

We complained the next morning about the noise and no fridge. They moved us later that day into the third floor. We also got a room with a fridge.

But that wasn't the end of the noise. In the first week we were there they had several school children come and stay. They yelled at each other in the hallways as well as playing with a basketball at night. This was after 10 pm. It got bad that we rang the desk to get them up there to tell them to have some respect. If the rooms were more sound proof at the front doors we wouldn't have heard them.

The wifi was crap. It would take forever to log on then drop out. We tried at all hours of the day, 8am, 11am, 3pm and even at 10 and 11pm and it still dropped out. Easier going next door to the Bali Deli which has a small restaurant attached and getting a coffee and using their wifi.. Or walking to the end of Kunti street to Buzz cafe. The drinks were good and wifi excellent.

The staff were good at Swiss BelInn and the prices of massages reasonable. Not as cheap as on the street but not as expensive as most hotel massages. The pool does not look inviting at all. It is too close to the lower rooms

The breakfast was always cold! It was indonesian food but always cold. You could get fresh eggs cooked but. It was suppose to be a continentiL breakfast, but it was rice, noodles and other dishes. I wouldn't pay the extra to get the breakfast and just go to a cafe around the corner for breakfast. The footpaths out the front of hotel was pretty bad. Out the back way much better.

The rooms were clean and bed ok but just extremely loud, doors slamming and cold breakfast and crap wifi. Staff were nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
gmsise, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Seminyak, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Sirs/Madam,

We really appreciate your comment shared via TripAdvisor.

We believe that our Front Office Staff has extended a special attention to you during your stay and Fridge was set up in the room as our special gesture.

Start from June onwards, we have separated our breakfast venue to the 5th floor as well as the breakfast condiment will be different from Chinese Group.

Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We arrived in swiss belinn seminyak at 21.00. We show our voucher by booking.com for check in but Receiptionist make me upset due to he said that no reservation for this voucher
Then I asked the receptionist to checkagain due to we were very tired
and after almost an hour we waited, they said that yeah there is this reservation.
they should not told to a statement no reservation if they have not first check.
Hopefully Reservation desk and FO must keep communication and we don't need wait until a hour

Dear Ibu Yunida,

It is always great to receive such feedback where we could make improvement on our services and facilities when our guests share their stay experience, like yours. We really appreciate it.
Your feedback has been well noted and I have shared directly to our Front Office Manager to look into the point you have experienced.

I hope this experience will not deter you to return stay with us and we look forward to having the next opportunity to be better.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We arrived on the 13th of May which is a Tuesday, and most unfortunately they didn't have a room for us as according to the front desk manager the a section of the air-conditioned system broke down and some of the room will not have the air condition working. But Mr Eka the front desk manager is a problem solver. He offered us an upgrade to another branch of theirs in Legian for a day, which is about 5-10min walk to the beach. And the next day when we come back to Seminyak Branch he put in additional 10min Spa for each of us and complimentary airport transfer and some complimentary drink, although it doesn't sound like a big deal but he did made an effort to solve the problem in shortest time possible.

The only problem with their room in Legian, it smells funny w/o the aircon (everytime when you open the door before slotting in the card for the electricity or the aircon). Of course this isn't something Mr Eka can control because it wasn't his Inn. So I will write that on another page.

Most the restaurant are located behind the hotel, and they have a back-door access. Among the good and decent priced restaurant I could think of is Restaurant Made for their Balinese food (not exactly fantastic but its a place to try out the local Balinese food), Buzz Cafe (go for their Nasi Goreng Indonesia). And to the maindoor on the left you will find warung wahaha, which is not bad in my opinion.

A warning to most travellers though, the back door you will find a lot of Currency Exchange Booth with incredible rates, most if not all gives you a premium over what you can get from your home country. For Example SGD/IDR from Singapore is 9150 at best. From the Ngurah Rai (Bali Airport) is 8800. But from the Currency Exchange Booth located behind the hotel and among the pricey restaurant you will find 9700. As a tourist, there are times we tend to overspent our budget which is normal. And usually the last day in Bali you will realized you ran out of cash especially when you didn't noticed there is a 40K-200K per pax departure tax (depending where you are heading).

Back to the currency exchange, you need to be wary because all of them are magicians. Their hands is fast and you need to be attentive. These low life dishonest creatures will short changed you if you are not careful. The hotel itself doesn't have a money exchange services. So it is best you have all the local currencies changed from your respective home country OR change it from the airport itself. Watch this from 2.00 onwards:-

There is a local gourmet supermarket (Bali Deli) which cater usually for Caucasian sells many of the local & foreign products which is 5min walk away from the hotel backdoor - so that gives you an idea of the local market price so you know what you are paying for. Another local store - Bintang Supermarket, but that is about 20 minutes walk away.

The room was OK - I heard the hotel is still new so you are not going to find a lot problems with a new hotel especially. A little bit surprised because they didn't have a fridge so I have to drink my Bintang and Bali Hai Beer warm. The room has a swimming pool view but located too near to the lobby. You wouldn't believe it but its like 10sec walk to the lobby, so it gets rowdy when there is too many excited people in the lobby. And amazingly, there is a sofa chair or some sort designed for people to read while overlooking the pool with peace. Which is good except some nationalities talks just too loud. And being only 1mtr away from our window, so when people talk outside, we can hear them clearly from the inside.

I am a heavy sleeper so not a problem to me. But my wife is a light sleeper so when she woke up the next morning feeling tired and nag in my ears it became my problem. So if I can suggest constructively - please place a "Keep Quiet - Reading Corner" or "Pipe Down - Reading Corner" sign. Write them in multiple language, 1) English 2) Bahasa Indonesia 3) Chinese

Otherwise, good bed, clean bathroom, nice tv, clean room, hair dryer, security box, friendly people. Not a problem. And try their Spa, it works miracle.

Room Tip: Avoid the Lobby for the obvious reason. Yes, there are rooms that are located too near to the lobby...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

The room is clean, bed is very comfortable ... Nice small pool to chill out, and the breakfast spread is good enough for us.

Go through the back door and you will have access to many restaurants and quiant shops. The Italian restaurant -warung italian is a must go!!

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Will recommend my friends to this hotel.

Extra tips: ask for higher floor and room that faces the pool.

• Stayed May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Harris Hotel Seminyak
favehotel Umalas
favehotel Umalas
#86 of 120 in Seminyak
4.0 of 5 stars 285 reviews

Been to Swiss-Belinn Seminyak? Share your experiences!