“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vasanti Seminyak Resort

You added Vasanti Seminyak Resort to your Saves list
Vasanti Seminyak Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Petitenget Gg. Cendrawasih no. 99DS, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly The Alana Vasanti - Seminyak)   |
Ranked #45 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for two nights while on the way for Lembongan. Staff was great and very friendly as everyone in Bali. Great moderne and clean room with big balcony. Very nice bathroom. Nice pool (especially for our five year old). Restaurant had a decent selection and the things we chose was great. We had a couple of drinks at the roof top terrace looking out over the ocean at the sunset - not to be missed. All in all a great hotel.

Pros:
+ very nice modern hotel
+ friendly staff
+ nice pool and roof top terrace

Cons:
- can't really comment on location

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

this hotel may be a bit far from the beach but since its considered new, the room was just great for me n my husband. we stayed in room 118 with direct access to the pool. I TOTALLY LOVED IT. but I do suggest the hotel to add more front office staff. it took me more than 15 minutes to check in since there was only one person stand by. Put that aside and I enjoyed my stay here. breakfast was also yummy. good job

Room Tip: invest more on getting the rooms with direct access to the pool. you get the best view and you'l...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Warm, happy, secure, exciting and sad! These are the word I would used to describe me & VSR!

I was in Bali again this year and have been travelling to Bali twice May & October 2013. Where do i stay this time? Vasanti Seminyak Resort. The resort is tuck away in a quite village of Petitenget, far away from the bustling street of Seminyak and going to the resort was not a heavan staircase! Its just a 45minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport depending on traffics I was there during the APEC period and its crowded,the ride was great as there is lots to see and spot on where to go later on.

Pictures from internet are sometimes deceit to the eye of the beholder, but what counts are your own experiences, why take advice from others and give up a chance to really enjoy life? After all life is full of surprises like Christmas present. Overall the hotel was great, from the building structure, the layout, the rooms, the hotel staff its fine! May be there is some exterior sight that may piss you when you arrived at the hotel. There is no street lights, empty fields, under renovations building and may be dried up paddy patches, but hey it sure does happen anywhere even in my own country so what the heck ^^

The thing is that, the hotel receptions do actually greet me by my name and they are very friendly and are seriously giving their best to serve! What can I say they are very friendly indeed. My request are all met and no complaint from me. Hotel Manager Mr Sonny is very helpful, accommodative and friendly too. He did show me around the hotel and give me an insight of Vasanti Seminyak Resort. Seriously internet people the hotel isn’t that bad after all as per some reviews said and thank god I am stubborn and want to try it myself and no regrets!

I stayed in Room 120 and the view magnificent! It’s a Deluxe Pool Excess Room, the open arms of the swimming pool is just to tempting at a hot sunny day! The bed was excellent, never felt so secured and warm comparing to my own bed, have wonderful sleep every night. The bathroom was spacious and no bad remarks about the room for me as i think it was really great. Spend most of my time on the balcony deck sun bathing and enjoying the view and the hotel surrounding it is peaceful! The hotel surrounding was great as there is plenty of restaurant to dine in and there is a 24hr minimart just outside the hotel, if you are lazy to walk like me, just tell the front office staff, they are willingly send you off with the hotel buggy which they will drop you off at the end of the road, and you will need to walk to the minimart about 3 minutes. ( not to worry they wait for you to come back, a 15 min pitt stop, ha ha )
Do patron this small little café called Petitenget if I remember correctly, they served the best croissant freshly baked from oven mostly European cuisine. Then for dessert try Gusto Caffe & Gelato ice-cream. You can have an orgasm with your food. I had pure vanilla ice cream and its heaven, my friend’s had chocolate, rum & raisin, and.... can’t remember BUT anyhow it’s damn good. I mean real good, I think I must thank my friend Yohan & Lanvin for the lovely food adventure they shown me ^^

I will definitely recommend Vasanti Seminyak Resort to all I know as it’s affordable and value for money!

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― Douglas Adams

Room Tip: Level 1 Rooms are excellent caused its near to the swimming pool!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the promotional pricing and its location. We have not been disappointed. It is less than a year old, rooms have everything you need, comfortable beds and is very attractive. Staff are very attentive. Restaurant serves a delicious breakfast and dinner. Pool is suitable for lap swimming. It is 300 metres off Petitenget so a bike is a handy must. Make sure you go and have a drink between 5 and 7 Happy hour up on the roof. Sensational spot to admire the sunset. I believe the tariffs will be going up soon but even at $120 per night, it will still be good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Vasanti Seminyak Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, on behalf of the staff and management I would like to thank you for the opportunity to serve you during your stay at Vasanti Seminyak Resort. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Secondly, I would like to thank you for your review in the tripadvisor.com. I will definitely pass this message to all my staff.. We will do our best to maintain our high standard of service to all of our guests.

