“2nd visit, some changes to be mentioned” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

You added L Hotel Seminyak to your Saves list
L Hotel Seminyak
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raya Petitenget No 8L, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #35 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“2nd visit, some changes to be mentioned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was my second visit to the L Hotel and there were just a few changes. Check in was great as usual. The Butler i had last time even stopped by just to say hi. I mentioned during check in that i would like to use a computer, expecting to be shown to a small workstation or something. Instead when I arrived in my room there was a laptop logged on and ready to go. Most importantly this laptop came with PowerPoint, so I was able to get my presentation ready for my next meeting. This was a pleasant surprise and a HUGE plus for me. One of the changes that I didn’t like however was the room service. On my last visit I really enjoyed the foie gras and the wagyu steak on the room service menu. Unfortunately both of these items have disappeared. In their place there is now a Japanese style set and ala carte menu...so Japanese foodies can enjoy...but I preferred the western style items. Breakfast is still awesome; the banana pancakes are outrageously good! And I still love this hotel. I go to Bali often for business and the L Hotel is the only place I stay. For a more in depth review please see my early visit...I wanted to focus on the changes for this review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LHotelSeminyak, Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Nick H,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your second trip back to L Hotel Seminyak. We do strive to provide our guests with all the comforts and luxury that will make your stay pleasurable and we are happy that we were able to fulfill most of your requests. Happy to provide you with all the amenities you require to have a productive stay, including a computer! We also have plans to include a workstation in our lobby for guests' use so you never need to fret about getting your work done.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our room service menu. We will certainly look into this, and will try to make the foie gras and wagyu beef available for you on your return to the hotel.

See you soon,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This boutique hotel has all the comforts of the best luxury hotels plus more! The staff are unbelievably good. Some of the friendliest staff I have ever encountered..
The 24hr butler per floor, driver, mobile phone (with credit), the pillow menu not to mention free cocktails and canapés every night!
We stayed a few months earlier and were greeted like family 'welcome home!' when we turned up on our honeymoon.
The only things I feel like I should mention are, as it is a boutique hotel the rooms are small (but very luxurious) and the pool is in where you eat breakfast so no time spent laying around the pool..
But overall a beautiful hotel with beautiful staff..
We definitely will be back soon..

Dear Shae,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor. You are well and truly home at L Hotel Seminyak and it is our pleasure to be your choice of accommodation in Bali. Very happy to hear you enjoyed all the personalized services and benefits we afford all our guests.

You will also be most pleased to hear that we have a new outdoor swimming pool located just a few minutes walk from the hotel, and there is now a place for you to lie by the pool, get your tan, enjoy our food and even get a massage.

Look forward to seeing you guys back here,

Best regards
Washington, Dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was traveling alone and stayed at the L Hotel in Seminyak. it is located right along a busy street. You stay here for the great service. Airport transfer was easy for a charge of $17. Room is small and modern kind of like the small boutique hotels in New York City. Think, the "W", with a little bit less luxury but then again, it does not cost what the "W" does. My room was very clean and nice but you will not want to be in your hotel room the entire day - not much to do there. Pool is indoors. It was great coming back after a busy day of discovering the great shopping in Seminyak. In fact, Seminyak is where you go to soak in contemporary Bali. Breakfast was L Hotel's version of Eggs Benedict - smoked duck, red spinach and poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce. Lovely. Spa was simple but my masseuse Sukma was fantastic. The service is the reason to come back. Everyone was fantastic and were so responsive to my requests. Free shuttle around town for drop off and pick up was a very nice touch. Also, the recommendations for dinner was spot on. The personal Butler service was great although you get a different person each time so it does not really feel like a personal butler. Nevertheless, for someone traveling solo, this was a great place to stay and the service is better than five star.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street. There is a busy restaurant across the street with music till...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
LHotelSeminyak, Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear efke,

Thanks for sharing your experience at L on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed most of the amenities and food goodies at the hotel.

Previously we only had an indoor pool, but we are happy to announce that our new outdoor pool is open and ready, and you are even able to enjoy your spa massage at the pool! Glad to hear you enjoyed the butler service too.

Keep in touch ;)

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Beautiful small hotel, friendliest staff who cannot do enough for you. They give you a mobile phone so you can arrange a pick up from anywhere in seminyak back to the hotel, much better than flagging a taxi! Food is wonderful and i would go back just for the French toast alone - amazing!

Room Tip: Go for the top suite with the bath next to the bed - it's not as strange as it sounds!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scarbgirl,

Great to read your nice review of us! Thanks so much for the nice comments, we are glad that the mobile phone and shuttle service made your trip easier!

