“Glad we found you” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 115 Hotels in Seminyak
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Glad we found you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

On december 2012 me and my wife plan to stayed in one of villas in seminyak, and the villa was definitely different within the photo in booking.com and the actual so we decided to cancel our booking. on the way back we saw IZE in front of rumours. Its new hotel so we decided to see it first. After we see, no doubt we have to stay there and we stay in Deluxe room with Jacuzzi and with lagoon access. The room was clean and the bathroom was spacious. the staff are excellent especially the GM. Awesome services. And the pool offering a great view since it is in a roof top. Glad we found you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JoseLuisCalleR, Managing Director - Lifestyle Retreats at Ize Seminyak, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mi-171112

Thank you so much for your kind review. That was very sweet of you!! T

hanks again for your compliments and please come back for a second visit now that the product is fully completed and all facilities and services operational!.. no doubt our team will love to see you again!.

JOSE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights before I moved to another hotel in Nusa Dua. This hotel is new and located in the center of Seminyak food and shopping area. Since the hotel is less than one year old, the hotel is very clean and the most interesting thing is the design of the hotel.

The room is very modern and equipped with all amenities that you need. I had no trouble to get sleep since the bed is very comfortable. However, I could still hear the music from the nearby club.

The most fabulous thing about this hotel are the service and friendliness of its staffs. They never stop smiling and friendly with the guest. A week before my trip, I called the hotel to arrange a little surprise for my partner who was having a birthday on my check-in date. I spoke with Tagor, the front office manager, and I trusted him to arrange the surprise. It turned out that 5 minutes after my partner and I checked in our room, Tagor and not less than 5 hotel staffs came and brought a birthday cake for my partner and all of them sang the birthday song. It was a very nice surprise and more than what I expected. I have to give my special appreciation to Tagor, he is very helpful and attentive. He have done everything for us, from arranging the birthday surprise, brought our luggage and valeting our car.

One thing that was a little disturbing is the parking area of this hotel. There is no direct access from the main hotel building to the basement parking area. The parking area is located in the back of the hotel and you need to pass a small road beside the hotel. I did not feel comfortable to pass the small road in the late night. But the hotel provides free valet service for its guests. I also don't really like the swimming pool, although it has a nice design and beautifully located in the top of the hotel, the size of the pool should be bigger.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JoseLuisCalleR, Managing Director - LIfestyle Retreats at Ize Seminyak, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Bootack

Many thanks for your kind review. It was indeed a pleasure having you with us at IZE. I have conveyed your compliments and appreciation to Tagor and his wonderful team for their kindness and care in such special occasion.They are indeed the biggest asset of the resort.

I have taken note of your comments regarding the parking and would like to share with you that we are working on a less troublesome way to access the parking through the ground floor making it more convenience for guests that may want to park their cars or motorcycles personally instead of using our valet service while for the pool indeed not the best for sun tanning or long laps but on the positive side, the whole roof top, with the lounge and bar is perfect for sunset.

Thanks again for your staying with us and don’t hesitate to contact Tagor or me directly anytime you would like to pay us a visit .. looking forward to welcoming you back !

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel and the service is excellent. We stayed at the Club Room from 22 to 25 May. The room came with airport transfers. In the car, they gave us cold bottle of water and towel. When we arrived, checking in was a breeze.

The Club Room was on the top floor and contents in the mini bar is complimentary. Bathroom walls are all glass so for those going with friends, do take note. It comes with rain shower and hand shower. Only complaint that there is no ledge within the shower cubicle to put shampoo and stuff. There is no door so water tends to splash out. The bed was comfy and we came back to a surprise one night. The hotel left an elephant on the bed made out of folded towels.

Breakfast is not buffet style, you get to order from 4 different sets (American, continental, jap and Indonesian) from the Meja Restaurant. Do ensure that you have ample time since breakfast is only cooked upon order. Loved the fruit salad, scrambled eggs(from American set), Indonesian mee goreng. Great food overall.

Location is great. It is at the busy shopping street of Seminyak and surrounded by restaurants and bars.

Service is great too. As our flight leaves at 8pm, the hotel were kind enough to let us check out at 530pm. Also, Jule greeted us by name the night before as we approached the hotel counter to settle our check out timing and airport transfers. It's very personal.

The hotel comes with two pools (one on rooftop L7 and another on L1. I think if you get the deluxe pool access room, you can literally jump into the pool from your room. There is a gym, business center, car for hire, Meja Restaurant, poolside bar and club.

My only regret is not having enough time to spend in the room, and try the Meja's other dishes and the facilities. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Lingling35100

Many thanks for your kind review. I have conveyed your regards to Juli and also the team at Meja for their service and attention during your stay at IZE.

The Club rooms are indeed great providing additional benefits compared to our deluxe rooms as you noticed. But for the location, indeed spot on! Especially if one wants to walk around the area without having to worry about driving, taxis, etc..

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back!
Sydney, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great rooms...funky...spa bath was great. A few free soft drinks in the bar fridge is fun. Breakfast was sufficient and tasty. Downside is pool is mostly undercover and all sunlounges are under cover so no way of getting a tan. Also the music from the inhouse club can be heard in the rooms.

Room Tip: Furthest from the club
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Away243

Many thanks for your kind review regarding your recent stay at IZE. I can’t deny that our roof top pool is not being designed taking into consideration those wanting a sun tan.

Please accept my apology for the disturbance caused by Meja Bar while in house. I believe it was the time when we had a guest DJ and the team organized a special event. Although the music is usually under control I am afraid that our DJ got a bit “excited” on that specific night.

Very sorry about that. I will remind the team to monitor the volume of the Club so we don’t compromise anyone’s stay in the future.

