“Stylish boutique hotel with exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L Hotel Seminyak

You added L Hotel Seminyak to your Saves list
L Hotel Seminyak
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raya Petitenget No 8L, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Special Price
10% Autumn Leave
Ranked #36 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Stylish boutique hotel with exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at the L hotel with a friend of mine for 4 nights. We absolutely loved this new boutique hotel with all its comforts. After staying in quite a few five star hotels all around the world this hotel really amazed me, especially regarding its value for money. Considering the L Hotel belongs to the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World" group and paying only 140€ a night/room is exceptional. We got a special opening rate which is 50% off the regular price, so you better hurry! ;)

As in the other reviews already mentioned there is a 24 hour individual butler service (which includes free steaming up to 4 pieces a day), a 24 hour shuttle service (which is so convenient- we loved it!), a personal cell phone so you are able to call for pick ups or any other assistance. We also enjoyed the complimentary mini bar (ever longed for a cold coke and got annoyed at the horrendous mini bar prices? well, not with this one) and the complimentary drink and canapes at the wonderful rooftop bar. The Lychee Martinis and the food were superb (try the Chicken Tikka and the scallops), as well as the view overlooking padi fields and the ocean. We were also big fans of the pillow menu (you can choose from 5 different pillows), the Kiehl's toiletries and the delicious a la carte breakfast. The breakfast/dining area is directly by the pool which gives it a special charm and to my taste is not disturbing at all (referring to the other reviews). When we went out late we preferred to have breakfast in bed the next morning at no extra charge.

Our butler organized a wonderful daytrip to Ubud including a visit to the monkey forest and the elephant safari park, booked our treatments at the L Spa next door (the hot stone and traditional Balinese massage are fantastic) and always had the best recommendations where to go out. All the hotspots (W Hotel, Ku de Ta, Potato Head) are just around the corner. Another great tip was Nammos beachclub at Karma Kandara and the famous Rock Bar at Ayana Resort & Spa. Totally worth the drive (depending on the traffic about 1 hour by cab, not more than 10€)!

The minor downsides of the hotel mentioned in previous reviews regarding the pool and the small rooms are really not an issue. You are out on day trips, the beach or at beach clubs anyway! If you are on honeymoon and prefer to spend all day in your room or by the pool then a private villa would be the better option for you (e.g. The Ulin Villas & Spa). For all the others who are looking for a stylish boutique hotel with great value for money and outstanding service this is for you!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Liftestyle Suite (which is the smallest room) since we'd rather spend the extra m...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
LHotelSeminyak, Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Josephine,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review!! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the butler service, the mobile phone, the shuttle service, the mini bar... (where does the list stop ;) ??)

Our motto at L is to "Live Life" and we are truly happy that you managed to do that on your visit. Lychee martinis seem to be a favourite at Luna and we will definitely pass your compliments to our staff and Chef.

Hope to see you back at L soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I got on extremely well during my stay at L Hotel. service were embracing and world class. the staff were genuinely helpful.

the rooms were very nice, if you're looking for a good night's sleep, this is the place to be. The design and hospitality made my trip perfect, despite my high expectations, I was pleasantly surprised!

Thanks for everything!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Andre,

Thanks for the compliments and review on Tripadvisor. Especially happy to hear you enjoyed the service and all the details of L Hotel.

Hope to see you back here again!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here in December but continue to patronize there F&B outlets , when i m staying with friends. I found it thanks to SLH . I was impressed with the welcoming , all the details , the design .
The rooms might first look small, but so greatly done and comfortable and the amenities are fabulous. The service is so pesonalised with their butler service , genuine hospitality ,friendly staff everywhere .The location is also unique ...really Seminyak .The food is superb in all the outlets ...delicious breakfast , excellent lunch and dinner @ Lola .
i did write a review about their amazing roof top bar ..the best place to eat in Bali , with next door Sarong ,Metis and Mamasan .....but i was told the chef use to work at Mamasan...no wonders...all this with a very good value for money !!
Do not forget to try there Spa , next door .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear tintinautibet,

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of us on Tripadvisor. Extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and the little details while you were here.

