“Modern and clean hotel with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SAVE ANOTHER 5% WITH US!
Ranked #49 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Modern and clean hotel with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at IZE hotel deluxe room with jacuzzi for 4 nights. The check in was fast, room comes with free wifi and complementary soft drinks as well as bottled water that gets top up each day. The bathroom amenities were fantastic and ultra spacious with a big tub. However, the hair dryer provided was too weak took ages to dry my hair. Hotel is located on the main road surrounded by many eating options but requires long walk to the beach.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Indonesian first
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Very impressed with this hotel from the minute we walked in. The photos which attracted us in the first place on trip advisor are exactly what you get, clean and modern. Everyone is very friendly and the rooms are kept immaculate. Best bathroom I have ever had in a hotel. Good size tv with too many channels you won't know what to choose. Free wifi. The rooftop pool is nice overlooking the local area and kept a a good temperature. The buffet breakfast included is OK not a huuuuuge selection but what's there isn't terrible and the coffee they make to order is surprisingly very good. I wouldn't think twice about trying to find anywhere else for my next stay in seminyak. It's close to everything with a heap of nice bars and restaurants within a few steps of the front of hotel.

Stayed February 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights at IZE and I'm very pleased. It's nothing flash, but it is extremely clean and the staff very friendly. As others have said, the street noise can be bothersome to some people but I haven't found it a problem. Because, what do you expect if you book at a hotel that's on a main road? The rooms are alway very well kept and the cleaning staff are super fast and efficient! The bathroom is also very spacious. We brought a hard drive full of tv shows and movies with us but I didn't use it once. The massive range of tv channels on offer was enough to keep me occupied of an evening. The roof top pool is lovely. We always took out own drinks up with us (I don't know if this is actually allowed, but we were never told off) the bar does offer some really good tasting cocktails too. I loved the gym. All the equipment was clean and in excellent working order. (Seemed brand new) There's not much choice but give me just a treadmill and I'm happy. Breakfast is really nice. It's the usual buffet breakfast with western and asian choices. It's always tasted fresh and the hot foods are kept at a hot temperature. You can also order whatever coffee you want.
The only bad thing I really have to say about IZE is that our friends in the room right next door have bad wifi and ours is totally fine! AND that on my first night I knocked a cup off the bathroom bench by accident and now I have to pay $25 for it :(
But if that's all I have to complain about, I'm pretty lucky.

Stayed February 2014
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We booked 5 nights in a Deluxe Pool Room. First impressions were good, although the room wasn't great size wise. The idea of walking out into the pool is great in theory, but we didn't use the pool and I didn't see one of the other rooms use it either. The pool gets no sun, and people walking in the reception area have a clear view of the pool too - so not very private, so kind of defeats the purpose really!! The room was nice and modern and the bed and pillows were first class.

Disappointingly we were told we would have to move rooms after 3 nights as they had double booked the pool rooms - although this was an inconvenience to have to pack and move mid trip, it was actually a blessing as we were upgraded to a Club Suite, of which there are only 2, on the 7th floor.

Probably wouldn't have stayed at the Ize again after staying in the Pool Room, but would definitely go back and stay in the Club Suite.
The room was a really good size, with a large balcony overlooking the street. Although the view wasn't magnificent it was nice to sit out and relax and enjoy the hustle and bustle going on below.

The decor was lovely and the bathroom was amazing too - with a jacuzzi that fitted two people in, albeit a little bit of a tight squeeze. Was still quite noisy even though you were up on the top floor - so if you are looking for somewhere super quiet, this isn't the ideal place!! I don't mind a bit of atmosphere, so this didn't bother me at all.

Price wise, I think it is a little bit steep - we paid approx $200 AUD a night for the Pool Room, and realistically you could get a Private Villa for this price which would be much bigger and better. Our upgrade to the Club Suite was free, but I think these rooms go for $250+ AUD a night - which again is probably a little over the top. The Club Suite would definitely be worth paying $180 - $200 a night though - was the size of a villa, but without the private pool, which didn't bother me too much.

All in all, the hotel was nice and the service was good, and I'd definitely head back to stay in the Club Suite again. Location is right on Eat St, across from all the nice restaurants - which is perfect!

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as we like to try new places that have popped up, but it looked pleasant enough as we walked through each morning.

If you can get a good deal, it is definitely worth staying here and giving it a go!

Room Tip: Definitely go the Club Suite.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I just came back from a week staying at the IZE in Seminyak and I absolutely cannot flaw this hotel. I had stayed by myself the first few days, and whilst I was initially nervous and at times 'difficult' to say the least each and every one of the staff were kind, patient and accommodating to my needs. They really were fantastic. The hotel is modern, simplistic and clean. Although the food menu was not extensive, it was fresh and tasty, including breakfast. I tend to agree with a previous review that there was a little lacking in the atmosphere for the rooftop bar but at night there is a live band downstairs which attracts a crowd. The hotel location is central to main strips in Seminyak; everything you need or want is within walking distance, including beach and Ku de Ta which is only 10 minutes. Thank you for having us IZE!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at Ize Seminyak for a week at the end of January 2014. From the second we arrived we were impressed with the service - they handed us a drink as we were checking in! The rooms were neat and cleaned regularly by the friendly staff. The only let down about the room was the lack of DVD player (We ended up hiring one from a local DVD shop but could not plug it in to the tv as it was wall mounted). The service was amazing... I got sick after a day in Kuta and the staff helped us to arrange for a doctor to come to the room at 1.30 in the morning! The rooftop bar and pool was lovely and very modern as well - a great place to relax with views of the ocean. The free breakfast was sufficient - not as great as nearby Revolver or Sea Circus but nonetheless pretty good food and a great atmosphere.

All in all a really great experience - would highly recommend it and would definitely stay at Ize again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Cosmictraveller1,

Thank you very much for your time to review us on Trip Advisor!

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our property and that you were impressed with our service since your arrival. We have an amazing team making all of this possible.

In regards of the DVD player, I am sure you will be glad to know that after we received several comments on this we have decided to set it up in every room so by the end of the year we hopefully have all rooms equipped. Nevertheless, at this moment we do have some units in Front Desk that our guest can always borrow at no additional charge.

Thank you again for staying with us and thanks for recommending us!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

ROCIO
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was traveling solo to Bali for business and needed a central hotel and this was perfect! I also chose IZE as I am getting married in Bali in October and have offered this as a hotel option for our guests so naturally, I wanted to test it out.

I was so pleased to have an early check-in which gave me time to relax before a meeting. The rooms were well designed, had good amenities, was a good size, nice rain shower, and the service was excellent and staff very nice.

While it is not a beachfront luxury hotel, it is right in the heart of all the action and a five minute walk to Seminyak Square. I would stay again for business and can now officially recommend this hotel to our wedding guests :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rocio E, Manager at Ize Seminyak, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Joanna N,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

We truly appreciate your trust to recommend us to your friends and guests in such a special occasion. Thanks on behalf of the entire IZE family!

We are looking forward to accommodate them and contribute to a memorable stay in the Island of the Gods!

Best regards,

ROCIO

Been to Ize Seminyak? Share your experiences!