“everything I needed and so much more - retreat April 2014” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mind Body Soul Surf Bali Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Mind Body Soul Surf Bali Retreat
You added Mind Body Soul Surf Bali Retreat to your Saves list
Jalan Drupadi | 80361, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #18 of 304 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Cronulla, Australia
“everything I needed and so much more - retreat April 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed with Mind Body Soul - Surf Bali and had the most amazing holiday. I've been to Bali 5 times over 22 years and hadn't experienced the real Bali until now. MBS is Balinese owned (the only one of this type) and Balinese and Internationally operated. Sarah and Deduk were fantastic! Everything I could need or want was catered to. Travelling alone, they made sure I never felt alone, in fact every day was jam packed with things to do. The villa I stayed in was beautiful, the food to die for, the in villa staff were wonderful, learning to surf at different beach breaks, yoga in the garden and at Desa Seni, organic meals in villa, a swim at Padang Padang, sunset drinks at Uluwatu, bike rides through villages in Ubud and I was lucky enough to experience a full moon cleansing. I have come back refreshed and planning my next holiday to Bali. With new friends also, I really can't recommend these guys enough. If you need a break and want to experience the real Bali with a holistic approach to really winding down while enjoying the joys of the day, contact Mind Body Soul - Surf Bali.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Like the name says, it is a retreat for your mind, body and soul. I really liked my first surfing experience and the challenge of learning something new. Sarah, who was organising the retreat, was wonderful! She was always taking care of us, organising everything we were asking for and is a lovely and very professional person. The villa was fantastic, and the staff working there, as well. The food was healthy and delicious. It was the perfect balance of doing sports, relaxing, thinking about yourself and to really give yourself a break of what you are usually doing. Sarah was telling as a lot about Balinese culture and lifestyle, which was so interesting. In addition, she was recommending us great places to shop and to go out. The surfschool was very good as well. The teachers were well experienced and took good care of us. I can really recommend this place and would just do it again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Playa del Rey, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I cannot thank Sarah and Deduk enough for the wonderful time I had in Bali. Visiting and surfing Bali was a life-long dream. After battling with sickness earlier in the year, I went on a search for the perfect trip to Bali...and then I found Mind, Body, Soul Surf Bali. I believe it was divine intervention. I could not have wished for a better group of women to spend a week with, nor two more gracious people to take us under their wing and show us all that Bali has to offer.

Sarah and Deduk are warm, caring and welcoming individuals. Sarah had answers for all our questions and can literally make anything happen for you - she hooked me up with an awesome tattoo artist:) The guys at Double D are likely the most patient teachers on this earth...I'm no easy student. Ellie is probably the best yoga instructor I have ever had.

If you're looking for a place that will feel like home away from home, is immersive in the Balinese culture and can be molded to your own needs, MBS is the place for you. I know I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Stuttgart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This trip was the best what my body and my heart could get. After months of working hard, I decided to give myself a chilly week of surfing and relaxing. By chance I found this offer of MBS and booked this trip. Before, during and after my stay at Bali, I could feel the heartiness of Sarah and Deduk as they took care of me in every matter and time. While getting to know the balinese culture, language and food my mind could fully relax and I have to admit that I am totally crazy about surfing now. Thank you, Sarah and Deduk, for this funny and amazing week :-)

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was the perfect last minute trip to rest and relax. I went with some girlfriends and had a wonderful time. We'd been to Bali before but this was soo relaxing because we didn't have to think of anything! Sarah is always there to look after you - whether that is to book in a dinner reservation (or sunset cocktails!), advise on the best shopping spots or simply call a taxi. We are 'in' to fitness and the relaxation of yoga but also enjoy a bit of chocolate and a glass of wine. This is the best retreat because you have the choice of how 'healthy' you want to be. The food provided was delicious, healthy and ample (and catered for me, a vegetarian, at each meal - even soy milk!).
The Double D surf school is fanstastic. The staff always made us feel safe out in the water but also how to push us to be better too!
Our yoga instructor was also so professional and experienced. She tailored the program to all of us and it was great to wake up, walk outside the door of your room and onto the yoga mat.
If you're even considering this - do it, book now. You'll have an amazing time!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I did a week of surf with Mind body soul surf, beginning of august 2013 . The week was just AMAZING ! Everything was perfect and so much fun.To begin with the surf classes. Deduk is the best teacher you can imagine. He is patient and funny ! I really had a lot of fun and laughed a lot. I liked the surf so much , that back home in France , i am looking already were I could go to practice some surf.

On top of the marvelous surf in the morning , I had a lot of other special moments. Sarah and Deduk were just perfect in organising the best moments. There was the beautiful temple visit of tanah lot. Deduk organised to go up to pray. That was a beautiful experience.
There was the beautiful yoga sesion at Desa seni, the NIA dance class who was one of the most fun dance classes in my live ! And then I didn't talk yet about the food : our fantastic dinner outings, our daily amazing sandwich after surf ...

Sarah also organised the best spa treatments and a chakra healing !

It was just a perfect week . A mix of fun, good food, surf , sun , emotions , good talks and spirituality !

Thanks Sarah and Deduk !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Sarah and Deduk are so mindful about every single detail! Typical food (you can even see how it's made), accomodation, individual surf lessons, even the little cards they leave on your bed every day are so right for every moment of the retreat. You will feel pampered, relax, and happy 24/7.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Mind Body Soul Surf Bali Retreat? Share your experiences!