“Pleasant stay away from the noise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vasanti Seminyak Resort

You added Vasanti Seminyak Resort to your Saves list
Vasanti Seminyak Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Petitenget Gg. Cendrawasih no. 99DS, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly The Alana Vasanti - Seminyak)   |
Ranked #43 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Bogor
“Pleasant stay away from the noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel has this inviting vibe going on. I love the reception area with comfy couch, and I can see a glimpse of the lighting in swimming pool from here. The room itself looks comfortable and doesn't lose the traditional touch by the batik decoration on the wall. Every room has it's own balcony, I'm smoking so it's definitely a plus. You can also see the beautiful pool and the green rice field from your balcony. Room is spacious and bathroom works perfectly.

The staffs were helpful and friendly. They also have a gym, so if you're a gym rat you wouldn't be worry.

Though the location is quite secluded, it's not really that far to the city, especially if you rent a car... you can easily hop from one cafe to another.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Vasanti Seminyak Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear radenayu,

I would like to thank you for taking time reviewing our hotel in our tripadvisor.

We are so happy to find that your stay was enjoyable. I fully agree with you that our room interior has a lovely batik touch decoration.

We do hope we had provided all your needs perfectly. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Vasanti Seminyak Resort.

Goya A. Mahmud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Everything was nicely done. 9 out of 10. Untill I lost my nike short i put it on the balcony when i was moving into a bigger room because they cant give me connecting room.. Plus I have to wait quite awhile waiting for my second room, because they still clean it from the previous customer.

And no one can find my nike shorts, letting me down.

Overall 8/10

SPA 10/10 have to try. Fully recommended!!!

Will I come back? Yes sure..

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Freddie S,

Thank you for your valuable review in our tripadvisor.com.

I am so sorry about your Nike shorts. I have asked my Executive Housekeeper to do investigation about this and still we couldn't find your shorts. I do hope that this incident will not change your positive view about Vasanti Seminyak Resort.

Should plan to come back to Bali please send me email, i will do something to recover your disappointment .

Warm regard,

Goya A, Mahmud
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed in mid-February for one week in a Junior Suite. The room was beautiful, clean, had a nice view over the back garden/water feature and over that and the fields you could see a sliver of ocean. Bed was comfortable and huge! We didn't spend much time on the balcony due to the construction noise going on across the rice field, it was very noisy. Our only complaint about our room would be the roosters in the field behind the hotel! We didn't make a complaint to Vasanti because they weren't Vasanti's roosters so they couldn't really do anything about them, but the damn birds had us up at 6am without fail every morning and they crowed well into the afternoon, making sleep ins impossible! I thought about asking to change rooms but had read some reviews on here about smelly rooms and I didn't want to risk it since our room itself was lovely. My advice to Vasanti - Make your rooms more soundproof from outside noise! Also our balcony door did not lock. We tried many times. It closed, but would not latch. Lucky Bali is a safe place.

Location is excellent. We walked to Potato Head and W Resort in about 15-20 minutes. Closer still to Merah Putih. Money changers and small shops nearby. Golf buggy will take you down to Jl Petitenget and the hotel's shuttle service drops off at all the convenient locations.

Breakfast is good, can't complain. Good mix of Balinese food and western style cooked buffet breakfast. My stepfather made friends with the head chef and got him to make hollandaise sauce for our eggs one morning so we could have eggs benedict!

Staff are lovely, all so helpful and kind! Made an effort to get to know our names and room numbers. Dewi in particular was very good to us.

The spa was not great. I got a pedicure in an extremely uncomfortable chair which I felt was overpriced (service itself good, comfort bad, price bad) and a massage that felt more like a lady just running her hands back and forth. My husband got the same massage though from a different woman and said it was one of the best he's ever had, so I suppose it depends who you get! Only one woman I found there spoke good english. There is no music and the construction noise is very loud, it was very difficult to relax. For the price I would just go to one of the other upmarket day spas down the road for a much more relaxing and more pampered afternoon!

Pool area is great. On our second last day they put out big bean bag loungers on the lawn which were awesome, I could have stayed on those all day! I would definitely get a pool access room if I were to stay here again.

We stayed here because it was a "mystery hotel" scoopon and it was definitely worth what we paid for it. Don't expect 5 star luxury, but for a budget hotel it is very good!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CourtneeJC,

Firstly we would like to thank you for staying with Vasanti Seminyak Resort during your recent visit to Bali.

I will personally pass your regard to Made and Dewi also our Head Chef which obviously feel happy to know that their service have touched you on remarkable way.