Best regards and thanks again for staying with us.
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at Ize with a friend back in January in the middle of a SE Asia school trip (Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand- lots of fun..!). We picked Ize because it looked cool, seemed to be in a "happening" area according to reviews, and had free wifi (so crucial). Since my stay was some time ago, I'll boil this down to a few pros and cons:

Pros:
- Really great, modern design asthetic- the hotel itself is quite beautiful. Nice beds, stylish showers
- FREE wifi. Not just an hour, not just in the lobby, everywhere all the time. And it was pretty great speed
- Steps from good restaurants and shops- Seminyak is a surfer-y, touristy area so you'll have tons to eat at reasonable prices.
- Reasonably priced tours. We payed about $75 each for an entire day in a private SUV with a lovely staff member who took us to Ubud. He dropped us off where we wanted (Bali zoo, Monkey forest temple, local shops, temples), waited, and when we came back to the car was waiting for us with cold waters and cooled, damp towels. Um- absolutely worth it. Que classy, right?
- Reasonably priced airport travel in said SUV. The staff will have someone take you and they can be as conversational or not as you are. Very attuned to guest moods, which is appreciated when you're tired.
- Free Breakfast!! At the little restaurant connected to the front of the hotel. The menu LOOKS a la carte but you get everything- filling, very tasty, completely satisfying/smile inducing :)
- LOVELY staff. So completely friendly! We got there a week after this place opened so everyone seemed eager to please- the manager came and chatted with us while we waited on our room. It was just a pleasant experience.

Cons:
- It's in southeast Asia. Which is amazing but also means MOSQUITOS. Apparently fumigation is a regular thing here (once we walked back to a hotel that looked like it was on fire- nope, just fumigating out the mosquitos which is like totally normal) and we had to wait outside one day waiting to get back in. We laughed about it but you know, it doesn't help that this is an *open air concept* hotel, meaning that the lobby is outside, the hallways are outside, etc.
- No pool. :( The rooftop pool wasn't open when we got there, and since the beaches of Bali/Seminyak aren't that great we were looking forward to that to get our tan on. No such luck. We made up for it in Phuket, but would liked to have been able to experience it at Ize. (Bonus, we snuck up to the hotel area to see the extent of not-readyness, and hilariously there were a bunch of workers taking naps on pool chairs.)
- A way of a walk to the beach, which can be a bit confusing. Took us like.. 15+ minutes to get there.

All and all I would TOTALLY recommend Ize Seminyak, and if I go back to Bali will stay with them- totally nice and once they get into their groove should be the best place in that area!

Room Tip: Don't pay for pool side rooms- not worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Brittany C

Many thanks for taking time to share with us details of your stay back on February. We sincerely appreciate your positive review despite the fact that we were still trying to complete certain areas of the property with workers working at the roof top pool area.

You will be glad to know that everything was completed by end of March with all services and facilities now on operation.

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back soon!.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Located on Seminyaks busy restaurant strip. Very much a "hotel" so if you are looking for a resort skip the Ize. We were upgraded to a "pool side room" which is a lap pool with seven other rooms with acsess to the pool. There is a tiny step from the room to the pool with no room to sit and enjoy the pool. The roof top pool is small with a view of the surrounding roof tops. The bathroom has glass walls on three sides and although there is a blind to pull down (from inside the bathroom) afford little privacy when traveling as a couple. At night light floods the bathroom from the outside so if you require a completley dark room to sleep -- this is not the place. Staff need to know the surrounding area of Seminyak a little better. Free shuttle bus to and from airport. Very modern and minimalistic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travelaround61

Many thanks for staying with us last month and for sparing few minutes to share with us comments on your stay. As you well pointed out IZE is not the usual resort type in Bali being indeed our idea to develop an urban retreat in the middle of Bali’s most exciting address, Seminyak, conveniently located right in the middle of the action!!!
But for your comments regarding privacy you will be glad to know that we are correcting the situation in the bathrooms installing frosted glass in all twin and also certain number of double rooms while for the “blue” light in the hollow balcony at the bathrooms we have installed timers that switch off the light at certain time to allow 100% blackout although in the morning skylight obviously may disturb those wanting to sleep in a bit longer…

We have taken note of your feedback and will refresh our team knowledge about what to do around the resort: restaurants, bars and favourite shops.

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Ize Seminyak is relatively new, so everything in the room is shiny bright and very modern. The beds and pillows are very comfortable , and the room size was pretty big for a solo traveller and I think even fine for a couple. The bed is huge, great spaces to keep your bags, a a large, comfy , oval sofa. They have a great selection of tv channels and very prompt on service. The amenities in the room are similar to what you find in many 5star hotels. The room service is prompt but the taste of food is wanting. I had the three different breakfasts, The banana pancakes with pistachio and mascarpone was great, the indonesian breakfast with the nasi goreng was ok (I was expecting better as the cooks are local), the american breakfast with poached eggs, bacon and potatoes was also ok. The mushrooms and spinach were great but the potatoes were not cooked. However, my room service chocolate fondant was awesome !!! So small glitches when it comes to food but otherwise a great experience made even more so by the staff - kasih, andre, gita and the manager Jean, their hospitality and going out of their way to make me feel welcome. They always remembered my name, if they knew I was going to the spa or to dinner they always asked specific questions about my experience. Their friendliness was what made my experience at Ize Seminyak outstanding !!! The restaurant Khaima is around the corner and the Amadea spa around the corner is great for a good spa treatment. alternatively you get a discount at their sister property amala. Thanks Ize for a great experience :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Esen 2012

Thank you soooooo much for your lovely review. It was indeed a pleasure meeting you during your stay at Ize. Thank you for all your positive comments which are indeed the best compliment for our team: nothing better than a positive feedback to get them to smile even more and push service forward.

Look forward to meeting you again very soon!.
JOSE

Been to Ize Seminyak? Share your experiences!