“Excellent service & great location!” 5 of 5 stars

La Belle Villa
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Jalan Kunti 2 No. 100, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #142 of 306 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent service & great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here very last minute after some major issues with our last villa. We booked around 8.30am and were there by 9am and they were so accommodating!

Within 5 minutes we were let into our room, explained about breakfast and asked if we needed anything at all. The villas are set back from the main road, but still in a great location in seminyak. It is across the intersection from Bali Deli and a short stroll to the nicer shops in the area.

I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone. It's reasonably priced, and the people are just so lovely! We called to ask for a cola but they didn't have any but they offered to walk to the shops for us. Amazing!

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This Villa is somewhat new, therefore not all the cab drivers know where it is. give them the cross streets and they'll get you there. It's away from the touristy street and it's quiet. It's a lovely spot, near an indomart and within walking distance of the main touristy street.

The villa itself is greaty. there's a small pool, you get an out door living room, and bathroom. don't freak about the outdoor bathroom. You just have a partially open ceiling next to the shower. You can see the moon when you shower, but be aware bugs can fly in. Keep your bathroom door shut to keep them from going into your room. Your room has ac, it's the only part of your villa that has ac.

Breakfast is served in your villa. You can watch tv while you eat. The staff is very friendly and nice. There is always someone at the desk if you need something. But don't expect them to plan your tours out, you have to be a bit pro active here. But you'll be happy here, for the price you'll be happy.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

La Belle Villa, just out of the "heart" of Seminyak (meaning it's not exactly on any of the main Seminyak shopping streets) is a really nice, clean, friendly place to stay.

I must admit, when my transportation first pulled up at the front of the Villas I was a little deflated because they are on a rather busy street which runs off the main highway through the Seminyak area. BUT, and I emphasise the BUT, this was just my very first impression and, I wasn't going to let that detract from my stay.

At the front of the Villas is a small reception area, which is pretty much open to the street, where the staff will greet you and scan your passport, give you your keys and info about the Villas and then take you to your Villa.

The pool area is right here at the front of the Villas, separated from the small car park at he front and the street by a very high wall, so if you intend to have a "laze and relax by the pool" kind of holiday, then I suggest that La Belle is not for you, because I'm sure the street noise during the day would be a huge distraction from that kind of holiday. That's not the kind of holiday I was intending though, so it didn't effect me whatsoever. The pool is shared with all of the (6) villas and my use of the pool was generally for a morning wake-up swim and an early evening swim, before heading out to dinner. I didn't have to share the pool with anyone else during my 5 days at the Villas! The pool is what some might consider small but I found it an adequate size for some laps and a bit of relaxation. And it is very well maintained.

My Villa, Number 1, was right at the front of the property and consisted of a nice size outdoor lounge room, with a kitchenette and bar fridge, with kettle and very simple cooking facilities, should you need them, but with all of the great restaurants and warungs in Seminyak, who wants to cook?!

The entrance to the Villas is via your own private, lockable doors and there are very high walls surrounding your lounge room. There's also a nice little garden area.

The bedroom is a good size with lovely air conditioning, extremely comfortable bed and bedding and it is very very nice environment - there's also a flat screen TV with lots of channels to surf.

The indoor/outdoor bathroom is very interesting and accommodating, with a bath toilet, bathtub, large vanity and "outdoor" shower - there's kind of a skylight that exposes the shower to the outside world. I did think thought that the shower had the potential to be a haven for mosquitos and there were a few around, but it wasn't exactly a plague!! The towels are beautifully clean, as is the entire bathroom area and, indeed, the whole villa.

Breakfast was included in my room rate and the staff will usually ask you on a daily basis as you come and go to order your breakfast (from a menu at the front desk) and choose a serving time - anywhere from 7am to midday!! Very generous.

The available foods were fairly limited but of a pretty good standard - eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, banana pancake, fresh fruit platter (mainly rockmelon, watermelon and papaya), tea/coffee and "fresh" juice. I ordered the juice once, but I'm fairly sure it was made from perhaps powder, but it definitely was not fresh OJ!! Hence I bought my own at some of the many minimarts scattered around Seminyak. And best thing about breakfast - you can order a combination of all of the things listed. My favourite was the banana pancake, which came with a very sugary syrup of some kind (it's not maple) and it went very well with the fruit platter. I also requested no watermelon after the first day, cos I simply don't like the stuff - and that was accommodated.

The rooms were maintained every day - beds made, floors swept and mopped - my mess cleaned up.

And the staff are simply lovely, lovely people - ready to help you out in whichever way they can.

I slept really well in the comfy bed, the A/C worked well, the shower was great (though it does take a few minutes for that hot water to come through initially - don't give up!). And, there was no noise issue at night and, to be honest, I didn't even find it a problem during the day when I was out in my lounge area - but, some of you just might find it irritating. I think I tend to close those things out eventually.

So, I highly recommend this really comfortable, clean, well-run establishment for so so many reasons. I really enjoyed my stay there and should I return to Seminyak in the future, I will be glad to enjoy their hospitality again.