In line to the music for our spa, we do have CD player in all of our Spa room. Unfortunately the player was broken at that time and it was still in our engineering workshop to be fixed. However, the player now is already working again.

Rest assured, we take every review seriously and we thank you for reminding us to give a delightful moment of heartful service.

Once again, thank you for giving opportunity to be your host in Bali, and looking forward to welcoming you again next time.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was our first stay in Vasanti, Seminyak. The location is quite secluded and next to a padi fields, but easy to find. The entrance design and interior design of the lobby is good for a small - middle boutique hotel in Seminyak area. After we checked-in, the porter was immediately guided us to our room, located on the 3rd floor and has a pool view + a balcony.

The room is spacious, clean and tidy. The bathroom has a big tub and a shower, unfortunately, they only provide 2 big towels and a bathroom mat. We need more small towels for drying hands and faces actually, but anyway, not a major problem since we can to contact the operator if we do no need small towels (upon request). The mattress and pillows are from King Koil if I am not mistaken and made me sleep peacefully until morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sophialeika,

Thank you for a nice review in our tripadvisor.com.

We strive daily to give the best for our guests and honor every guest needs. It brings us such pleasure knowing you had a memorable stay. The hotel facilities supply from the best product to ensure the guest convenience.

Wishing you stay at Vasanti again for your next holiday in Bali.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed at Vasanti for 6 days in a pool access room. The resort is located in the middle a rice paddy will little development around it apart from a big new building being constructed across the road. The beach is about 15 min walk down some pretty dodgy lane ways. Coming from Australia the term beach is used in a very loose context it is more a stretch of grey sand strewn with rubbish with intermittent murky rivers of putrid water.
There are shops and minimarts within easy walking distance. Taxis, hotel shuttle etc make transport in and out of Seminyak centre and other areas easy and cheap. Two of Seminyaks best restaurants are within 5 min taxi ride
The room we had was reasonably well appointed with comfortable bed good tv with multiple channels and DVD. Free wifi was good with fast down load speeds. It did have a bit of a dank smell in the room when we arrived that we either got use to or disappeared during our stay. Drains on the ground floor were a bit smelly at times. At the end of the day it is my experience that this is common in many parts of Asia
The breakfast was adequate given it was free
Staff were friendly enough and responded to any special requests
All in all this a good value hotel that you get what you pay for. Would I stay here again? Yes

Room Tip: Pool access room was good as we travelled with friends and had adjoining rooms allowing us to intera...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DavidAlbany,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive review in our tripadisor.com. And thank you for staying with Vasanti Seminyak Resort during your recent visit to Bali. We are definitely happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

I apologize for the inconvenience with a bit smelly issue that you had experienced, I immediately asked my Chief Engineer to find out what was going on in that room and we had managed to fix the problem which was coming from the sewerage.

I do hope that there will be another opportunity to be your host again during your next trip to Bali.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you again.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am a repeat guest at Vasanti Hotel,
its truly a nice hotel around seminyak area. Nice spacious room, well designed, good breakfast.
Truly value for money.
The staff were helpful. I like to stay here since Seminyak is a to go spot in Bali.
Restaurants and cafes are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Pool view room is nice, and Lanai Deluxe is spacious.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Vasanti Seminyak Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear KarinLiliani,

Thank you for these kind words in our tripadvisor.com.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your second stay at Vasanti Seminyak Resort. I am so proud of my team, they had done another good job on giving you another memorable experience.

Please do return and I will be happy to welcome you to the resort for another vacation and rest.

Warm regards to your family from all of us in Vasanti.

Tanjung, Kalimantan Selatan, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I just got home from my short vacation with my mother and sister. Stay here again, at junior suite vasanti resort seminyak mainly because of the size of the room and the huge sofa there.
This time i had a pleasant stay after the last "hiccups" on my previous stay with my friends on november (read my previous review)
I love the swimming pool so much, great to start your day before breakfast.
Big thanks to merta and dewi, very friendly staffs at devali resto, they provide us with very excellent service, i heard rumours that staffs in tourist area in bali treat local tourists differently from international tourists but this certainly not apply for them.
Tips :
Book 30 days in advance and you will get a very good deal from vasanti

Stayed February 2014
Dear TenryAriny,

Thank you so much for your review in our tripadvisor.com

I am fortunate to have such an attentive team that provides service with warmth and grace.

It is great to hear that the actions of my staff contributed to the improvement of your physical well-being during your stay. I will personally pass your high compliment to Merta and Dewi for their lovely service.

Thank you once again and hope to welcome you again at Vasanti Seminyak Resort Bali.

Goya A. Mahmud

Been to Vasanti Seminyak Resort? Share your experiences!