Shall we arrange a date for you to have our French Toast again? ;)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this hotel online via agoda and was attracted by its kielh's products along with its interior & exterior. And they did not disappointment me at all. Not only do they offer a private shuttle to travel anywhere you like in seminyak, they also offer a range of complementary cocktails as well as pressing your clothes everyday. They also provide you a personal handset so if you need them to pick you up you can call the hotel or your butler directly (yes they have a butler for u :) ), also... You won't be offered any cheap all you can eat breakfast. You'd be able to enjoy an A La Cart breaky everyday (eat as much as u like too). In conclusion: great service, friendly staff, great with attention to details in a consumer's point of view :D loved the experience!!!

Dear meiiiisquared,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience at L Hotel on Tripadvisor! So pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Kiehl's amenities and interior design among others. We do pride ourselves on our Butlers, and other personalised services so extremely glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Come back for more of our breakfast goodness :)

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our overall experience was fantastic but there are a few features about L Hotel that stand out and made it a very unique and wonderful experience. The bedrooms and the hotel itself, are very funky and stylish! We were really impressed with the pillow menu alone. The breakfast selection was unlike any other I have experienced before. The restaurant uses local, high quality ingredients, has a wide selection of all you can eat, a la carte items, and my personal favourite was the homemade granola and individual brown bag of breakfast bread. The shuttle service was impeccable and we were able to go anywhere we wanted in Semniyak with very little notice ahead of time. The cell phones provided to guests upon arrival were very useful and were an added bonus. BUT the most amazing feeling was the warmth and hospitality of the whole staff. Every time we left the hotel and returned, it was like being with family. We jokingly called the butlers and front desk staff our Balinese uncles and aunties because they treated us with such genuine care and attentiveness. I expected the funky hotel decor but I didn't expect such personalized treatment. This is what made our stay at L Hotel feel like staying in our home away from home rather than just staying in a place to rest out head for the night. Special recognition to Wulan our very hospitable and adorable butler for the first 3 days of our stay.

Room Tip: If you are staying there for more than 2 days you might want to select a bigger room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LHotelSeminyak, Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear James,

Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review of your stay at L Hotel Seminyak. We are indeed touched to hear your many nice comments especially about the personalised service you felt at the hotel. We will make sure Wulan hears of your compliments and recognition of her service. We feel humbled that we were able to give you such a memorable and touching trip.

Thrilled also to hear you enjoyed the homemade granola and other fresh foods at breakfast.

Look forward to seeing you here again and please keep in touch,

Best regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I recently chose to stay at this hotel. Normally I stay at an old fave of mine in Seminyak. This is my 15th visit to Bali and know most of the places. I was that impressed wtih the service in particular that I felt it worthy to provide my very first comment on accomodation.

The hotel itself.....Its not the biggest room but all the amenities in the room and the room itself is very well appointed. You'd have to be super fussy and staying at the Ritz to knock this hotel around too much. I'm fairly fussy and a clean freak.

The rooms are up to date and very clean. Quite western in its design so if its culture and authentic Indonesian you're after, this is not for you.

The staff are amongst the best I've experienced of any hotel in Bali. Not in your face, extremely well trained, perceptive and engaging. Eka, my appointed butler and Mei, a recent appointment from Hanging Garden who is a brilliant host made my stay something different and memorable. All the staff including head chef and the Hotel Manager Budiman, Sukma and Arnold were great. These members of the team all really impressed me.

My only disappointment and I hate to say it was that the pool is indoors. I am told however they are busily building a pool on a different site just down the road. I'm sure it will be as impressive as the rest of the hotel and based on that, I would stay again. I still managed to satisfy my pool requirements at a hotel down the road.

The rooftop bar is just great. The free cocktail and canapes are a great idea and makes you want to buy the second drink plus some! Great views from the rooftop, excellent music, comfortable to relax and enjoy the sunset.

The free minibar is also a nice added touch. All in all, a great small luxury hotel, hard to fault, centrally located and great service that's not overdone.
I hope they can maintain the hoetl appeal and service as they have set a pretty high bar!

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, ask for a room not facing Jalan Petitenget - mine was whisper quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear LG1255100,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure to have you at the hotel over Nyepi as well! All our teams remember you fondly and it is certainly memorable for us when we have an interactive and engaging experience with our guests. Mei, Arnold, Sukma and Eka are very appreciative of your comments and we would love to have you stay at the hotel again.

You are correct, we do have a brand new outdoor pool which is ready and its cool waters are waiting for you to take a dip. We do recognize the need for a outdoor swimming pool, and we are appreciative for your feedback.

Best regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to L Hotel Seminyak? Share your experiences!