“Clean and nice but wouldn't stay here again. Better options in Seminyak” 2 of 5 stars
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

Save Saved
You added L Hotel Seminyak to your Saves list
L Hotel Seminyak
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raya Petitenget No 8L, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #41 of 94 hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Clean and nice but wouldn't stay here again. Better options in Seminyak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is indeed a very interesting hotel. Read numerous raving reviews of this hotel and decided to spend a night there before heading south to Uluwatu. Apparently, they are part of the small luxury hotel chain. I was focusing more on the luxury aspect and didn't think twice about the small.

Personally, am not a fan of hotels that make you fill in so many forms on arrival, ended up taking 10 mins to check in. Turn off Number 1. Don't deny, it looks nice and trendy in the front and in the rooms. But goodness, maybe I am traditional, will pass over trendy any day for space. We initially couldn't find the toilet - then realized it was hidden as part of the closet! Turn off Number 2. Once you step in, its crazily small - i cant even straighten both my arms out properly (just to give you an idea for size) The shower is indeed a tight squeeze, then again, I like space and it was glass doors. Eliminates any chance of privacy. We barely had room to comfortably open up our luggages. ... I could go on. Oh yes - walking down the road at night could be rather dangerous without any pavements. You are literally walking on the road (without much street lamps). and the traffic can be rather crazy in Seminyak. They give you a choice of pillows, but that doesnt do much help when the walls are paper thin and you hear constant stream of traffic.

The amenities are nice though- they give you Kiehl's. Staff is warm and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LHotelSeminyak, General Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear jmejamesj,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet the level of expectation that we strive to achieve for each one of our guests.

I can understand for someone who is used to huge spaces and large suites, a ‘small but perfectly formed’ property as quoted in Sydney Herald Sun, may be perceived as petite in size, however our personalized service and premium Kiehl’s designer amenities and importantly the real soul of the Balinese people, culture and warm as well as subtle blends of heritage infused in our interiors, will uplift your stay as the soulful feeling grows on you the longer you stay.

Our architectural and interior style is skewed towards blending heritage with modernity and having all the elements of luxury within a compact area. The concept is small and luxurious, which explains why we join Small Luxury Hotels of The World. I am quite sure before you decided to stay at L hotel, you have an idea that we are not the typical big hotels with the enormous space. It was intentional to steer away from the cookie cutter of traditional Balinese feel and structure of hotels and villas. We infact have many guests who appreciate the toilet separated from the shower area. As that gives privacy and convenience to couples. This facility is only applicable in our lead in Lifestyle Suites.

Each of the Suites has been carefully built to meet the International building codes and International property standard by the famous Bali Architect, Popo Danes, to give the highest comfort and relaxing environment to our guests. Our shower area is spacious enough and this is the first time I hear of a difficulty. Infact the standing space is more than sufficient for a few adults in our Lifestyle suite shower area and in our Luxe suite, a lovey dovey couple can shower together at least and not forgetting we have the provision of a luxurious bath tub . Perhaps our style did not appeal to you but every facility and touch point are built to give an insular and sensory experience.

Should you choose to return to L Hotel Seminyak, please do contact me so that I can oversee your visit.

Budiman Widjaja

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently traveled to Bali by myself for a yoga retreat. I had one night before the retreat at the L Hotel. When I booked, I was just hoping for a clean room, shower and an easy airport transfer. L Hotel offered all those things and more! Although the hotel and rooms are on the smaller side, both are of a very high standard. I booked the 'Lifestyle Suite,' which was beautifully appointed and the floor plan was extremely well thought out. I feel like the amenities and services L Hotel provides makes up for where it lacks in size. The in-room amenities were Kiehl's, there was a turn down service that consisted of a delicious treat as well as a gold fish to keep me company! You are also given a butler upon arrival. They can book spa treatments (in their fantastic spa next door), carry your bags and help with any other need you may have. To top it all off, literally, they have a roof top bar that does happy hour! This hotel is ideal if you want somewhere central from which to explore Seminyak and surrounds. Do note that while there are two 'pools' on site (one in the restaurant and the other in the spa), the pool where you would lay out is a short walk away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The L Hotel is a very small boutique hotel located on the fringes on Seminyak. It is part of the small luxury hotel chain. Small is the key word here to describe this hotel. My room was the smallest I have stayed in ever! I'm not an overly tall person (5'11), but I found moving around the from, along with getting out of the shower and drying myself challenging. My room my on the second level facing the main road. Needless to say it was quite noisy. The other issue was that I could hear people, pipes and toilets from other rooms as the walls were only paper thin. The toilet was located in the cupboard (a novel idea), but once again very little room to move in. The saving grace was the staff who were always very friendly.

