“Hmmm....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vasanti Seminyak Resort

You added Vasanti Seminyak Resort to your Saves list
Vasanti Seminyak Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Petitenget Gg. Cendrawasih no. 99DS, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly The Alana Vasanti - Seminyak)   |
Ranked #45 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
“Hmmm....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Hmm...mixed thoughts on this one:

PRO
- new and modern hotel.
- lovely rooms with comfy bed, huge bathroom, and all mod cons.
- great value at about $60 AUD a night.
- very cool rooftop bar for sunset happy hour drinks. Loved this, even though I was on my own and got served both my 2 for 1 drinks at the same time.
- breakfast was included and quite a good selection

CON
- wifi was slow, often unavailable and unreliable. This was a massive issue for me as a) I was on my own and needed access to contact family, and b) I needed access for work. As a result, I had to take my laptop and work from cafés instead - major inconvenience and I expected better from a new hotel.
- I think I was given the only non-pool facing room. Instead, I had a lovely view of a concrete wall a meter or so away with no natural light at all. Is it day or night??
- location is a bit isolated down a small dark lane, and not many restaurants nearby. There is a shuttle to Seminyak Square though.
- needs to be more pool lounges and shade.

In summary, great price and nice new hotel. However, location and wifi issues stopped this from getting a better review.

• Stayed October 2013
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Vasanti Seminyak Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your valuable review in our tripadvisor.

With regards to our internet access, I will definitely do a quick action to find what was wrong with our internet. I fully understand that internet is something that cannot be separated with our day to day activities, and becoming our needs.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, and looking forward to welcoming you again at Vasanti Seminyak Resort on your next holiday in Bali.

Best regards,

Goya A. Mahmud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here recently for 6 nights. Honestly it was everything I expected and more. We stayed in the vasanti suite which was perfect large comfy bed and a large jacuzzi on the deck cleverly hidden behind a garden which we loved wink wink.
Staff were so nice and so helpful they picked us up and dropped us of at the airport.
Breakfast was amazing eggs cooked as you want only one they that I thought was weird was the beef bacon to scared to try but that was it.
I will definitely be back and I can't wait.

Room Tip: If I was you I would ether choose pool side or vasanti suite
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

we stayed for 2 nights, the greet while at reception desk was warm. The staff seems friendly to every guest. Talking about the room and service were different thing. When we entered the room, i went straight to see the bath room. It looked the cleaning service didn't clean it properly. I still found hairs in the bathtub! Pretty yucks! Also when we ask our room to be cleaned the next day, i found out the dirt since the first day we enter weren't cleaned up!! The face towel weren't provided after cleaning even shower gel wasn't change into new one even it's already use almost empty. Talk about breakfast selection actually it's quite good, but two things bothered us were they serve Instant coffee, not freshly groundd coffee beans. Other was i found out the baguette bread serve on the bread section had ants over it! It's a bit dissapointed overall. The last point is the pool towel availabity. They said the pool is open by 7AM, but towels are ready by 9AM. How could this be possible? So if you're finished swimming before 9 you have to go back to your room in wet! Bottom line.,this is a quite good bargain hotel but in term of service quality think the management NEED IMPROVEMENT.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest

First of all please allow me to thank you for choosing Vasanti Seminyak Resort as your accommodation during your holiday in Bali. I do hope you had a great holiday in Bali.

With regards to your concern on our service and cleanliness, please allow me to express my sincere apology for any inconvenience during your stay with us. I have noted all of the issues you had mentioned and i will make sure that these such problems will not happen again in the future.

Concerning the pool towel, yes, our pool is open starting 7 am. However our pool towel and pool attendant is available at 9 am. This policy is simply because most of our guests are still having breakfast below 9 am. However, guests are welcome to contact our Front Office staff should they need pool towels before the pool towel counter opens.

Once again, on behalf of the staff and the management I apologize for any inconvinience. I do hope that there will be another opportunity to serve you again on your next holiday in Bali.