Indeed, our Head Chef Rutger used to work at Mama San, and he has got great European background as well as Asian flair. Thank you for your patronage, and I would be most happy to welcome you on your next visit here.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a fantastic stay at the L Hotel, Seminyak, stayed for 5 nights in March 2013. Great amenities and the staff were exceptional in every way, warm, friendly and welcoming. Loved the unique individual butler service (organised tours, restaurant reservations and at your service at all times) and the use of a local mobile phone for anytime car pick-ups/drop-offs within the town.
Loved the rooftop bar with complementary cocktail/canapes every evening (best Lychee martini I've ever sampled!) and the breakfasts were amazing. I was in the Lifestyle room which was compact but perfectly formed. The hotel is in a great location and near to some great restaurants, bars and shops and also to the beach. The spa next door is also great and all guests receive 25% discount on all treatments. The hotel also offers all guests access to the private members beach club in Canggu - well worth visiting. Would definitely recommend a stay here if you want to be in the centre of things and want a hotel that provides great personalised service tailored to you every need.

Room Tip: The Lifestyle suite was great for me as I was travelling alone but would maybe recommend either the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ms Reena,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your stay in L Hotel Seminyak. We are ultimately pleased with the fact that you found our concept and service great, and also happy that the extra services that we provide helped you enjoy a wonderful stay!

Lychee martinis on Luna Rooftop Bar, a relaxing massage at L'Spa and our grand breakfasts sounds like a good trip indeed!

Come back soon!
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am not sure, I written a review straight after my 2 nights stay at what they promoting as new chic boutique hotel in Bali - Hotel L Seminyak... but my candid honest feedback about my stays experienced and review got censored somewhat by TripAdvisor system for some reason... anyway not sure if still worthwhile for me to post my review.
Please don't and never read my feedback as negative in fact as positive as I am spending my time in hopefully the Hotel L management and operator gets the message and steps for quality improvement.
From the start, I am not feeling good as missing the charm, tranquility and sense of being in Bali. The hotel and location boasts of being "chic boutique luxurious" are not matched when I entered the lobby, on the super tiny lift and to the room. Yes it may have been decorated to some degree but sorry to say this it is so off the mark as appointment of low class standard quality of furniture and fixtures and the overall cleanliness of the hotel (especially being recently opened in Sept 2012...) is way off with scratches marked on floors and the whole feeling of the complex already aged and run down ... for the claim of Luxurious category.
The promised of having butler service - yes they try hard, but lack of skills and training for providing "personalised butler service" in they are not anticipating what the guests needs and wants but on call for service... but by different faces... and yes they are friendly but I dont feel they do it from the "hearts" ... so much different from my experience at Bali Intercontinental.
The room appointment is clean, pillows and bed are comfortable, but due to compacted space and design, the shower and the toilet are separated by the bed and if not careful - floor can be slippery due to wetness going from one end to the other... Breakfast ala carte is basic and standard. For values - it is misleading what presented as claimed of Boutique, Chic,Luxurious, the images/photos on the web. the hotel rates to what real experience I got from it.
In summary, they try hard... but misleading and missing the mark from Promise of Brand Value!

Room Tip: Unless you visiting Bali for business and not leisure - this is NOT the hotel you want to stay and b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LHotelSeminyak, Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Catomarv,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback on your recent stay with us and sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy the overall L Seminyak experience. We certainly value our customers and your feedback is very important to us. L Hotel Seminyak is designed as an urban chic boutique hotel by an internationally-acclaimed architect and interior designer with alluring décor and warm personalized services. In fact, our butler services is our hallmark and many of our guests love the unique individual butler service as shared on the guests feedback card and on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely apologize if your stay with us did not live up to your expectations and we will definitely take your feedback positively in order to improve ourselves. I would like to personally discuss further with you and would appreciate if you could kindly forward to me your contact number and I will call you back. Alternaitvely , you may call me on my mobile number +628113883266 or email directly at budiman@thelhotels.com

Look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you personally during your next stay with us.

Kind Regards.

