“Ripped off and Disgusted” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sandi Agung Villa

You added Sandi Agung Villa to your Saves list
Sandi Agung Villa
4.5 of 5 Villa   |   Jalan Cendrawasih | Petitenget, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #21 of 306 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Oroville, Washington
“Ripped off and Disgusted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I wish this rating system included negative numbers. I stayed at Sandi Agung Villa from 7/4/13 until 24/4/13 and I was disappointed with the service from day one. To start with, we had asked that SAV pick us up at the airport, but they did not come, and we had to get a taxi. The mosquitoes were so bad in the open living-room and kitchen area that after our first evening I literally looked like I had chicken pox. Not long afterwards I found a tick on my pillow. Then our pool became so green that we were told we had to move to another villa. When we moved to the other villa I found two more ticks in the bedding. My friend talked to one of the staff about the bugs, and the conversation went something like this:

Friend: Is it usual for there to be ticks in your villas?
Staff (many of the staff can barely speak English): Yes, ma'am.
Friend: So it is usual for there to be ticks in the beds? like, inside the beds?
Staff: Yes ma'am, yes ma'am.
Friend: Do you have ticks? TICKS!
Staff: Yes ma'am.
Friend: TICKS! Like what dogs have???
Staff: Yes ma'am. Sorry, ma'am, I no understand. Excuse me...

That's about as far as we got with the tick issue. Then there was the problem with our extra bed. We were paying an additional fee each night for an extra twin bed in one of the rooms. Repetitively the staff forgot to make the bed, to bring a towel and toiletries for our extra person, and almost daily had to be reminded to set the table for them for breakfast (even though we pre-ordered breakfast every evening and ordered the same breakfast for the same number of people for 2.5 wks). Not only did they often forget to set the table for enough people, but they often got our order wrong, forgot to bring part of it, and/or brought it late.
On top of all of this, they had the gall to try to over-charge us. SAV offered to give us a tour of Bali. We agreed on a certain route and plan and a certain price. When we tried to pay at the end of our stay they told us that the price was $550 more than what we had agreed on (even though we had actually done less activities than we had originally been offered).
However, our last night was the worst. I will never forget the plague of bugs that we experienced. When we arrived home from a shopping trip on the last night of our stay, the entire outdoors space of the villa was crawling with flying black beetles, and the bugs were squeezing under the doors into our rooms. I have never before seen such a plague of bugs. They filled the air and covered every surface.
I deeply regret that we suffered through there as long as we did.
I would never recommend this villa to anyone, and I will never spend another night here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights 31/03/13 to 06/04/13 and loved it ! A well designed and planned villa in a small boutique property of just 5 villas. Modern and very very clean villa with big Bright bathrooms ,great king size beds, lots of sun on pool , and the staff were so friendly and professional....nothing was too much trouble. I can't wait to stay at Sandi Agung again.

Michael P - Perth , WA

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stumbled upon this place when we checked out of a horrible place down the road. Although they are two room villas, they let us have the villa as a one bedroom.
This place is lovely. Its brand new. The sheets are clean, the pillows fluffy. the towels are big, fluffy and clean. The bed is huge!
The bathroom is lovely and open. The shower head is big and the pressure is good.
Breakfast is included and there are good options. They set it up at your villa and it is just so nice to have it to your own timetable.
Some villas have pools that make you feel like you're sitting in a bath that you can only swim in circles but this pool is a great size and has a good deep end so we were in it all the time.
The lounge room and kitchen were great spaces to hang out in. Brand new stereo with an ipod dock included so you could always listen to your own music.
The staff were amazing. I also booked an hour foot, neck and head massage in the villa which was nice.
The location was a fantastic. It's about 100m from jalan petintenget so good for walkers but we were on a motorbike so it was 1 minute from everything.
I would definitely stay at this villa again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We found ourselves at Sandi Agung Villa’s purely by accident as the villa we had previously booked was next to a construction site and due the noise, was unliveable..
The moment we arrived (looking tired and stressed after spending many hours trying to find a suitable villa to move to) ‘Pano’ Agung (Owner Manager) could not have been more helpful. We asked to view one of the villa’s and we were blown away by what we saw. Each villa was brand new and had everything you could wish for, a fully stocked kitchen, filtered water machine, beautiful gardens, even down little extras like finding a spare phone charger in a kitchen draw, they had thought of everything!!
Each morning three wonderful staff would arrive at the door to prepare a wonderful breakfast for us in our own villa which was an amazing way to start the day. The private pool was divine and the open living area allowed you to make the most of the fantastic Bali weather.
Sandi Agung is located only a few minutes from all the best Seminyak restaurants and surrounded by beautiful tranquil rice fields. The staff were amazing and would do anything for you.

Word of mouth is a great way to market your business and after the experience we had, we can’t say enough about Sandi Agung Villas .

Sandi Agung is an amazing place to stay and many many thanks to Pano and all of fantastic staff.This is a must stay !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Mrs wanted a trip to Bali for her Birthday and she chose Sandi Agung.

I communicated with the staff in Sandi Agung and they are thus far the most friendly and also helpful staff of our trips to Bali before. (mind you, I have stayed in Bvlgari Hotel, Melia Sol and The Sheraton)

The Mrs got the best service and attention from the staff of Sandi Agung and was safe from the get go - that was my numero Uno priority for her hotel stay as I wasn't able to go with her.

Sandi Agung is a reasonably new establishment bu don't let that fool you. Quality of stay can be compared to any of the big guns around and I guess, as a family run business, hospitality from the staff was more dedicated.

Rooms were spacious and the room services were impecable. The only drawback was the lack of a SPA facility but then again, when you are in Bali, SPAs are dime in dozen.

So, what are you waiting for? Grab that sun tan lotion, bikini, trunks, sandals and book a flight to Bali and stay @ the Sandi Agung. As I titled, one of the best places on Earth just got better.... with Sandi Agung

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Currumbin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

It's great to see a Balinese owning and managing a villa in Bali, rather than foreigners!

We had a very nice stay at Sandi Agung. The villas are new, well kept, serviced and maintained. The staff are friendly and obliging.

Each villa has 2 identical bedrooms (1 room can be closed off if you require a 1 bedroom villa) with their own TV and big bathroom with a bath and shower. The living and pool area is a good size and the villa has a proper kitchen with a cook top, microwave, water dispenser and all the crockery and utensils needed.

The location is quiet and peaceful yet in good proximity to the hustle and bustle of eat street. It’s becoming even busier in Seminyak and it’s nice to get away from the noise of construction!

There is courtesy transport to take you up to the heart of Seminyak if needed and a couple of times it was not available, the management offered to pay the taxi for us.

For me, the only let down was the breakfast (but I am fussy!). The menu was quite limited.

All and all, we had a lovely stay, and would consider staying at Sandi Agung again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sandi Agung Villa? Share your experiences!