Room Tip: Room high up and facing away from the main road.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our stay here was for just two nights but it was surely a memorable one. The staff was so friendly and cheerful. They were always happy to help and always greeted with a broad smile on their faces. :) The room was a cute one and quite different. It had a basin in the room! I found it very funny. The breakfast is lovely especially their freshly baked bread. Simply yum. Our butler, Dika was very sweet and helped us with the dinner reservations whenever we asked him to. The front desk guys were great too.

This place is very strategically located and getting a cab from there is very easy. Some very good restaurants are at a walkable distance from this place. Would surely visit L hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you revatipuranik for your compliments. Glad u enjoyed your stay. As we are a luxurious and quintessential property, we innovate and delight our guests. you will find novel experiences each time you stay with us again.
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

What a pleasant find is the LHotel: great location with walking distance to all main Seminyak attractions yet still in a quiet location. The staff was very attentive and the rooms are spacious and modern. As I single traveler I got company by a little gold fish in my room, Very cute touch.
The pool isn't in the main buidling but 3 min walking distance.
Overall great value for money

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Annichan
Good you appreciate your lovely goldfish. It is our guppy love to our independent travelers to keep them company. fyi, we do provide free drop off and pick up to our outdoor pool which is around the corner.

Look forward to welcoming you back
Angaston, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Nice location, plenty of nice places to eat and shop around. Try warung seleski I think thats what its called anyway? Probably only 100 metres away and delicious! Staff were all friendly and spoke resonable English. Rooftop bar and restaurant has nice views and decent food. Biggest issue was the room layout is very cramped but overall nice place to stay, thanks

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My stay at the L Hotel Seminyak was absolutely amazing!
As a solo female traveller I was trying to pick something central to everything and at the same time feel safe! I picked the perfect place.
The L Hotel location is great! It’s close to everything. A 10 minute walk to Seminyak, restaurants and shopping, and a 10 min stroll to Potato Head Beach Club and the beach.
More importantly is the exceptional customer service which I have honestly never received in any hotel I’ve been to, and I’m a frequent traveller of 5 star hotels.
At the airport, I was greeted with a cool washer, a bottle of water and a smile by my butler .. It only got better.
I was given a cell phone where I could call my butler to arrange anything for me. From appointments to Shuttle service to even drawing my bubble bath! I certainly felt safe knowing I had someone to call if I needed to.
I stayed in the Luxe Suite which was quite large and just perfect in design! In the room, there is everything you could possibly need. Starting with the most comfortable bed to most glorious bath to all the amenities you could need….nail clippers, scales, toothbrush/toothpaste, free minibar (non –alcoholic) along with many other surprises. A great rain shower with good pressure. They even had a gold fish to entertain me throughout my stay! Every night there is a turn down service, with a different "towel animal" in my room, along with a different bed time story and different snacks every night. Quite a nice touch. Probably this isn’t of great importance to some but the TV in the rooms have channels for the live EPL games! Important for sports lovers like myself!!
The Hotel is modern and new with a great design. I enjoyed going up to the Luna Rooftop where quite a friendly crowd gathers, (and made new friends) for some cocktails and really great food while watching the sunset. They also have a great Teppanyaki restaurant there which you have to try!
The breakfast is amazing! A la carte and the omelettes are made to order and were served to perfection. If you wished they could also serve breakfast in your room.
They served from what I could see great food over at the pool also, however I was too full from a good breakfast to eat it!! The pool is a minute walk from the hotel but in most other places I have stayed at the pool located inside the hotel took longer to get too so not a big deal.
The L Spa pamper you from the moment you walk through the door and prices were quite affordable. I did visit there quite a few times as the massages were quite good!
All the staff remembered my name and greeted me with a smile every time I walked past. If you appreciate fine details, being pampered by exceptional customer service then this is the place for you! I actually had quite a sad feeling when I left and everyone was waving me goodbye. It really did feel like id left a family.
I will definitely be going back!!
Angie

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Adeline Q, Resident Tastemaker at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Angie

wow! am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Plus you gave such a succinct review and detailed one, detailing all the little details of our service and offering.

Yes, indeed, we will strive to serve our guests and delight them. Pls do come back and spread the word to your friends

Been to L Hotel Seminyak? Share your experiences!