Best regards

Goya A. Mahmud
Astana, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed there with my girlfriend during our first visit to Bali.
At first I was upset that the hotel ain't near to the beach. But soon I loved it!
The hotel is very cozy, comfortable and quiet. Staff was very hospitable. Room designed in modern design with local ethnic elements. Window beetween bathroom and bedroom makes some funny moments. Garden pool is awesome. Though, we didn't swim. Order a scooter for rent at reception and have fun!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor, so you'll have a direct access to the pool.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for two nights while on the way for Lembongan. Staff was great and very friendly as everyone in Bali. Great moderne and clean room with big balcony. Very nice bathroom. Nice pool (especially for our five year old). Restaurant had a decent selection and the things we chose was great. We had a couple of drinks at the roof top terrace looking out over the ocean at the sunset - not to be missed. All in all a great hotel.

Pros:
+ very nice modern hotel
+ friendly staff
+ nice pool and roof top terrace

Cons:
- can't really comment on location

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

this hotel may be a bit far from the beach but since its considered new, the room was just great for me n my husband. we stayed in room 118 with direct access to the pool. I TOTALLY LOVED IT. but I do suggest the hotel to add more front office staff. it took me more than 15 minutes to check in since there was only one person stand by. Put that aside and I enjoyed my stay here. breakfast was also yummy. good job

Room Tip: invest more on getting the rooms with direct access to the pool. you get the best view and you'l...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Warm, happy, secure, exciting and sad! These are the word I would used to describe me & VSR!

I was in Bali again this year and have been travelling to Bali twice May & October 2013. Where do i stay this time? Vasanti Seminyak Resort. The resort is tuck away in a quite village of Petitenget, far away from the bustling street of Seminyak and going to the resort was not a heavan staircase! Its just a 45minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport depending on traffics I was there during the APEC period and its crowded,the ride was great as there is lots to see and spot on where to go later on.

Pictures from internet are sometimes deceit to the eye of the beholder, but what counts are your own experiences, why take advice from others and give up a chance to really enjoy life? After all life is full of surprises like Christmas present. Overall the hotel was great, from the building structure, the layout, the rooms, the hotel staff its fine! May be there is some exterior sight that may piss you when you arrived at the hotel. There is no street lights, empty fields, under renovations building and may be dried up paddy patches, but hey it sure does happen anywhere even in my own country so what the heck ^^

The thing is that, the hotel receptions do actually greet me by my name and they are very friendly and are seriously giving their best to serve! What can I say they are very friendly indeed. My request are all met and no complaint from me. Hotel Manager Mr Sonny is very helpful, accommodative and friendly too. He did show me around the hotel and give me an insight of Vasanti Seminyak Resort. Seriously internet people the hotel isn’t that bad after all as per some reviews said and thank god I am stubborn and want to try it myself and no regrets!

I stayed in Room 120 and the view magnificent! It’s a Deluxe Pool Excess Room, the open arms of the swimming pool is just to tempting at a hot sunny day! The bed was excellent, never felt so secured and warm comparing to my own bed, have wonderful sleep every night. The bathroom was spacious and no bad remarks about the room for me as i think it was really great. Spend most of my time on the balcony deck sun bathing and enjoying the view and the hotel surrounding it is peaceful! The hotel surrounding was great as there is plenty of restaurant to dine in and there is a 24hr minimart just outside the hotel, if you are lazy to walk like me, just tell the front office staff, they are willingly send you off with the hotel buggy which they will drop you off at the end of the road, and you will need to walk to the minimart about 3 minutes. ( not to worry they wait for you to come back, a 15 min pitt stop, ha ha )
Do patron this small little café called Petitenget if I remember correctly, they served the best croissant freshly baked from oven mostly European cuisine. Then for dessert try Gusto Caffe & Gelato ice-cream. You can have an orgasm with your food. I had pure vanilla ice cream and its heaven, my friend’s had chocolate, rum & raisin, and.... can’t remember BUT anyhow it’s damn good. I mean real good, I think I must thank my friend Yohan & Lanvin for the lovely food adventure they shown me ^^

I will definitely recommend Vasanti Seminyak Resort to all I know as it’s affordable and value for money!

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― Douglas Adams

Room Tip: Level 1 Rooms are excellent caused its near to the swimming pool!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Vasanti Seminyak Resort? Share your experiences!