“Right on the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 86 hotels in Seminyak
Bundaberg
“Right on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Rooms are well sized, clean and tidy. Cable TV, no safety box in our room. Buffet breakfast included (was fine but not inspiring), nice pool and the restaurant/Pool area exit directly onto the beach. At the $100 per night we paid it was good value for money for the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

553 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Sydney Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Pelangi from 6-13 October. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely this hotel was. Our room (111) was perfect for us, on the ground floor, just the standard room but big enough for 2 people, I am glad I didn’t pay the extra money for a deluxe room we were only in it to sleep. We did have a clothesline over the bath which was handy. It was amazingly quiet in the room we couldn’t hear anyone in the rooms beside us, a first for us in Bali. No there isn’t a safe in the room but they have security boxes in reception. We found wifi didn’t always work in our room, but it did in the restaurant, but no big deal for us. The staff were very, very friendly, the breakfast was more than adequate, I can’t understand people who complain about a buffet breakfast, what do they eat at home? There bacon was the best I have ever had, they chopped it up into small pieces and it wasn’t all crispy like most hotels in Bali The pool was clean and they have a lot of pool beds so there was always enough to go around. They also didn’t play loud raucous music around the pool, it was easy listening music a bit of a change from the hotel we stayed in last year. We loved the location, looking out to the ocean at breakfast and lying around the pool was so relaxing. The little restaurants on the beach were so cheap for an evening meal, we didn’t spend much more than $12 for the two of us. There was also a choice of a bit more up market restaurants along the beach front further down and they were excellent as well and still not expensive compared to eating out in Sydney. We have been to Bali many times and we really liked this hotel and would definitely return. We could not find one thing to complain about with this hotel. The only thing I would complain about was the group of young Australians who got drunk at happy hour in the pool and were yelling and making a complete nuisance of themselves and then let off firecrackers in the corridors outside the rooms. Sometimes I am ashamed to be Australian in Bali. Fortunately the security put a stop to their misbehavior before bedtime. Fortunately we left the next day so didn’t have to put up with them for very long. The people who say a hotel is tired in Bali just don’t understand how hard it is to maintain a place in such tropical conditions. I don’t go to pick fault with a room, I go to have a relaxing holiday

Room Tip: We had room 111 on the ground floor and it was very quiet, the a/c worked well. There is not much va...
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the Pelangi for a friends wedding and had a great stay.
The rooms were clean and tidy, the breakfast buffet was delicious and the pool was majestic if you went for a swim at sunset.
The only complain i would have is be very careful using their electrical appliances - my friend nearly electrocuted himself using the iron they lent us - after that i wasn't game enough to use the hair dryer.
But all in all the service and hotel amenities are fantastic.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Woy Woy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Bali is a mixture of the old and the new. Nothing perfect, nothing horrible.
Reception staff were efficient and friendly, the guy on the travel desk was polite as hell but spoke monkey English and I'm quick to be critical. Late October, the heat was 41C (105F), max. humidity built up before the rains arrive. Deadly.
So to walk 1000 paces to an ATM was horrible.Air conditioned cab to shops or markets at Kuta , Legian etc $4.00 , cab to ATM $2.00. It was smarter to take ALL cash to Bali and leave stash in the hotel strong room. No safe in room is no biggy.Aircon in room quiet and cold, magnificent.
No drawers in room wardrobes is big downer. Old Bali had no drawers. Dang. Shelving in my view is crap. My wife didn't mind so....whatever. But it does reflect the old-fashioned character of the resort. I'm quick to not like OLD, not like TIRED, quick to look for RUN DOWN but this is OK.
Cheap (Superior Grade) room No. 116 was very big, shaded, bed comfy, no noise and just the right distance from the pool (which is adjacent the beach at the rear of the property). The dining room is adjacent the pool/beach at the rear. All very lovely. And clean.All very clean.
Beachfront Warung restaurants are same price as hotel ($50.00 dinner for two) and are grunge
character, may as well eat at the Resort which, by the way, has plenty of variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Other reviewers said no variety must be VERY picky.
No good markets within walking distance is a downer. We like to shop in markets but cabs are SO cheap!!.
So, nothing perfect, nothing horrible , we had a VERY good time and everyone we met at the Resort were satisfied that they had no complaints/ in fact had good time.

Room Tip: Balconies on upper floor are 5'-00"x 2'-00" (1500mmx600mm) and not worth having. M...
Woombye, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Lukewarm reception,very average room,1.5 M2 balcony.
Good breakfast,nice pool and view.
Beach very average and full of noise on the small road boarding it.
Back to Sanur next time.
Been 9 times in Bali;certainly the worst hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at Pelangi for twelve nights. All I can say about it is how fantastic the location is. Near great main streets and right on the beautiful Seminyak beach , with great beach bars and restaurants. The hotel itself is quite dated but is very clean and nice, with an exceptional pool. If location is important and your on a budget, I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This review is a long time coming - I have only just joined up as a member. We stayed at the Pelangi in May 2011.
We chose the hotel due to its good location and great price (I think we paid AU $900.00 for ten nights). It was the first time I had booked a hotel myself, rather than through a travel agent but it was all ok (I booked through Expedia).
The rooms were clean and a decent size and in my opinion, good value, especially at $90.00 per night. We didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel as we were out and about a lot.
The breakfasts were fine and I loved the pool - being able to swim in the pool whilst looking at the ocean was amazing. When we first arrived I was a bit concerned about how many sunbeds there were but we never had an issue getting them when we were at the pool.
All up, I found the hotel to be good value at $90.00 per night. For that price in Melbourne you can barely stay at a backpackers.
Other notes - the small hut restaurant on the beach in front of the hotel served amazing food - especially Nasi Goreng - and even better cocktails - I had quite a headache one morning!!
Bali Spa on the road leading to the hotel was also great - a bit more expensive than most for massages but a really lovely, upmarket, relaxing experience. Even my husband had a massage there. Ultimo restaurant in Seminyak's 'eat street' was amazing (Italian food).
Also, if you do any white water rafting/horseriding etc, book with one of the guys in the small stalls out on the road - you can bargain with them much more than the people who sit at desks in the hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelangi Bali Hotel? Share your experiences!