“Cute hotel with very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

Save Saved
You added L Hotel Seminyak to your Saves list
L Hotel Seminyak
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raya Petitenget No 8L, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #42 of 89 hotels in Seminyak
“Cute hotel with very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The staff absolutely made this hotel - incredibly helpful and friendly!

Loved the quirky touches such as the towel origami, "welcome home" greeting whenever you returned to the hotel and the pillow menu!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you Angelique. Glad u enjoyed your stay. Our staff are happy they made your day and will continue to strive to exceed guest expectations.

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great hotel, definitely not a 5 star one but definitely a 4.. Clean rooms and amazing helpful staff.. The only issue is the toilet which s a part of the closet! Yes it is! There s no balcony and you can't open the windows to get fresh air.. But definitely a nice hotel.. Will stay again

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Afrooz

Our toilet is cleverly paneled the same row as the wardrobe cabinet but not part of the wardrobe. Being a boutique hotel, in our Lifestyle suites, not Luxe suites, the shower area and toilet are separated to give quaint privacy to the couple. It is just a design style of the architect and interior designer to make use of spaces more functional. Majority of our customers love it. We believe our service is good and that our product, which is selected by Small Luxury Hotels of The World ( SLH) where only premium products of esteemed unique experience and 5 star quality are qualified.

We hope to continue to improve to meet your expectation.
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had 10 days fantastic stay in this hotel, they provide 5 star services, where as a single traveller will get Goldie fish as a companion. The room very comfortable and i loved the room amenites Kiehl's, i have 24 hours Butler service, love the food and the Luna rooftop bar for evening cocktail. Every night i got diffrent kind of towel origami and diffrent bed time story. They have very good massage and facial. The location this hotel is fantastic where you can explore seminyak and surround and also they provide me late check out as i have late flight. All staff is friendly and always smile.
For me this is the best hotel in Bali and will back soon !!

Lolo.

Lolo.

Room Tip: Every room is very comfortable no worries
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

L hotel.....Little ...Luxurious...Lovely ...Lots More at bestest ... Just loved the lovely warm staff...make u feel so comfortable. The little warm room with comfy beds n Large pillows but stacked with all that you need from A to Z... Food was awesum... Everything was just superbbb...located away from the mad crowded lanes of Kuta yet in a serene location in the heart of Seminyak...thanks a lotttt for everything...L... Rockszzzzz

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is indeed a very interesting hotel. Read numerous raving reviews of this hotel and decided to spend a night there before heading south to Uluwatu. Apparently, they are part of the small luxury hotel chain. I was focusing more on the luxury aspect and didn't think twice about the small.

Personally, am not a fan of hotels that make you fill in so many forms on arrival, ended up taking 10 mins to check in. Turn off Number 1. Don't deny, it looks nice and trendy in the front and in the rooms. But goodness, maybe I am traditional, will pass over trendy any day for space. We initially couldn't find the toilet - then realized it was hidden as part of the closet! Turn off Number 2. Once you step in, its crazily small - i cant even straighten both my arms out properly (just to give you an idea for size) The shower is indeed a tight squeeze, then again, I like space and it was glass doors. Eliminates any chance of privacy. We barely had room to comfortably open up our luggages. ... I could go on. Oh yes - walking down the road at night could be rather dangerous without any pavements. You are literally walking on the road (without much street lamps). and the traffic can be rather crazy in Seminyak. They give you a choice of pillows, but that doesnt do much help when the walls are paper thin and you hear constant stream of traffic.

The amenities are nice though- they give you Kiehl's. Staff is warm and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LHotelSeminyak, General Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear jmejamesj,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet the level of expectation that we strive to achieve for each one of our guests.

I can understand for someone who is used to huge spaces and large suites, a ‘small but perfectly formed’ property as quoted in Sydney Herald Sun, may be perceived as petite in size, however our personalized service and premium Kiehl’s designer amenities and importantly the real soul of the Balinese people, culture and warm as well as subtle blends of heritage infused in our interiors, will uplift your stay as the soulful feeling grows on you the longer you stay.

Our architectural and interior style is skewed towards blending heritage with modernity and having all the elements of luxury within a compact area. The concept is small and luxurious, which explains why we join Small Luxury Hotels of The World. I am quite sure before you decided to stay at L hotel, you have an idea that we are not the typical big hotels with the enormous space. It was intentional to steer away from the cookie cutter of traditional Balinese feel and structure of hotels and villas. We infact have many guests who appreciate the toilet separated from the shower area. As that gives privacy and convenience to couples. This facility is only applicable in our lead in Lifestyle Suites.

Each of the Suites has been carefully built to meet the International building codes and International property standard by the famous Bali Architect, Popo Danes, to give the highest comfort and relaxing environment to our guests. Our shower area is spacious enough and this is the first time I hear of a difficulty. Infact the standing space is more than sufficient for a few adults in our Lifestyle suite shower area and in our Luxe suite, a lovey dovey couple can shower together at least and not forgetting we have the provision of a luxurious bath tub . Perhaps our style did not appeal to you but every facility and touch point are built to give an insular and sensory experience.

Should you choose to return to L Hotel Seminyak, please do contact me so that I can oversee your visit.

Budiman Widjaja
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently traveled to Bali by myself for a yoga retreat. I had one night before the retreat at the L Hotel. When I booked, I was just hoping for a clean room, shower and an easy airport transfer. L Hotel offered all those things and more! Although the hotel and rooms are on the smaller side, both are of a very high standard. I booked the 'Lifestyle Suite,' which was beautifully appointed and the floor plan was extremely well thought out. I feel like the amenities and services L Hotel provides makes up for where it lacks in size. The in-room amenities were Kiehl's, there was a turn down service that consisted of a delicious treat as well as a gold fish to keep me company! You are also given a butler upon arrival. They can book spa treatments (in their fantastic spa next door), carry your bags and help with any other need you may have. To top it all off, literally, they have a roof top bar that does happy hour! This hotel is ideal if you want somewhere central from which to explore Seminyak and surrounds. Do note that while there are two 'pools' on site (one in the restaurant and the other in the spa), the pool where you would lay out is a short walk away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The L Hotel is a very small boutique hotel located on the fringes on Seminyak. It is part of the small luxury hotel chain. Small is the key word here to describe this hotel. My room was the smallest I have stayed in ever! I'm not an overly tall person (5'11), but I found moving around the from, along with getting out of the shower and drying myself challenging. My room my on the second level facing the main road. Needless to say it was quite noisy. The other issue was that I could hear people, pipes and toilets from other rooms as the walls were only paper thin. The toilet was located in the cupboard (a novel idea), but once again very little room to move in. The saving grace was the staff who were always very friendly.

Room Tip: Room high up and facing away from the main road.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to L Hotel Seminyak? Share your experiences!