Room Tip: If you think the noise might bother you, ask for a villa not at the front - there are 6 all up, with...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I read the previous reviews here before choosing LBV. It's exactly as described: clean, well serviced, with great staff. Our room was starting to show some wear and tear, but nothing to detract from the overall experience. It's located close to Bali Deli (better value and food range than the Bintang supermarket) and 5 mins walk from Jalan Seminyak and some decent shops and eateries.

Must do: Pak Malan is a hole-in-the-wall kind of restaurant that SOLELY does babi guling. Having eaten at the Babi Guling Sanur, and heard recent negative reports of Ubud equivalents, Pak Malan is THE BEST. For around IDR30000 you get a Tehbotol, cracking soup, and the best pork/rice you will ever have. Get on!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have the same layout. I guess aim for away from the pool (no room has a pool...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The villas offered are clean, tidy, private and have a nice homely feel. We found the room and bed to be super comfortable. The outdoor area of each villa is equipped with fridge, sink, stove and outdoor furniture and is a great little area to hang out or entertain a couple of guests. Service is always with a smile. We were allowed a late checkout (6pm) as our flight was not until later in the evening, and the place was not booked out when we stayed here. Sure the pool is small, but it was always super clean and does the trick. Breakfast is basic, but does the job. All of this for a relatively good price for the standard of comfort, accommodation and service that you get. La Belle Villa is located only a few minutes walk to the start of the many Seminyak shopping strips (including supermarket Bali Deli), while the beach is about 20-30 minutes walk away/5 minutes in a taxi (about 20,000-30,000 Rupiah). If all of the above sounds like something you could be interested in, I would highly recommend staying at La Belle Villa for your stay in Seminyak/Bali.

Room Tip: Villas further back from the road would be more quiet. However, all rooms are quiet enough in my opi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Lovely small hotel with great rooms and service. For the price you bay this is an absolute gem of a place. All the staff went out of their way to help, arranging transport, delaying breakfast when we were lazy and always looking after us. The hotel is new so there are some small teething problems but nothing that will upset your stay.
Thanks again

• Stayed October 2012
bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Brand new villa, more to it than online photos. 6 villas in total with a shared pool, cleaned every 2 days that I saw but possibly daily.

Villas are fabulous. King size top of the range bed, pillows and linen, strong a/c however i found the rooms to be well insulated, seems double concrete slab so room was cool even without a/c. Secure, electronic in-room safe; black out curtains over front double glass doors. Bathroom beautifully appointed with large bath and rain shower; amenities provided.

Outdoor portion of villa secure with lockable outer door. Small kitchenette with 2 hotplates, cutlery, crockery and pot for boiling water. Bar fridge with freezer and ice tray. Large sink and prep area. On the other side, a lounge area with 2 solid bar stools, large coffee table, comfy lounge and mounted lcd tv with loads of channels. Next to this tiled area is a courtyard planted with dichondra and baby bamboo, banana trees and various tropical plants border the white washed walls enclosing your outdoor area. All the furniture matches and is in a good quality limed beach wood look. Design and decor are just fabulous.

The pool is just inside from reception. Very clean with a lawned and tropical plant area alongside it. As well as a few sun lounges, (more arriving soon) there are table and seating as per the pics. I spotted a small weber barbeque there also. Finding a place with a sunny pool and impeccably clean is what led me to la belle. I had my choice of sun or shade from 10.30am onwards.

The entire place is spotless, greened and in good working order.

Mario, the Manager and son of the owner was fabulous. A lot of places will provide comp pick-ups from the airport but few do the return trip. Always feels like they don't care about the last impression to ensure you become a return guest. En-route from the airport Mario took me to the Bintang money changer and waited while I picked up my groceries. So kind of him...saved me time and money. Btw there is no surchage for fresh daily linen as stated on bookings.com Basic brekky of eggs, toast, banana pancakes, fruit plate, tea, coffee, juice provided complimentary either poolside or in your villa at your time of choosing until 11am.

The staff are still in training and while they don't anticipate a guests needs, all you need do is ask and they are more than willing to fulfill your requests.

I loved the location too. Bali Deli just up the road, as was Ebien Spa (a little dirty) but Indra was a brilliant therapist and the prices are ridiculously cheap...open to 11pm. A few doors up is a fabulous new restaurant Warung Jarami. Immaculately clean, fabulous food and drinks, all very inexpensive. Staff here too are fabulous. Receive a 10% discount card for return visits and if you go as l often as I did you receive a 15% members card. If you want to shop just continue up the road and you come to the early seminyak part of jalan seminyak and can go either direction for shops galore. Go towards legian a few blocks and enjoy a fabulous all day breakfast at Warung Ocha.

I bought some mossie coils but did not need them. Did not encounter even one tout in the area which was also a blessing. Will definitely be re-booking.

Room Tip: I had requested a poolside villa and that is what I got. Around the pool and in my outdoor area of t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to La Belle Villa? Share your experiences!