Yours sincerely,

Budiman Wijaja
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Thank you L Hotel for a lovely experience you've provided to us!
I think the best strength of the hotel is the service. I never thought how smiles really lighten up someone else's day. Everybody seems really polite and always give you their genuine smile and I never notice how contagious it is. Its a beautiful thing. It surely lightens up the whole place!

The rooms are a bit small but that's really not an issue since the interior are fantastic! and my girlfriend loves the huge pillows! The complimentary (kiehl's)toiletries are awesome! They even provide sunblock. Plus the complimentary drinks! Swimming pool is quite small and just beside the bar and the dining area, which is a lil bit awkward but again i don't think is an issue because you can easily get drinks and food if you feel like it, plus you wont worry about sunburn because its indoor. Experience the sunset with dinner at their Luna bar at the hotel's rooftop. I can just spend all night chillin out their instead of going to a super crowded kuta-legian bars. You can try their tandori buffalo wings appetizer, guaranteed!
So all in all, I really would recommend you to try staying in this hotel. It's beautiful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LHotelSeminyak, Manager at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Juanmigs,

Thanks for your wonderful review! We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

You are indeed correct. There is nothing like a beautiful smile to light up your day and we are blessed that our Balinese team warms everyone's day with their smiles and hospitality.

We are pleased to announce that we have a brand new outdoor pool open now where you can enjoy our great food and get a nice tan! So come on back whenever you are ready and get your favourite Tandoori Chicken Wings!

Best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and by the end of our stay, we were really sad to leave.
The staff here are forever friendly and helpful. - and I do not only mean the front desk. Everyone we ran into that worked in the hotel was cheerful and friendly. We did not have one bad experience here. The additional service that comes with our stay really does make staying in L worthwhile.
- Breakfast is included and it was superb. We were not disappointed at all
- Daily free drink and canapés at the Rooftop Bar. - And the selection of drinks were good and so were the canapés. More too often, the free drinks at other hotels are watered down. Definitely not the case in L
- Free shuttle around Seminyak area - We explored quite a bit around Seminyak area and only once was the hotel not able to arrange for a pick up. - We took a cab and the front desk paid for our fare
- Personalized butler service - They were not kidding that you have a butler at your service 24/7. Our butler, Eka, was fantastic. Every morning, she will come by during our breakfast to either confirm or help us plan our day. Within the hour, we would have all our confirmations printed and handed to us. I am a gym person and the gym at this hotel is somewhat lacking. I spoke to Eka on our 1st day here and she found me a gym within 10 minutes, accompanied me there to ensure it was ok. (more on the gym later). The butlers had a wealth of information on what to do, where to eat...It is so important when you have to rely on locals for suggestions. We were definitely not disappointed with any of their suggestions.
- Personal mobile phone - Part of the service is that the hotel will issue you a local mobile phone so that you can call for pick up or speak to your butler.
- Free ironing: The hotel offers free ironing of up to 4 pieces of clothing per day. By the time we were back, our clothes were hanging in our closet.
- Free mini-bar use: they provide sodas and juices and it is stocked back up daily.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We had a extremely pleasant stay and will definitely come back and not hesitant to recommend this hotel to friends.

A few more pointers:

- The gym they have now is really lacking but if you are a gym person, there is a place less than 5 minutes by foot called Daily Gym that is well-equipped. They charge 40,000 Rupees per day
- The hotel is walking distance to a lot of eateries, convenience store and Potato Head (about 10 minutes stroll). Highly recommend Biku (about 5 minutes walk)
- The rooms are small as noted by many reviews but it is sufficient for a couple.
- If you are staying with a friend, do make sure you are comfortable with each other as it is an open concept shower. They do have a screen but still...
- If you are traveling with children, I would imagine 1 young child is still ok but any more might be a tight squeeze in one room.
- The spa service was really good. I manage to squeeze in 3 sessions while there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
LHotelSeminyak, Management at L Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear sueduncan,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback about L Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed the service of the entire hotel, especially from our butler, Eka. We will be sure to let her know of your compliments.

We apologize if the gym was not suited to your requirements, and we will try to fit it with more equipment that may suit your needs.

Overall, we are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed the overall experience of the hotel and we would love to have you here back again.

Best regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to L Hotel Seminyak? Share your experiences!