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next holiday in Bali.

Best regards,

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently stayed with them and had the most terrible experience of my life. The restaurant service was OK but other than that every other aspect of this so called 'resort' (which it's not) is terrible. I should throw attention to the terrible courtesy of front office staff and there inexplicably ridiculous standards of understanding the simplest of matters. Please believe me when I say this, it has been the lousiest hotel experience of my life and will thoroughly not recommend it to anyone. Do yourself a favour and don't make a wring decision!

P.S I saw the police come to resort at least thrice in a five day trip. Something wasn't right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
VasantiSeminyak R, General Manager at Vasanti Seminyak Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is most unfortunate that there were certain aspects that detract from the overall quality of your stay. Please be advised that your comments have been duly noted and will be used to help us to evaluate and improve our service.

In relation to the police that you saw around the hotel during your stay, it was part of our standard operating procedure. We have requested the assistant of local police, in coordination with our own security personnel to visit our hotel when we are running high occupancy.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you again to the resort on future travels to the island of Bali.

Vasanti Seminyak Resort, Bali
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Vasanti clearly has cheaper price compared to other hotels with equal facilities. Unfortunately it's more like because you don't really pay for the service!
1) With limited breakfast menu selection, this hotel's scrambled egg is the WORST SCRAMBLED EGG I have ever tasted my whole life! I am such a big fan of scrambled eggs and this is the first time I feel like puking right after my first bite!
2) When I was having breakfast with my baby, I asked the waitress named Desak for a baby chair. Rudely she asked, "Where's the baby? I can't see him?"
3) Another crazy thing is they put an in-room breakfast menu in the Room Service list yet they DIDNT ALLOW US TO ORDER IT and insisted that we HAD to go to the restaurant! My father was sick at that time so he can't go out so I asked the Room Service staff to help me, then she kept saying that I'll be charged for doing this. I said whatever! My father was sick and he can't go out so I'll pay however!
4) Still in the same situation, after ordering an in-room breakfast for my Dad, I went to the restaurant with my husband. Then the waitress (it's Desak again) asked if we were the ones who ordered the in-room breakfast, then asked us to REPEAT THE FOOD SELECTION WE ORDERED OVER THE PHONE ALL OVER AGAIN. And for the 1000th time she said that WE'LL BE CHARGED FOR IT. It left me too angry so I just stood there speechless!
5) The pool WON'T give you towels until 10am. Me and my husband swam before that and had to go to our room on the 2nd floor with wet clothes!
6) There are LOTS of elevators that they just left TURNED OFF. I bet they just simply wont pay more for electricity bills! With lots of guests waiting they should've turned it all on!
7) The housekeeping staff didn't know which light switch works for what light! The tv channels are also off for the whole day on our last day of stay. They didn't respond to our complain and said that it happened to the whole hotel instead (????)
8) The only thing that pleased me staying there is the reception staff called Ita. She's the only one doing her job well!
9) One more thing, NO WASTE BIN at the pool area, they just expect us to leave the garbage around!

Am I going back to this hotel? CERTAINLY NOT!!!!! They have fancy building but they don't know how to treat guests at all!!!

• Stayed October 2013
VasantiSeminyak R, Manager at Vasanti Seminyak Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was horrified to read your experience that leads you to place your contribution onto tripadvisor.com. I will personally lead an investigation to find out all those matters that you have been highlighted, and make sure that these embarrassing incidents will never happen again in the future.

I do hope that this experience has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us and that we will have the opportunity in the future to regain your confidence in our Resort.

Vasanti Seminyak Resort Bali
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Good location, just 5mins walk from beach. The staff were very friendly, especially Dewi from reception, she was the one who managed everything for us. pool excellent but the prices in restaurant and bar were overpriced, as well as spa.But overall very nice stay and would go there next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable experience with us. We are all are very happy to hear that your recent stay was enjoyable, I will definitely share this with my team.

I will assure you that Vasanti Seminyak Resort will always improve and maintain the service standard to pampering our guest a memorable experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back and amaze you with another memorable experience

Best regards

General Manager.

Been to Vasanti Seminyak Resort? Share your experiences!