“Great location, clean, good value, friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Pelangi Bali Hotel to your Saves list
Pelangi Bali Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Camplung Tanduk, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #78 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
“Great location, clean, good value, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed 7 nights in May 2014. We booked a super deluxe room as we were staying as a family of four (2 adults, 3 year old and 1 year old) and didn't want to be too cramped. The only hiccup with the room is that the extra bed was not in the room when we arrived, but it was brought it immediately and the staff were very apologetic. Could not fault the service.

The room type was actually larger than expected. We had a king bed, a single and a cot in the room (along with the small couch and chair etc.) and still had room to move, we didn't feel cramped at all. There was a reasonable amount of storage space appropriate for the room normally being for 2 people. Some drawers or cupboards in the bathroom would have been handy, as would some hooks or wash line to hang up wet bathers etc.

The room was well supplied, neat and clean. Air con worked well and the room was quite dark which is great for the climate. I found the bed quite hard and a bit uncomfortable but my husband (who usually hates hotel beds) didn't complain about it. The couch/chair in the room were practical I guess but not comfortable.

We had requested a room close to the pool/restaurant and couldn't have got any closer. The only downside to the room is that being on the ground floor if you want the curtains open you have no privacy.

The restaurant was decent enough. Breakfast was supplied and had a good mix of local and american type offerings. No issues there. We had lunch regularly delivered to the pool area and room service a few times as well. No additional charges for room service. Food was delivered promptly. Huge variety of food on menu, something to cater for mosts tastes. Food average overall but not bad.

Staff were all very friendly and great with the kids. The hotel doesn't seem to be marketed as a family friendly one, and our children were among only a few we saw. In saying that, the pool has a shallow end (80cm) which is separated by a wall in the pool to stop them going into the deep section. High chairs were available in the restaurant as well.

The pool was great, nice temperature, enough lounges, pool bar as well. It wasn't peak time when we went but it was never too crowded at the pool.

We used the spa/beauty for 3 books (two for me, one for my husband). The treatments were quite good and although apparently1 expensive for Bali (we didn't go elsewhere to compare) very cheap compared to similar treatments back home. In one of my bookings the therapist was on her phone (texting I assume, I could hear the clicks) and finished 20 minutes early on a 2 hour treatment. As the manager wasn't there when I left I complained the next morning, which was just before we were due to the depart. The manager dealt with it professionally, she was very embarrassed and apologetic about what happened and immediately offered me a 1 hour free massage, eventually convincing me to have a 30 minute massage as I was running very low on time. I was more than happy with how the situation was dealt with. And the 30 minute massage I got was fantastic!

Location was great, opposite the beach ( very narrow road separating hotel and beach which was used by pedestrians and bikes). I didn't like the beach area, was a bit dirty. Waves were huge (not surfable) and I didn't venture into the water. Most nights we ate at the bean bag restaurants on the beach, watching the sunset and enjoying cheap meals. You get a bit hassles by the sales people but they weren't too bad. It was only a few minutes walking to the boutiques in Seminyak and lots of the normal cheap shops too.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Pelangi again but if I had a bigger budget I'd look at other options too.

Room Tip: The pool and restaurant are at the rear of the hotel (beach end). It's a long walk from the lob...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Pelangi Hotel is a beautiful place to stay, friendly staff helpful when when wanting to book tours. The pool has access for people with disabilities. Rooms are cleaned everyday with a touch of love. Bottled water everyday. Friendly place for families. Just one thing would be good, on Friday nights a group called Ebon need new speakers to sound perfect when singing.

Room Tip: Any room would be perfect
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Bagram, Afghanistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Hands down a great experience... I came here by myself a couple weeks ago..As soon as I was settled into my room, I did a quick walk around the hotel.. I was amazed at the location and the beauty of this hotel.. The beach was less than one minute walk from the pool.
If you get a chance locate Madie he has a little shop to the left once you walk out towards the beach. His hospitality was second to none. He seemed to know everyone in the area. A great tour guide.. Also, there was this pizza joint to the right once you walk out towards the beach... You will not be disappointed..

Oh and the swim up bar.....FANTASTIC..

Thank you for a great experience..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Tweed Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here 9 or 10 times in past and keep coming back, right on beachfront with beach bars in front all with live music nightly,plenty of good restaurents in walking distance, clean rooms with good bedding and friendly staff and a great pool all I need for a good holiday.The only problem is breakfast is good however dining at other times is not up to standard of other places in area.
Phil B

Room Tip: I always stay on top floor close to beach
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed at Pelangi for our 1st ever week in Bali.
Staff all very friendly and helpful.
Nice place but getting a bit dated and could do with a bit of updating and exterior cleaning.
Room was good size and comfortable will everything we needed.
Facilities were all good with nice big pool with wet bar.
Right on the beach and handy to everything.
WIFI free but not very reliable.
Buffet breakfasts were good but the cooks at the egg station were hopeless. Gave up on trying to get a decent poached egg after a couple of tries and no chance of a soft boiled egg.
Overall a good place to stay due to location and facilities.

Room Tip: Great location
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
South Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel. Initially I wasn't impressed (4 years ago), but went back as we holiday with my uncle and he likes it and is a creature of habit.
The location is brilliant, right on the beach, lots of bars and eateries close by.
The hotel is a little tired looking, but it's clean and functional and great value for money. They also offer a free shuttle service to Kuta a few times a day which was great.
The pool is lovely, it's a pity it closes at 8pm though.
The worst thing about this hotel is the food, it's awful - no wonder the restaurant is always empty. The food was terrible 4 years ago and it really hasn't improved. Breakfast is good though, so that's something.
Due to location and functionality I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Pelangi is a practical hotel. It has all most people need. Clean rooms, good air con, nice pool, great places to watch sunsets on the beach. And pleasant staff. It was almost booked out when we visited due to they above reasons. Let's face it, some people are never happy, but we really enjoyed our time at the Pelangi.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Pelangi Bali Hotel? Share your experiences!